Why counterfeit sneakers are booming

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
Don’t know bout that breh. Took my kid shopping for school and saw an overwhelming amount of women buying their kids designer shoes in Canal place. We were in there looking for comme des garçon chucks.

Y’all saying the same thing.

You posted pics of cacs wearing certain sneakers who are not into them like brehs are.
nikka what???....:what:...cacs were heavily into them....you sure you comprehending this?....

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
The fukk you talking about??....cacs were rocking Jordan 1's heavily in the 80's.....you must be young....
dave-mustaine-air-jordan-1-chicago-1987.jpg

megadeth-dave-mustaine-air-jordan-1-roya.jpg

images

Txbf-GjuU-R9VlLh7XnL3oRA0V3LlCgKCvM1mFULUtA.jpg
....Jordan 1's were also rocked heavily by skaters back in the day....

Those aren't your average cacs :comeon:

It seemed to me cacs wore sneakers for functionality, not high street fashion..

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Like I said, yall dont apply this bootleg ideology to any other aspect in life. Just clothes, which others can see. Which makes yall points as fugazi as the shyt you got on
What other aspect of life do you think I'm not applying this ideology. You think I'm throwing my money down the drain on a high end vehicle over the cheaper model that lasts longer and is cheaper to upkeep?

Technology. You think I'm gonna get REAL CABLE for $150 a month when I can get a high end IPTV joint for $8 that's 90% as reliable. Where am I not trying to buy low
:patrice:

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
Those aren't your average cacs :comeon:

It seemed to me cacs wore sneakers for functionality, not high street fashion..
But but but those aren't your average cacs.... :dead: ...nikka if they were rocking them what you think the other cacs were rocking???....were you even around in the 80's???...like I said skaters rocked Jordan 1's heavily and so did cacs into heavy metal....

Peauxboy

All Star
Daps
nikka what???....:what:...cacs were heavily into them....you sure you comprehending this?....

I’m comprehending.

I know what @3rdWorld speaking on. You’re the one who brought up punk rockers and Jordan 1’s. I understood he was speaking on average and not a niche group of white folks.

I was in junior high with two white boys who wore j’s and/or animals like the rest of us, but they weren’t the rule.

Amongst the whites where I was, Nelly was their introduction to sneakers and best believe they beat them bytches, much like this “trend” (it ain’t, it’s their nature) you see now.

lib123

All Star
Daps
Yeah unless you’re a collector buying real Jordan’s and Nikes in 2023 is for idiots.

Houseofhighlights posted one of the dudes that mop up sweat on nba courts wearing Dior I’s them shyts was obviously reps they go for 20 bands :dead:

Lmao I missed that, can you share link?

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
I’m comprehending.

I know what @3rdWorld speaking on. You’re the one who brought up punk rockers and Jordan 1’s. I understood he was speaking on average and not a niche group of white folks.

I was in junior high with two white boys who wore j’s and/or animals like the rest of us, but they weren’t the rule.

Amongst the whites where I was, Nelly was their introduction to sneakers and best believe they beat them bytches, much like this “trend” (it ain’t, it’s their nature) you see now.
:russ:.....son you weren't around in the 80's so please don't speak about shyt you don't know about... J's were and have been a status symbol....it wasn't just heavy metal artist....skaters rocked them as well heavily....white boys were into Jordan's and it wasn't just 1's....you kids who got into J's in the 2000's don't have a clue....

Giselle

Daps
The vast majority of people in real life can't tell the difference between real sneakers and high-quality fakes, and the majority doesn't really care. It's only a thing if you care about impressing hardcore sneaker nerds.
They clearly want to impress someone if they’re buying fake name brand things

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont do fakes. No disrepect to ya. But i either miss out or cop at retail or at a reasonable re-sell value, if i care enough.

And when it comes to luxury shyt like burberry or louis i get it from the source but usually never where the brand is printer all over. I get the fly shyt that i like and real fashion heads know becuase of the fit, material and cut.

Never dug being a walking commercial.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
I’m comprehending.

No one can tell me cacs obsessed over sneakers the same way we did..they certainly werent getting their Jordan 1's taken off their feet let alone shot and killed for them. :comeon:
Are breh's memories so short they cant remember the 80s into the 90s Jordan and Nike craze..:damn:

Cacs were not into sneakers heavy like us..their culture hadnt caught on and they mostly came to the game late as they do with most things :mjlol:

Also, compare sneaker advertising from the 90s into the early 2000's magazine era. New sneakers were all over rap and rnb magazines, and hardly any in those grunge and rock cac magazines. Compare Black malls to suburban ones and the sort of product they stored.

Duke Wy Lin

It's been a good run. Wish y'all the best ✊🏿
Daps
Like I said, yall dont apply this bootleg ideology to any other aspect in life. Just clothes, which others can see. Which makes yall points as fugazi as the shyt you got on

But cars and electronic are complex technologies that are not easy to replicate. Buying fugazi cars could cost you your life. Shoes are much easier to replicate because they are less complex.