Why counterfeit sneakers are booming

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Back in my day :flabbynsick:there was no stigma around fakes—-or cats just didn’t know they were fakes —- bc it was so new. Also this was the jersey era. So if you had J’s that matched your jersey nggas just assumed you had it like that, like Mike personally made you a pair. A team USA jersey with some red white and blue 11’s? In 2003?

:wtf::damn::gladbron::salute:

Even Fabolous was rockin fakes in the trade it all video. That’s actually what made Jordan brand start adding outside the box colorways we still see today, bc it was an avalanche of custom colors on these Chinese websites with . All with the same type name. Coolkicks.net, Nicekicks.com, Sneakyfeet…:lolbron:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Serious question how does one tell fake sneakers from real, asking cause I'm not a sneaker head? I see these boutique sneaker spots popping up in my area. I swear they be from Canel St. So I stay away from them.

Check the video in the OP, part of the verification process is to literally smell the shoes because visually the appearance and materials are just that good.

:hubie:

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
Bro I'm very in touch with black social culture. You don't see me in reps or anything extra flashy at a 30+ year old lounge, cigar club, at the golf course with my oldheads, at church, etc.

You might catch me taking a walk with my wife in a park/river walk or at a whole foods with some reps on tho, you got me there fam. :manny:
In Houston they wear flashy shyt at all that stuff though and I can tell if a nikka dress shoes and suit garbage.Wearing reps mean you wish you had the clout ir bread to get it like that because at the end of the day you can rock something else.Wearing fake shyt speak to a clout chasing character trait.You basically a fraud cap ass nikka.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
if you can't afford them get other shyt. Even other nikes.

i started rocking dunks when they were $69 and air force 1s hit $100.
I started rocking blazers when everyone moved on those [and by then I could afford dunks so it was whatever]
and now its hard to hit on dunks and jordans so I'm on some other nikes...

fakes are inexcusable imo :hubie:

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
this def aint true for jewelry. chinese rolex/ap superclones are so good now that it's impossible to tell without looking at the movement. that's one reason panerai fell off so much, their clones were perfected before other brands' were. weight's still a good tell for shyt that's supposed to be precious metal.
Bro if you wearing a 150,000 dollar watch but you lulled up in 5year old stock challenger.We know your AP aint real.Like I said its better just not to wear that shyt.Fake stunting doesn't fool people.Its like renting a luxury whip everyone with sense can tell its a rental.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
In Houston they wear flashy shyt at all that stuff though and I can tell if a nikka dress shoes and suit garbage.Wearing reps mean you wish you had the clout ir bread to get it like that because at the end of the day you can rock something else.Wearing fake shyt speak to a clout chasing character trait.You basically a fraud cap ass nikka.
Wearing reps means I like the design and buy low, how it complements a fit is all that's on my mind. You're the only one in this equation talking clout. Probably because you value the name behind the design more than I do so you buy high and thus you over value the name to justify the tag.

It's not any more complicated than that :yeshrug:

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
Wearing reps means I like the design and buy low, how it complements a fit is all that's on my mind. You're the only one in this equation talking clout. Probably because you value the name behind the design more than I do so you buy high and thus you over value the name to justify the tag.

It's not any more complicated than that :yeshrug:
They make shoes that look like designer that arent reps though.You just a nikka who character I cant fukk with trying to justify you cornball ways.You cant see you in touch with black culture then try to act like wearing fakes is acceptable.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
They make shoes that look like designer that arent reps though.You just a nikka who character I cant fukk with trying to justify you cornball ways.You cant see you in touch with black culture then try to act like wearing fakes is acceptable.
I mean if we're being all the way 3,000, I haven't met too many 30+ year olds who assign character to shoes worth fukking with irl either. That's another (free) benefit that comes with wearing reps, it's you repellent. :yeshrug:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I remember like almost 20 years ago I was scammed. Bought some fake hawaiis that I wanted to flip. shyt hurt my soul. At that point I bought shyt from Niketalk and SOLE exclusively.

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
Bro if you wearing a 150,000 dollar watch but you lulled up in 5year old stock challenger.We know your AP aint real.Like I said its better just not to wear that shyt.Fake stunting doesn't fool people.Its like renting a luxury whip everyone with sense can tell its a rental.
i read replica forums from time to time, a lot of these cats buy the real thing, keep it in the safe for investment purposes and rock the fake :manny:

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
I mean if we're being all the way 3,000, I haven't met too many 30+ year olds who assign character to shoes worth fukking with irl either. That's another (free) benefit that comes with wearing reps, it's you repellent. :yeshrug:
Fake shoes aka you typed in gucci replica to find your shyt.Then you came with that musuem/whole foods shyt like you some upperclass dude. You a cornball trying justify you cornball ways as if you live some highstyle life You'll buy reps but if you was really that frugal why shop at whole foods instead of buying organic at a cheaper store? Why are you going out for coffee? Do you got a fake kuerig and it done taste the same

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
How dudes who overpaid for their designs really be on the inside when they see you get off a fit in reps that look 99% as real for 60% less:

3zkplu.jpg
Well see, I actually wear designer. If its not in store, theyll just order it from another store and ship it. Which defeats yall arguments for StockX /resellers cause most designer you can find some where else, at retail price, legitimately.

Keep wearing them Bensalagas though.

Robo Squirrel

CEO @ Squirrel Burger: Fish & Chips
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco, CA
The funny thing is that the “real” and “fake” shoes are likely coming from the same factory. Humans validate things that they like and don’t like. Might as well pay $100 for a shoe that cost $20 to make as opposed to resale prices.

People brag about spending bloated retail and resale prices for clothing and shoes is hilarious. Most people want what others have. If a celeb started rocking fakes I bet nikkas would do the same.
This.