Why are there non crackhead homeless people still on the street after 5+ years?

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
You're insinuating that I don't give a damn about the homeless
I'm insinuating that you wanted a thread full of people to agree with your opinion on why some of them are homeless after your arbitrary time period and are not open to the idea that your opinion is based in judgment instead of reality.

Mystic

All Star
Bushed
Daps
I'm insinuating that you wanted a thread full of people to agree with your opinion on why some of them are homeless after your arbitrary time period and are not open to the idea that your opinion is based in judgment instead of reality.
Being homeless for 10 years and never having a steady job is indeed being lazy there's no way around that....

Also I dont look for acceptance from anybody but YAHWAY

Also I been homeless before for years so I unlike alot of y'all have experience of this subject but whatever YAHWEH is king God bless you and your family

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Being homeless for 10 years and never having a steady job is indeed being lazy there's no way around that....

Also I dont look for acceptance from anybody but YAHWAY

Also I been homeless before for years so I unlike alot of y'all have experience of this subject but whatever YAHWEH is king God bless you and your family
No

Mystic

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Ok stay ignorant but that's not my problem I'm solution based I'm not on that no type of time. If you not trying to actively change the world then there's no point in even trying to get through to you. Again YAHWEH is king God bless you and your family

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
In NYC the men's only homeless shelters aren't safe, its safer to spend a night on the E train rather than in an homeless shelter.

Finding a job that pays a livable wage when you have no skills is very difficult.

Rural Midwest is always an option

Guess they rather be destitute in NYC or LA, instead of having a stable job with their own apartment in Kansas

Daps
Reppin
NULL
OP dead wrong, it’s much harder for non-alcoholic/drug addicts to get off the streets when homeless. Alcoholics/addicts have excellent social programs. You can sign up for Medicaid, go to rehab for 28 days courtesy of the state, go to a halfway house rent free for six months, get an entry level electrician helper job through the program and be in an Oxford house after the six months at the halfway are up. Not downplaying addiction or alcoholism though. I’m 7 years sober and alcoholism/addiction is a leading cause of death for a reason. You could never understand unless you been through it.

Non-addicts, non-alcoholics, sane people have zero safety net. This forum is hella out of touch with reality. Inflation is killing most people’s pockets. Most jobs are paying $15 an hour in a state or city where the true minimum living wage is like $90k a year... without any health crisis, episodes of burnout, any real debt etc.

And a huge percentage of jobs that do pay a living wage expect you to work 60-70+ hours a week, six days a week and you are still reminded how replaceable you are. Nobody wants to live like that, we are forced to here in America. That’s why everybody losing their shyt nowadays because people fed up playing this game rigged against them where they slave their life away making oligarchs richer.

Ethnic Cleansing

Fucc Slobks and Crabks
Daps
Let's say you're homeless and have no money. How exactly are you going to get off the street, whether in one year or five? You don't have a phone. You don't have a mailing address. You don't have a driver's license. What jobs are you getting in America without at least one of those? Someone is going to list some back breaking work like washing dishes at a diner. Even if we pretend that's possible without a phone number for the employer to call...how are you getting off the street while making sub minimum wage at a diner? Let's say you do all the things smart dumb people say you can do to make due...like getting a gym membership to take showers. How are you eating? Fast food likely which is a money sink. What happens when we have a massive winter storm like right now? Where do you go? Shelters become full, not everyone can get in.

Even if everything goes your way and you magically save money, how do you get a place when the tenant asks for a record of your previous home and sees you make below poverty level wages?
There's General Relief (Food Stamps & Cash Aid) Certain states even allow food stamps to be used at Fast Food Chains & Independent Restaurants.

Free Obama phones have been a thing for 10+ years. A gym membership ($10/month at planet fitness) and a mailbox could be had for under $20/month.

I have no dog in this fight :hubie:

But some of you guys reality of what accessible to homeless people is warped