Why Are Waves So Special In The Black Community?

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Are YOU white? :childplease:

Read past page 2 there's more than enough evidence in this thread to support that post.

Can't believe how many smart dumb nikkas inhabit this place :mindblown:

I don't kno what u are. U sound like a white person. No black person would say some bullshyt like its hard for black people to get waves. Its not hard for black folks to get waves

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
my brother used to say i'm "naturally wavy" and could get waves easily.. my hair nappy as fukk though :dwillhuh:.. i just stick with a mini fro, i aint got time for all that brushing.

Ronald McDonald

Even in the darkest nights, I'm a MAC for life
Daps
I don't kno what u are. U sound like a white person. No black person would say some bullshyt like its hard for black people to get waves. Its not hard for black folks to get waves

:childplease:

nikka u think i give a fukk bout what u think i am? :leostare:

Plus, I never said it was hard. I said it was harder

lol @ being white being an insult tho

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
That is a dumb response. Black men and women have the same variety of hair texture. I am natural. I have read extensively about black hair texture and hair in general. I know MORE than YOU through experience and taking the time to be well read on the subject of BLACK HAIR!

I DO have WAVES and a kinky/curly hair texture. My hair does things that my friends which their could but guess what? They can't do it as easily and the styles do not look the same.I have taken care of black boy/girl (I have more than 10 nieces and nephews with a variety of textures and curl patterns) and men/women hair (I used to braid hair in high school and to this day I style natural haired women). Negro...not all hair can achieve the same styles as easily as others. Go read a damn book about the science of hair and black hair THEN come back and have a conversation with me.

The fukk do i need to read a book about science when im a black man with waves lol...are u a black man with waves....NO

153mx69.jpg

Shorty u cant tell me nothing :laugh:

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
i thought in order to get waves u had to have nappy hair tho? :patrice:

Hmm this argument has always confused me. :huh:

that's a deep statement ................. dont' ask me how :youngsabo:

waves are cool......I was one of those folks that thought waves were a form of self - hate ....... now I think its just a style that black folks are capable of pulling off ........... I wonder has any body done a study on the effects of waves in hair??

AgentGrey

MeVsYou
Daps
mines not nappy and its got waves :blessed:

Co Sign, this Bi-Racial blessing keeps me winning :blessed:

I look at my cousins on the latino side and :russ: @ them cac 'styles' they get, and :wow: @ my black cousins that are balding in their late 20s :weirdo:

DarlingNikki

lil baby
Daps
Reppin
Puerta Medusa.
Let me tell my personal story.

I have pretty decent hair and by this i mean its soft and easy to work with. I get curls but when growing a afro . The roots get curly and the rest stick straight out it just looks dumb ass fukk . @DarlingNikki knows this struggle :sadbron:

When i first cut my hair and rocked a low cut it took about 3 hair cuts (3 weeks i went weekly) to have nice waves.

When i first got my hair cut i didnt know how to bush it and use to brush my hair straight back :deadrose:

So i had waves just in the back of my head :heh: just after a week.

Then my barber taught me and i was swimming :whew:

:to:

Twisting my hair around my finger to make the ends match <<<<<

Last edited by a moderator:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Co Sign, this Bi-Racial blessing keeps me winning :blessed:

I look at my cousins on the latino side and :russ: @ them cac 'styles' they get, and :wow: @ my black cousins that are balding in their late 20s :weirdo:

:alright: alright now

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
The fukk do i need to read a book about science when im a black man with waves lol...are u a black man with waves....NO

153mx69.jpg

Shorty u cant tell me nothing :laugh:

I can tell that you the type of person who thinks their experience translates to everyone'e else. I can also tell you are the type of person who doesn't get the fact afro textured hair is hair textured hair whether it is on a man or woman. I can tell that you are probably mentally stunted because you are too stubborn to learn. I can also tell that despite all of that you are cute :steviej: