Why are there non crackhead homeless people still on the street after 5+ years?

Duke Wy Lin

It's been a good run. Wish y'all the best ✊🏿
Daps
or maybe they’re no different than any of us. there’s a certain solace in thinking the homeless are comprised of people suffering from disability or mental illness, but the sad and frightening truth is that a good number of them are simply the victims of a predatory system of capitalism.

we’re all one unforseen circumstance from joining them.

:francis:

It's a fact that most long term homeless ppl are mentally ill though. However, it's true that many ppl are one paycheck away from things spiraling out of control for them.

Lack of community/support system also plays a major role.

Mystic

All Star
Bushed
Daps
rent too high

you supposed to make 3x your rent to get approved

the majority of america despite what our users being 97% six cert six figure will tell you isn't even making more than 40k
Yeah but 5+ years and you can't come up with 3X your rent?

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah but 5+ years and you can't come up with 3X your rent?
they look at your taxes and paystubs so you can save whatever you want that's not gonna get you a lease if you not making enough income currently for the landlords to let you rent.

people can have roommates, but how many people signing up to be roommates with a person who lived on the streets for years? probably not a lot.

this is why housing should be a human right, not a commodity.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
I get that but when you homeless that money can stack minus food money and the occasional hotel/gym for a bath so eventually that minimum wage will build up enough to have 6+ months of rent so if you on the streets for 10+ years and you not mentally handicapped there's no excuse IMO

Anytime some one is homeless on the street for 5+ years that would suggest a mental handicap no?

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Homelessness is a Healthcare issue which is why housing alone isn't a solution to this problem. We don't even have a true count of the homeless population because it doesn't account for the invisible homeless, people who are living from pillar to post or "couch surfing".

If you've ever lived in low income Black communities you might have a better idea of how bad the situation on the ground truly is. It's also why the "no one gives a fukk about Black men" narrative rubs me the wrong way. I've known countless brothers over the years who would have been on the street for real were it not for Black women in the community housing them.

:francis:

Blown Moon

All Star
Daps
shyt I'm trying to find a place and I make well over the household average but because of an eviction and voluntary repo years ago I'm getting rejected left and right. I can only image the struggle a homeless person has. :wow:

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Wipe your mouth, the homeless don't know you

Some of them do, ain't never mind buying one of the local bros a lil lunch or something, you fukking loser. Literally worked downtown on the circle amongst all the homeless people when I went to go smoke and while annoying, a lot of them absolutely still have my sympathy.

I hope you never fall into a desperate situation considering a majority of Americans are one paycheck away from being homeless. Hope you never have a medical emergency

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
And there are so many homeless Black people in America right now its sad. :(

12.7 - 14% of America's population yet make up 44% of America's homeless population.

:(
Thought you were mistaken. Just verified. Unbelievable.

Mystic

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Some of them do, ain't never mind buying one of the local bros a lil lunch or something, you fukking loser. Literally worked downtown on the circle amongst all the homeless people when I went to go smoke and while annoying, a lot of them absolutely still have my sympathy.

I hope you never fall into a desperate situation considering a majority of Americans are one paycheck away from being homeless. Hope you never have a medical emergency
Watch your tone God bless stay safe and blessed. Also I never said they don't got my sympathy