Why counterfeit sneakers are booming

wordsbymj

aka percy miracles
Daps

• Most Balenciaga products are made in Italy

one thing I notice with you knock off reppers is you try to pin point on certain little things. What about Versace? Gucci? LV? Where are they made?

I don’t mean to burst your bubble breh, because I’m enjoying this overall conversation, but I have family who work with brands like Balenciaga and LV (not retail, corporate) and there are many products that say “Made in Italy” but say that because the final construction happens in Italy, with the majority of the production happening on China or elsewhere.

So sewing a Made in Italy tab on the inside and attaching the strap to a bag that was mostly made in China legally can count as “Made in Italy”

That’s not some guesswork BS on my side. It’s straight from the source.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:russ:.....son you weren't around in the 80's so please don't speak about shyt you don't know about... J's were and have been a status symbol....it wasn't just heavy metal artist....skaters rocked them as well heavily....white boys were into Jordan's and it wasn't just 1's....you kids who got into J's in the 2000's don't have a clue....

The culture goes back to "my Adidas!!"

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
The funny thing is that the “real” and “fake” shoes are likely coming from the same factory. Humans validate things that they like and don’t like. Might as well pay $100 for a shoe that cost $20 to make as opposed to resale prices.

People brag about spending bloated retail and resale prices for clothing and shoes is hilarious. Most people want what others have. If a celeb started rocking fakes I bet nikkas would do the same.
There was always high grade fakes that were know as factory variants. They are more accessible today.

However if you are buying shoes for performance not fashion. I wouldn't go with fakes.
Damn I must be outta touch cuz when did nikkas start bragging about rocking fakes?
:wtf:

That’s some shyt you gotta keep to yourself. I know damn well y’all ain’t telling people that irl
:heh:
When the high quality variants became common. Hell today there's even people hand making replicas with better materials advertising online. These guys shoes would also be considered fakes.

Compared those 2 scenarios with the low quality. Unauthorized colorways and designs of back in the day.

Today I can buy a fake hand made Jordan one with better lethers. Brehs back in the day were buying dub zeros with clear toes and sponge Bob all over print type shyt. There is no comparison.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

• Most Balenciaga products are made in Italy

one thing I notice with you knock off reppers is you try to pin point on certain little things. What about Versace? Gucci? LV? Where are they made?
I don’t wear knock offs. You are exposing yourself for your lack of knowledge of modern fashion when you don’t know that Balenciaga Tracks are fukking Made in China. :camby:Versace, LV, Prada and Dior are made in Italy. But that often doesn’t mean shyt because many factories in Italy have migrant Asian workers working in sweatshop conditions making the shyt. Why do nikkas like you give so much juice to Eurocac designers and hypebeast Nike shyt that cacs say is hot?:childplease: Y’all worship anything sprinkled with hypebeast fairy dust. I don’t wear “reps” because all of these hyped up Nikes are only hyped up by nondressing cacs who weren’t even wearing sneakers 5 years ago. Most of these hyped up Nikes with high resale value are ugly and unwearable and the shoe end up wearing you because of their perceived hype. You look hella dumb wearing “Chunky Dunky’s” as a grown ass man with a receding hairline and big ass gut.:umad:

Peauxboy

All Star
Daps
The culture goes back to "my Adidas!!"
Absolutely.

Difference is, they’d get one pair and wear them until they were talking.

We were getting three or more pair yearly, keeping them all clean as we could.

Present day, waaaaaayyyy more of them are now doing what we did in the 80’s. Which is all @3rdWorld was saying.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Absolutely.

Difference is, they’d get one pair and wear them until they were talking.

We were getting three or more pair yearly, keeping them all clean as we could.

Present day, waaaaaayyyy more of them are now doing what we did in the 80’s. Which is all @3rdWorld was saying.

So this is a status thing.. Who had more than the next person.

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
Quality Control of Nike recent releases these past years have been garbage.

Bots have changed the game.

I missed the days where you had to wait in line to get a pair. First come, first serve. It was square.

Raffles are garbage.

Whites have always been into Nike and Jordans. This is nothing knew.

I would invest energy and find out who are using these bots.

AQz

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Quality went up, bots and resellers grabbing everything and people are broke...

Don't need the video
Exactly. Didn’t and won’t watch video. It’s obvious.

vino

Superstar
Daps
“Educational Purposes Only”

Last edited: