Why counterfeit sneakers are booming

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
I never said they weren’t. Those pics or similar have been passed around sneaker forums for years.

My point was simply, your average white person wasn’t into sneakers like we were.
I mean every white guy I was in school with wore Nikes.I didnt see them wearing nbs and off brand til like middle school.

Peauxboy

All Star
Daps
I mean every white guy I was in school with wore Nikes.I didnt see them wearing nbs and off brand til like middle school.

Yea, they’ve always known brands or had favorite brands. However, they didn’t know what models from those brands to wear.

They’d be getting cooked and be like, :manny: what?, they’re Nikes.

Family Man

Banned
Daps
the better reps don't cost much less than authentics. We don't buy shoes to tell people that they're authentic, we buy them because we like the way they look. Another thread made about reps maybe a month ago led me to purchase a pair of cherry red 11s and I'm very impressed with the quality.

RVl6jVa.jpg
How can one tell that these are fakes?

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
First and foremost stop caping for cacs.

Reps are popular because artificial scarcity is back firing. Similar thing with the music industry when everything went digital. Labels charging $20 for an album with 2 bops and some mid, then cried foul when folk’s started bootlegging.

Designers doing the same and worse. They double dipping off of retail and resale. I hope reps humble them. fukk em.
when we were growing up everybody probably remembers how bad rep shoes looked. you probably remember that kid who got roasted for wearing fake shoes and that alone was probably enough to make you never want to wear fake shoes. its crazy to realize this, but kids today will never know what that experience was like. they will never grow up stigmatized by that common experience. they will never carry that with them like a lot of the old sneakerheads still do. a kid today cant even roast someone's reps because what is there to even roast. to the naked eye they look indistinguishable. now reps remind me of peds in sports. we say its wrong out of a sense of tradition but we know everyone is doing it. more and more i see younger sneakerheads accepting reps as the new way, look at names and faces of the people doing the most hating. its old men that refuse to adapt to this new world we are in.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Wouldn’t do it myself but if people want to do it and it makes them happy :manny: