Why Are Waves So Special In The Black Community?

RoCKetSity256

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NorthW62d Hat Boys
:ohhh:

img0140ykw.jpg

This isnt a caucasian.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
I agree with anyone who said that waves show that someone takes care of their hair. You don't have to brush every 5 minutes in order to get them, either. I'm a female and the first time I cut my hair, I just washed it and let it go. As it started to grow out, it was looking terrible so I cut it again. Second time I focused more on brushing my hair, typically in the morning or before bed and I slept with a durag and I started getting waves and now that my hair is growing out again, I believe the brushing (training) has helped because my hair just looks better when I choose not to wear a durag.

I haven't had a perm in nearly 3 years so my hair is pretty nappy and it wasn't very difficult for my hair to wave up at all. It's just a matter of taking care of it.

:rudy: Only time I brush my hair is when I take the fitted off and after I get out the shower and my hair has waves

It has nothin to do with taking care of your hair and everything to do with the texture of your hair

Some nikkas need murphys,sportin waves and to brush for 4-5 hours a day and rock doo rags to get waves.Some nikkas have curly hair and have to do none of that

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
Waves are for c00n ass nikkas who wanna look part Cherokee and shyt. fakkit shyt. I ain't never had that dumb ass shyt in my head. fukk I look like walking around brushin my head like a female.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:rudy: Only time I brush my hair is when I take the fitted off and after I get out the shower and my hair has waves

It has nothin to do with taking care of your hair and everything to do with the texture of your hair

Some nikkas need murphys,sportin waves and to brush for 4-5 hours a day and rock doo rags to get waves.Some nikkas have curly hair and have to do none of that

Don't brush your hair and tell me how it looks after a few weeks.

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn I guess I just asked the question of the century cause I fell asleep and just now woke up and this shyt is BOOMIN

151_Pr00f

All Star
Daps
Reppin
In the Clouds
:snoop:

Argument is pointless because people still buy into the "true-negro" construct of what constitutes African phenotype. Indigenous Africans have had a huge variance in the variety of hair textures/curl patterns before the influx of foreign settlement. The case is being made that "good hair" is unanimous with less kinkier built on a constricted fallacy that ignores the huge diversity of African people.

RoCKetSity256

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NorthW62d Hat Boys
Don't brush your hair and tell me how it looks after a few weeks.

Some nikkas hair do naturally lay down you know that right? My hair is the same way I dont have to brush my shyt to get waves I might hit it with murrays or Dax every now and then but I dont even try to make it wave up thats why I only get them in back of my head and the crown. If i did "train" my hair I could get them all around but its too conceited to walk around with a brush 24/7. nikkas in prison got them crazy patterns with toothbrushes and state soap lol that shyt serious to them nikkas though.

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
back in the day my shyts used to be spinnin like crazy...i dont even brush like I used to and you could still see em but they not as defined as they used to be....i really want to say f it and get dreads but then id look like the rest of these dudes in north and central jersey

MoeDollaZ$

Well Damn!
Daps
i do it cuz i have a dry scalp(dandruff) and this wave shyt helps me keep it clean and manageable plus the bytches love it