Why counterfeit sneakers are booming

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Man if y’all nikkas don’t buy y’all fake shyt in peace and humbly. Cause when y’all start saying, oh you can barley tell and they made in the same factory…nikka they still fake and non authentic. They called replicas for a reason. They not the same.

We had one big ass thread on here about reps and nikkas was getting way too OD. shyt went from, it’s dumb to spend all that money on the real product, to nikkas saying the replicas were better versions of authentic shoes. Like damn nikka, if you wanna buy fake shoes just say that smh
these bums out here convincing themselves to not be ashamed for wearing Air Xiaodans :mjlol:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That money that goes to counterfeits directly funds some shyt that I morally can't get down with:hubie:

3rdLetter

Pushin afros back to '76
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Qnz, NYC
Damn I must be outta touch cuz when did nikkas start bragging about rocking fakes?
:wtf:

That’s some shyt you gotta keep to yourself. I know damn well y’all ain’t telling people that irl
:heh:
Facts. I know fakes and reps are getting better but I could never see myself copping. I'd rather go without :manny:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
The vast majority of people in real life can't tell the difference between real sneakers and high-quality fakes, and the majority doesn't really care. It's only a thing if you care about impressing hardcore sneaker nerds.
And while the hypebeast shoe community has been engaged in a war on knockoffs, simultaneously alibaba has turned Jack Ma into a billionaire 20 times over, selling knockoffs of everything under the sun

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Damn I must be outta touch cuz when did nikkas start bragging about rocking fakes?
:wtf:

That’s some shyt you gotta keep to yourself. I know damn well y’all ain’t telling people that irl

not gonna lie this thread made me go down a rabbit hole and compared to 10 years ago these fakes have gotten better prices have caught with quality it seems

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
Y'all more focused on name brands than if dudes are actually getting their fits off.

That's why most these nikkas will rock Sketchers with a weird name and swear they getting fits off :laff:.

If you catch me in reps in your city, I'm probably running errands, going to a museum, about to meet up and just take a nice stroll through a park, headed to a dive bar, coffee shop, at the beach, etc. Nobody in that world is really checking if your shyt is real or not. They get a quick glance, see you're well put together and have nicely designed shoes that elevate your fit and keep it moving.
I can tell you a oddball dude who not in touch with black social culture.If you in at a even were people are wearing real vvs jewelry and real designer in fake shyt you going to get spotted .You mite not get clowned but someone mute check you. Bruh said a dive bar or the museum. Why dont you wear skechers then

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
the better reps don't cost much less than authentics. We don't buy shoes to tell people that they're authentic, we buy them because we like the way they look. Another thread made about reps maybe a month ago led me to purchase a pair of cherry red 11s and I'm very impressed with the quality.

RVl6jVa.jpg
Ctfuuu wooooow

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
Wearing fake sneakers and jewelry only work if you dont stand next to the real thing.
this def aint true for jewelry. chinese rolex/ap superclones are so good now that it's impossible to tell without looking at the movement. that's one reason panerai fell off so much, their clones were perfected before other brands' were. weight's still a good tell for shyt that's supposed to be precious metal.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
I can tell you a oddball dude who not in touch with black social culture.If you in at a even were people are wearing real vvs jewelry and real designer in fake shyt you going to get spotted .You mite not get clowned but someone mute check you. Bruh said a dive bar or the museum. Why dont you wear skechers then
Bro I'm very in touch with black social culture. You don't see me in reps or anything extra flashy at a 30+ year old lounge, cigar club, at the golf course with my oldheads, at church, etc.

You might catch me taking a walk with my wife in a park/river walk or at a whole foods with some reps on tho, you got me there fam. :manny:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
What? Pricing is a good enough reason to buy a version of something that's slightly worse in quality. We do this all the time, with other items. I bought a $1000 TV and skipped passed the $5000 one because even though it was better, the marginal utility jump (more economics) over $4000 didn't make sense. Many people feel the same about replicas. May not have anything to do with how they're perceived.
Copping a cheaper tv ain’t the same thing. It’s not like you copped a fake tv

If you wanna cop some cheaper shoes be my guest. But copping fakes is just a way to front and save some bread
:manny:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Facts. I know fakes and reps are getting better but I could never see myself copping. I'd rather go without :manny:
And tbh. I get why people cop fakes. Either you don’t got the money or don’t wanna spend the money on the real thing. But nikkas in here acting like they letting the world know they rocking fakes irl