Why Are Waves So Special In The Black Community?

HarlemsOwn

RIP Fresh
Daps
LMAO. People are quoting me and I am responding. Also, I'm done with my school work for the summer so expect more post from me. If you don't want to read, ignore will be your friend.

do ya thing. i aint mad at all. :win:

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
At the end of the day waves are still a black hairstyle. Having a sixpack looks better then just having a flat Stomach. Just like having waves looks better then nappy or straight or even curly hair.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
i agree, good hair is seen as less nappy. what does that have to do with what i said?

I was just looking for someone to admit what "good hair" means and stop try to skirt the question just because it may implicate some black men. My first post was about the concept of "good hair" and negroes came in here on some bs. My first post didn't really even say anything about black men so why were people so offended and afraid to acknowledge the truth (unlike you who did)?

HarlemsOwn

RIP Fresh
Daps
There's no doubt you have a penis.:skip:

zeekeycmon_zpsa70fd131.png

she a fukkin dime and you aint eeeeen know it

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
You guys do realize that the nappier your hair is, the easier it is to get waves, right? If "good hair" was the key to having waves then white boys would be wavey as fukk...

This is inaccurate.nikkas wit nappy coarse hair have a way harder time gettin waves like a nikka who has curly hair

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Whoa now wait a second, you gotta have nappy hair to get some good waves. imo waves just goes to show how well you take care of ya hair. Not everyone can get waves.

Takes a lot of oil, either olive, coconut or almond, brushing and a some nappys at afro length.

all i use is warm water,olive oil, brush and a stocking cap. not like you though, you probably sleep with a durag on. i just gotta lay it down for 30 minutes or so :blessed:

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
Whoa now wait a second, you gotta have nappy hair to get some good waves. imo waves just goes to show how well you take care of ya hair. Not everyone can get waves.

Takes a lot of oil, either olive, coconut or almond, brushing and a some nappys at afro length.

You have to have a curl pattern to get waves. What is considered the most nappy hair will have a more difficult time waving and the waves won't look as good as those with the nappiest hair textures.

Are you denying that "good hair" refers to softer more curl textures of African American hair? Are you denying that the softer more curly (less nappy) textures have an easier time waving?

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
lmao waves has nothing to do with self hate or good hair

Miss me with that self hate ish, black people are the only race of people who can get waves so who we tryna be? who we tryna copy? Nobody

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
This is inaccurate.nikkas wit nappy coarse hair have a way harder time gettin waves like a nikka who has curly hair

Nappy hair dudes have a easier time maintaining them then dudes with curly or Straight hair

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
waves come from our hair being a certain length and being continuously comb and brushed. Its not really up for a good hair debate since waves are damn near natural. When I first grew my Afro in my first attempt to get twist, I decide to cut it and when I did I had waves, no chemicals, just shea oil and olive oil and stocking cap. Never had a problem with my hair, never gave it much thought to be honest. Just would brush it so it would look nice and flat.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
lmao waves has nothing to do with self hate or good hair

Miss me with that self hate ish, black people are the only race of people who can get waves so who we tryna be? who we tryna copy? Nobody

The OP specifically said that guys tell him he has good hair. So how can you say it is not about good hair when the OP has experienced it?

Good hair is not about imitating white people it is about reject of what is deemed as the most African and nappy hair. Are you denying the historical context of the concept "good hair"?

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
Good hair is the key word. Waves signify that you don't have "nappy" "black" hair. It is definitely related to the hate of naps and things related to being black or African.

But if black people are the only type of people who can get waves.....:blink:

How is that self hate?