Why counterfeit sneakers are booming

Peauxboy

All Star
Daps
Cac skateboarders were very much into jordan 1s in the 80s

I never said they weren’t. Those pics or similar have been passed around sneaker forums for years.

My point was simply, your average white person wasn’t into sneakers like we were.

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
WOW :skip: damn I thought the way you were talking, you were early 20s. Imagine bragging about traveling the world in your late 30s paying for p*ssy and worrying about other men's shoes, wow.
I never said I pay for p*ssy I traveled around the Pacific during my early 20s as a Navy man never had to pay.Im in reasonably good shape now and enjoy staying in my hometown/state.I like to have to option to travel to certain events like Mocha Fest .I dont really be worried bout nikkas in rhe spots fits unless they got on something obviously fake like fake ass jewelry. I enjoy shoes though no lie so if someone has on unique kicks Ill look at em.I can have interest outside of typical middle aged things.Also most my peer group was told 40s the new 30 growing up. :blessed:

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
Unless you're a professional basketball player, where your livelihood is basketball, it makes no sense to me to pay inflated prices for shyt you sweat and jump in. It's gonna be beat in 6 months, then what??

Salute tho.

What? Pricing is a good enough reason to buy a version of something that's slightly worse in quality. We do this all the time, with other items. I bought a $1000 TV and skipped passed the $5000 one because even though it was better, the marginal utility jump (more economics) over $4000 didn't make sense. Many people feel the same about replicas. May not have anything to do with how they're perceived.
bro some of these nikkas in here mad as shyt :russ:

they out here pocket watching like shyt tryna feel a sense of superiority

there's 2 spots within walking distance from my crib that sell HIGH quality fakes, for a quarter of the cost or more less than the cost of the genuine article

:mjlol: at the thought of somebody paying close enough attention to my shoes(that were probably made in the same factory or the factory next door :heh: ) for me to be worried :lupe: about whether them nikkas is doing a deep dive investigation on my feet :dame:

I can get some legit high quality looking Space Jam 11s for 125 :blessed:
OR I can go on StockX and pay $450 :jbhmm:

it's like Hov says "what you eat don't make me shyt :manny:"

and it's cats in this thread deep acting like we're conjoined twins or something :mjlol:

they can call me broke all you want :mjpls:

but I ain't never gonna pay no inflated ass price for some shoes that cost essentially the same to make as the replicas :umad:

y'all think it's bytches out there pressed to look at your kicks with a magnifying glass :skip:

Last edited:

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
How dudes who overpaid for their designs really be on the inside when they see you get off a fit in reps that look 99% as real for 60% less:

3zkplu.jpg
giphy.gif

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
What other aspect of life do you think I'm not applying this ideology. You think I'm throwing my money down the drain on a high end vehicle over the cheaper model that lasts longer and is cheaper to upkeep?

Technology. You think I'm gonna get REAL CABLE for $150 a month when I can get a high end IPTV joint for $8 that's 90% as reliable. Where am I not trying to buy low
:patrice:
what's IPTV :feedme:

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
“I did it the right way, you need to do the same”

“I bought at full price, you need buy it for full price as well or I won’t respect you”

:mjlol:

2nd childhood ish. Meanwhile your favorite celeb / influencer is wearing reps & or getting for free

them cats in here high key emotionally distraught :why:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

meanwhile the rest of us are

giphy.gif

Daps
First and foremost stop caping for cacs.

Reps are popular because artificial scarcity is back firing. Similar thing with the music industry when everything went digital. Labels charging $20 for an album with 2 bops and some mid, then cried foul when folk’s started bootlegging.

Designers doing the same and worse. They double dipping off of retail and resale. I hope reps humble them. fukk em.