Why Are Waves So Special In The Black Community?

FLORIDA BOI

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sweety I know what waves are and how they happen. Have are we going to deny that looser curl patterns usually produce better ways and often more easily.

Are we going to deny that "good hair" is in reference to self-hate and dislike of hair that is deemed more "African?"

This isn't a black man issue. This is a black issue. All black women have some sort of curl pattern; however, "good hair" references those who's curl are more visible, bigger, and easily attainable.

Are we in denial people?

Nobody said anything bout black women's hair . I love all y'all nappy headed hoes :skip:

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
tell me how im wrong then :leostare:

The negro can't. People with hair type 3 and 4a will have the best looking waves and those are textures that have historically been associated with "good hair" in the self-hating sense of the word (more so 3 hair types than 4a but 4a does still show a visible curl/wave).

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Have you NEVER heard of the term good hair regard to softer AA hair that curls and waves. This isn't even a black man issue so don't even try to turn it into one. There are just as many black women online trying to find every product to make their NATURAL hair look curly when in reality it will never be curly in the good hair sense. They don't want African looking hair nor do a lot of black men. Let's not be glib.

:laugh: the way you pulled this was slick. like that was ever up for debate.

topic is very deep though and varies from person to person. i do think in some instances it's self hate. some dudes just don't want to have nappy hair at all. in other instances, it's just a hairstyle that ppl like. :ld:

it's funny how there's white boys on youtube trying their best to get waves.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Can someone please tell me what "good hair" has historically meant in regard to men AND women of African descent?

I have what people call good hair does that mean that a person with nappy hair is more black then me?

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
Nobody said anything bout black women's hair . I love all y'all nappy headed hoes :skip:

First of all fukk you for the last comment. Second, I mentioned black women so that the negroes that are in denial will see that I am not trying to turn this in to a man vs woman issue. This is simply a black issue that affects both men and women.

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
Only ever appealed to me once. I was around 11 or 12 and I wanted to see if I could get them.

Few weeks in I was good and then I got bored with it. I like to brush my hair as much as the next person but some people go crazy with that shyt.

Nothing about self-hatred or doing it for any reason other than experimentation with my hair. I couldn't speak on anyone else's reasons. Nowadays, I just cut my hair and keep it moving.

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
You guys do realize that the nappier your hair is, the easier it is to get waves, right? If "good hair" was the key to having waves then white boys would be wavey as fukk...

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
I have what people call good hair does that mean that a person with nappy hair is more black then me?

I am not a geneticist so I have no idea. However, we are in denial if we are going to act like some types of hair (whether they are on a man or a woman) aren't easier to curl and wave. Also we can't deny that those same textures have been historically deemed as "good hair" while textures that are harder to curl or wave because they are "nappier" are deemed a nappy, bad hair.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
You guys do realize that the nappier your hair is, the easier it is to get waves, right? If "good hair" was the key to having waves then white boys would be wavey as fukk...

Your hair has to have an s-curl pattern in order to form a wave.

White people typically have Type 1 or Type 2 hair that does not curl or wave. You can't make something wave if a curl never existed Hair types in the very middle (3- 4a) have an easier time forming visible curls and waves than straight or hair that grows in a Z (nappier textures).

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
Like I said. I participate in hair message boards related to natural black hair. You can google everything I said. So yes please don't quote me again because I am tired of uninformed coli negroes such as yourself who don't know shyt, won't take the time to google shyt, are in denial about shyt, but always want to talk shyt. :rudy:
Whatever you say Kenya, Like I said I'm not going to argue with you, You got it.

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps
That ish just looks good , when I walk in to work wit them 360s on swim nizzas be like damn bru what u got in there that sporting waves lol.. C@cs be like :skip: wow do you cut your hair like that.

:heh: some cac I worked with asked me how did u get your hair like that.

I told him its a black people thing u wouldnt understand :smugfavre:

aint nothing like a fresh cut and the hoes run there hands through your waves without no grease getting on there hands cause my shyt is natrual :smugfavre:

FLORIDA BOI

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:lupe: lololo oooooo there it is you on that , that's a argument for ignorant nizzas , 100% black people have all kinds of hair textures . No matter wat it is we always come out trend setting looking good .

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Because blacks base their worth on stupid shyt ie: waves or "good hair",your lining,shoes,gear,rims and women's looks