Why Are Waves So Special In The Black Community?

MikeBrownsJob

Seattle fan since 2013 *deal with it slime*
Daps
Reppin
Seattle We Run You Nyggas Ask Russel Wilson
Nappy hair dudes have a easier time maintaining them then dudes with curly or Straight hair

I'm so confused. I'm anti-waves because I am anti-negro fads but I hadn't put gel or that wave sh%t in my hair since I was like 11. I brush maybe twice a week. After every cut my sh$t is spinning. *my pops used to rub almond milk on my scalp as a baby tho*...Not like them phaggots who carry around a brush and wear wave caps like they 14. It's just the way most of our hair goes.

@SouthernBelle

:umad:

Last edited by a moderator:

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps
This is inaccurate.nikkas wit nappy coarse hair have a way harder time gettin waves like a nikka who has curly hair

exactly these nikkas dont know wtf they are talking about.

there basically saying kevin durant will have a better chance of getting waves then melo or :dwillhuh:

kevin-durant-nappy-hair.png

carmelo-anthony-haircut.jpg

usabasketballseniornationalteamtrainingxdpweywrsxpl.jpg

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
But if black people are the only type of people who can get waves.....:blink:

How is that self hate?

See my last post I quoted you. I didn't call it self hate. I said a hate of naps or stereotypical "African" feature. My post did NOT say black men hate themselves. I said the concept of good hair is about "hating naps."

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
Larry_Merchant_S_HBO.jpg

Well folks, we've got a black hair thread here on a Saturday afternoon in The-Coli and it's sure to be a barn-burner.

Expect this thread to go somewhere between way too long and enough already. We've got a lot of your favorite superstars on the card but it won't be complete without a debate between @SouthernBelle and a bevy of worthy contenders.

Expect a LOT of quoting and questions pertaining to what statements and quotes were quoted with lots of quotable quotes to boot. Comprehension problems, miscommunication and constant repetition will be afoot in what's sure to be a BORING-ass topic if this one goes the distance, folks.

So get your popcorn... :popcorn:

...be prepared for lots of back-and-forth self-hate debating and tune in to the post-show in the Race Track. This is sure to be a LONG night. :merchant:

X5tCR.gif

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
The OP specifically said that guys tell him he has good hair. So how can you say it is not about good hair when the OP has experienced it?

Good hair is not about imitating white people it is about reject of what is deemed as the most African and nappy hair. Are you denying the historical context of the concept "good hair"?

Yeah the nikka got good hair? Whats wrong with that? Dude keeps his hair nice and tidy.

Yall look way too deep into stuff lol.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
I'm so confused. I'm anti-waves because I am anti-negro fads but I hadn't put gel or that wave sh%t in my hair since I was like 11. I brush maybe twice a week. After every cut my sh$t is spinning. *my pops used to rub almond milk on my scalp as a baby tho*...Not like them phaggots who carry around a brush and wear wave caps like they 14. It's just the way most of our hair goes.

@SouthernBelle

:umad:

Okay. I am officially putting you on ignore again. You are a weirdo and a troll.

MikeBrownsJob

Seattle fan since 2013 *deal with it slime*
Daps
Reppin
Seattle We Run You Nyggas Ask Russel Wilson
The OP specifically said that guys tell him he has good hair. So how can you say it is not about good hair when the OP has experienced it?

Good hair is not about imitating white people it is about reject of what is deemed as the most African and nappy hair. Are you denying the historical context of the concept "good hair"?

You dumb jungle cat :mjpls:, why don't you just ask the OP if he misspoke?

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
Yeah the nikka got good hair? Whats wrong with that? Dude keeps his hair nice and tidy.

Yall look way too deep into stuff lol.

What has the term "good hair" historically meant in regard to African Americans as their hair. It's not looking too deep. It's the truth.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Actually your hair has to have a curl pattern in order to get waves (whether it is loose or tight). The looser the curl pattern, the better the waves look. The tightest of the tightest curl pattern and straight hair will have a very difficult time achieving waves.

Any person talking about "good hair" is referencing non African American looking hair. Are we seriously going to deny that fact?

you need course hair to get waves

i won taper of the year 6 times in a row so i know better than you

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
waves come from our hair being a certain length and being continuously comb and brushed. Its not really up for a good hair debate since waves are damn near natural. When I first grew my Afro in my first attempt to get twist, I decide to cut it and when I did I had waves, no chemicals, just shea oil and olive oil and stocking cap. Never had a problem with my hair, never gave it much thought to be honest. Just would brush it so it would look nice and flat.

Your ability to do that is related to your hair texture. Point blank period. You don't have to believe. Not all black men can get waves like you or as easy as you. When you have free time one day you should really look into the science of hair and hair typing.

Ronald McDonald

Even in the darkest nights, I'm a MAC for life
Daps
You guys do realize that the nappier your hair is, the easier it is to get waves, right? If "good hair" was the key to having waves then white boys would be wavey as fukk...

you and everyone who dapped this post :snoop:

There's a reason why nikkas have to TRAIN their hair for MONTHS just to be able to get waves. The straighter your hair, the easier it is to get waves. nikkas wouldn't be out buying all types of cremes and spending hours per day brushing their hair to keep it down if all you needed was nappy hair to get waves. That's the exact opposite of what you want if you tryna make your shyt wave up.

And white boys dont have waves because they don't want them. The fukk kinda logic is that?

show me white textured waves :skip:

:mjpls:
120nitg.jpg

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
This topic stupid. Nearly as stupid as a article i once read that said black men what cut their hair short are....wait for it....self hating :snoop:

Like gotdamn everything to yall self hating :what:

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
you need course hair to get waves

i won taper of the year 6 times in a row so i know better than you

I know BETTER than YOU. You are talking to someone who has read extensively about hair and black hair since I went natural.

Coarseness actually refers to the size/diameter of the hair shaft NOT the texture. The diameter of the hair shaft does not dictate waves.

Texture dictates curl and wave patterns. Google and google scholar is your friend.