Why counterfeit sneakers are booming

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
We were talking about the high end people you allegedly hang around that wear knock offs. Are you too stupid to keep up with the conversation?
Right and there are high end people who are not in the listed cities. It was a nothing point.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Right, it comes down to whether or not you can afford something. Affording it or not doesn't enter in my equation. I buy low, sell high, that's a philosophy for me :yeshrug:
Sell what? The bensalagas? You sound insane in here.

But that’s probably why you are where you are in life :manny:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Til she walk into brunch with that bag and girls giggling cuz they got the real one.

You're failing to appreciate just how good the fake bags are, you're not going to eyeball them and know they're fake. In fact, rich women who can afford the real deal are even buying rep purses.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Bro I use shopstyle.com and yoox I rarely buy any clothing at full price.If you really a dressing ass dude you find ways to survive.
Yup. And wearing some clean reps when you and your wife are taking your dog to a park and then going to grab some ice cream is dressing for that occasion. Who are you in life that people are paying you that much attention?

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
So is your argument about the brand/prices or the quality of a shoe :sas2:
Look and quality. Does it look nice + cleanly designed and will it last me x amount of time. The equation Isn't much deeper than that.

You really really value brand alot in your equation, to the point that look doesn't really seem to come up in this discussion. Says alot :yeshrug:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Also designer shoes not made in China or if they are assembled they are finished in Italy or Portugal.I doubt the fakes are made in Portugal or Italy so all this same factory stuff just for Nikes.Which if the Coli hasnt realized the hypebeast is leaving those brands for athliesure luxury brand shoes.
Fixed for accuracy...

When will this exit migration of zoomer dikkheads who ruined the culture complete?

Soylent Greenz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
One of the guys bought a pair of "Fake-o-max" for $50.00....and is proud of it.

20220520-230131.jpg

Can't be me though. The real ones don't even come in that color. :mjlol:
The sneakers...the dirty light blue jeans cuff...the placement of the foot...the plain white tubes...so much nasty shyt happening in one space.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Til she walk into brunch with that bag and girls giggling cuz they got the real one.

I promise you, unless you some sort of spectrum addled savant, you're not gonna pick them out. Someone already linked an NYTimes article :lolbron:

Yup. And wearing some clean reps when you and your wife are taking your dog to a park and then going to grab some ice cream is dressing for that occasion. Who are you in life that people are paying you that much attention?

Main character nikka syndrome :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You care so much for the brand youll wear fake versions of it. You the real brand whore. If you didnt care about the brand go buy some shoes at Walmart :camby:

You sound real broke and desperate in here

“Look at my Bensalagas they came from the same factory :mjcry:

When the fukk European made shoes have factories in China :gucci:
Authentic Balenciaga shoes are made in China now, they have been for the past four years or so. Once rappers and common folk started rocking the Triple S, Tracks and Speed Runners, Balenciaga realized their new consumer base were hypebeasts who didn’t care about craftsmanship and quality. Go to your nearest Saks, Neimans or flagship Balenciaga store and look under the tongues of the Balenciaga tracks on display it’s say made in China on a cheap ass looking tag.

Meet The Luxury Brand That's Producing Its $1,000 Sneakers In China

Nikes are not a luxury item no matter how bad people want them to be. Yes, J’s and Nikes have been status symbols since the 80’s. But there’s levels to this shyt. There is no reason a sweatshop made Nike shoe should resell for a thousand dollars. Cacs are the ones who normalized reselling Nikes and J’s for inflated prices because they wanted to price nikkas out of certain shoes. :skip:

Hype does not equal quality. You can’t cheaply replicate the quality of certain shyt. You can’t bootleg the quality of a butter leather that retails for $5k with no logos.:beli: shyt, you can’t replicate the quality of Biggie Coogi sweater from the 90’s. People see the quality of the garment even when no logos are visible. But hypebeasts who really don’t know clothes or style like that think the logo or the hype around a product determines its quality which it doesn't. That’s the reason why these high fashion brands are taxing hypebeasts for screenrpinted cotton tees and hoodies. There’s a reason why they say you can’t buy style. Someone who can really dress can come out of the thrift store looking more dripped out than any hypebeast with mommy’s credit card.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
You're failing to appreciate just how good the fake bags are, you're not going to eyeball them and know they're fake. In fact, rich women who can afford the real deal are even buying rep purses.

Peep this quote:

reps “take a shyt on the you can’t sit with us mentality of designer brands,”...

Sounds familiar? :sas2:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Serious question how does one tell fake sneakers from real, asking cause I'm not a sneaker head? I see these boutique sneaker spots popping up in my area. I swear they be from Canel St. So I stay away from them.

Man the quality these days is so how even authenticators are getting beaten, also if any man is studying your clothing that hard in public you're within your rights to put hands on him

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Look and quality. Does it look nice + cleanly designed and will it last me x amount of time. The equation Isn't much deeper than that.

You really really value brand alot in your equation, to the point that look doesn't really seem to come up in this discussion. Says alot :yeshrug:
so whats stopping you from going to Nordstrom and buying $120-200 high quality shoes that arent knock offs :sas2: you the only one focusing on brand here :sas2: