Why counterfeit sneakers are booming

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
:mjlol: these threads always do numbers, brehs in here 35 to 40+ years old arguing over the authenticity of sneakers

“I did it the right way, you need to do the same”

“I bought at full price, you need buy it for full price as well or I won’t respect you”

:mjlol:

2nd childhood ish. Meanwhile your favorite celeb / influencer is wearing reps & or getting for free

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
I blame the rise in "Fakes" on the sneaker industry's over reliance on limited runs, the "Drop" business model, and low quality manufacturing to maximize profits. Anyone who thinks they can spot replica sneakers out in the wild are delusional. There's been way too many videos on youtube over the past 5-10 years proving that unless you have the originals next to it, you can't identify a fake. With the low quality of materials used for authentic Nikes and Adidas, the "You get what you pay for" advice doesn't even apply.

Last edited:

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I blame the rise in "Fakes" on the sneaker industry's over reliance on limited runs, the "Drop" business model, and low quality manufacturing to maximize profits. Anyone who thinks they can spot replica sneakers out in the wild are delusional. There's been way too many videos on youtube over the past 5-10 years proving that unless you have the originals next to it, you can't identify a fake. With the low quality of materials used for authentic Nikes and Adidas, the "You get what you pay for" advice doesn't even apply.

Have you taken the Coliversity Expert Fugazi Spotter course? The video creators obviously have not :mjlol:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
You are exposing yourself for your lack of knowledge of modern fashion when you don’t know that Balenciaga Tracks are fukking Made in China.
Thats one piece out of hundreds. You said all/most of balenciaga products. You were very wrong.

Versace, LV, Prada and Dior are made in Italy. But that often doesn’t mean shyt because many factories in Italy have migrant Asian workers working in sweatshop conditions making the shyt.
Defeats the “they come from same factory” argument.

Why do nikkas like you give so much juice to Eurocac designers and hypebeast Nike shyt that cacs say is hot?:childplease: Y’all worship anything sprinkled with hypebeast fairy dust.
Its the topic at hand that we are discussing.

Most of these hyped up Nikes with high resale value are ugly and unwearable and the shoe end up wearing you because of their perceived hype. You look hella dumb wearing “Chunky Dunky’s” as a grown ass man with a receding hairline and big ass gut.:umad:
I rarely wear nikes and im extremely fit so none of this applies to me, maybe you are projecting :ld:

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
Don’t know bout that breh. Took my kid shopping for school and saw an overwhelming amount of women buying their kids designer shoes in Canal place. We were in there looking for comme des garçon chucks.

Y’all saying the same thing.

You posted pics of cacs wearing certain sneakers who are not into them like brehs are.
Cac skateboarders were very much into jordan 1s in the 80s

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
:mjlol: these threads always do numbers, brehs in here 35 to 40+ years old arguing over the authenticity of sneakers
If you 35 you in a whole new generation of middle aged nikka.Cats my age got dreads travel and fyck hoes.You probably married or flabby

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
It’s not about being broke….people don’t want to pay 400 for a shoe that retails for 180
:russ:....it is about being broke....you can get a bot, join a cook group or find someone that runs slots....there are always alternatives to getting shoes for retail and a little bit on top than having to go the resale route....but at the end of the day if you choose to drop $100+ on replicas that is your decision....:manny:....

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No one can tell me cacs obsessed over sneakers the same way we did..they certainly werent getting their Jordan 1's taken off their feet let alone shot and killed for them. :comeon:
Are breh's memories so short they cant remember the 80s into the 90s Jordan and Nike craze..:damn:

Cacs were not into sneakers heavy like us..their culture hadnt caught on and they mostly came to the game late as they do with most things :mjlol:

Also, compare sneaker advertising from the 90s into the early 2000's magazine era. New sneakers were all over rap and rnb magazines, and hardly any in those grunge and rock cac magazines. Compare Black malls to suburban ones and the sort of product they stored.
:usure:
You think Jordans were just doing numbers because of us?
White folks had more disposable income than us and were able to buy there kids those very expensive Jordans every year.

GetSomeMoney

All Star
Supporter
Daps
If you 35 you in a whole new generation of middle aged nikka.Cats my age got dreads travel and fyck hoes.You probably married or flabby
Breh I don't know how old you are but most of the brehs on the Coli are in their 30s+. Worrying about sneakers or the "authenticity" of another breh's fashion is corny.