Why Are Waves So Special In The Black Community?

DerrtySouthpaw

Gawdisbyke
Daps
Reppin
404 to 205
lol i remember back in high school nikkas used to always have they brush out during class. teacher would be like :mjpls: put that shyt up. id come to school with that damn durag imprint on my head for trying to keep em up. good times tho i wouldnt trade em for my locs tho

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
always maintained some type of fro....even when i did try to get them they where all over the place, never could get them to spin.....

no clue folks where still checking for them tho..

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
y'all need to start calling them just "360's" exclusively instead of "waves," because technically its not wavy. That 360 look is something unique to black people though so imo y'all should roll with that.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
I haven't read this thread yet but it's got a lot of replies. Should I read it? :lupe:

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
proxy.jpg

:skip:

:laff:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Sweety I know what waves are and how they happen. Have are we going to deny that looser curl patterns usually produce better ways and often more easily.

Are we going to deny that "good hair" is in reference to self-hate and dislike of hair that is deemed more "African?"

This isn't a black man issue. This is a black issue. All black women have some sort of curl pattern; however, "good hair" references those who's curl are more visible, bigger, and easily attainable.

Are we in denial people?

what the fukk are you talking about? :what:

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
what the fukk are you talking about? :what:

Dude there are a bunch of my posts in this thread. I elaborated enough especially regarding that point that I wasn't just trying to target/attack just black men in regard to the history behind good hair. If you can't comprehend it or are too slow to comprehend it oh well, but I am done with this thread though.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Whoa now wait a second, you gotta have nappy hair to get some good waves. imo waves just goes to show how well you take care of ya hair. Not everyone can get waves.

Takes a lot of oil, either olive, coconut or almond, brushing and a some nappys at afro length.

I don't think ol' girl knows what waves are, lol. She talking about self-hate, good hair, women hair, and all types of other shyt, lol.

To get waves, all a dude need is

kevin-durant-nappy-hair.png

+

13993568.jpg

+

12c5_1_13293_1.JPG

but fukk waves....I'm on that...

kendrick-lamar-x-leveled-magazine-by-ben-miller-1.jpg

usher-haircut.jpg

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
I don't think ol' girl knows what waves are, lol. She talking about self-hate, good hair, women hair, and all types of other shyt, lol.

To get waves, all a dude need is

kevin-durant-nappy-hair.png

+

13993568.jpg

+

12c5_1_13293_1.JPG

but fukk waves....I'm on that...

kendrick-lamar-x-leveled-magazine-by-ben-miller-1.jpg

usher-haircut.jpg

The OP specifically mentions good hair and self hate. It was specifically in the OP. I didn't bring those words up out of no where. I addressed the OP. Did you even read it because that is what the OP asked about? I wonder about coli men.

kdub83

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bloom
Yall do know they had wavy hair all the way back to Ancient Kemet right?

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
:snoop: I never said they did, they help develop them though.

A lot of natural products non petroleum based products can help you get waves. I used to 360 wave when I was on it with olive oil and unrefined shea butter from Africa. There is a science to getting waves and products are not the foundation of getting them :jawalrus:

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
them shyts just look nice better than just havin straight flat hair. the curlier (nappy) your hair the more your waves will pop

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps
A lot of natural products non petroleum based products can help you get waves. I used to 360 wave when I was on it with olive oil and unrefined shea butter from Africa. There is a science to getting waves and products are not the foundation of getting them :jawalrus:

I been using olive creme and I just found out about shea butter :leon:

that shyt is a gift from god :wow: