Why are there non crackhead homeless people still on the street after 5+ years?

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
There's General Relief (Food Stamps & Cash Aid) Certain states even allow food stamps to be used at Fast Food Chains & Independent Restaurants.

Free Obama phones have been a thing for 10+ years. A gym membership ($10/month at planet fitness) and a mailbox could be had for under $20/month.

I have no dog in this fight :hubie:

But some of you guys reality of what accessible to homeless people is warped
All of those require addresses.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How do people family let them go homeless? I dont understand this.
No family or their families aint shyt. So when those people dig a deep hole its hard for them to get the type of help they need from the friends they do have. I knew a friend that got himself in to deep debt and when his close fam helped out he passed that debt on to them and ducked they calls.

I cant picture myself going in my emergency fund to bail out someone. I try to stay away from wreckless friends but the pandemic showed that 2 months unpaid will fukk u up

Daps
Homelessness is a choice for the simple fact you can rent a room with shared housing with minimum wage cheap and just stack your paper. People don’t want to live in a shared environment with strangers which is a choice, but when you have no/bad credit, that’s the only quick option if your family not fukking with you/no friend want to give you a room. I was voluntarily homeless for a good minute after I got scammed in a room I was renting. Told myself never signing up for that again. A lot of people waiting on that section 8 to come thru

Mystic

All Star
Bushed
Daps
There's General Relief (Food Stamps & Cash Aid) Certain states even allow food stamps to be used at Fast Food Chains & Independent Restaurants.

Free Obama phones have been a thing for 10+ years. A gym membership ($10/month at planet fitness) and a mailbox could be had for under $20/month.

I have no dog in this fight :hubie:

But some of you guys reality of what accessible to homeless people is warped
facto

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm sure it's hard to get a job if you don't have a home address.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
How do people family let them go homeless? I dont understand this.

Depends.

Some people don't have any family. Other people don't get along with their family or their family already kicked them out or they don't get along. Some people are just straight up too proud to go ask their family for help.

Traveler

All Star
Daps
A lot of people fukked over their friends and families. People get tired of being used. Plus if they don't want to work hard and feel the world owes them something for existing, they sit and wait for the next handout. Most homelessness I see in Hawaii is drug, alcohol, or mental health releated. Although I do see some where people had a bad run of luck in an extreamly high cost of living area. Those people you can and should help. The addicts and mental health people will most likely never be right. Need to make those wards of the state to get them off the street and into adaquate care.

Sleepy Floyd

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
They probably just gave up.

When I got out of prison I was homeless in the dead of winter in Milwaukee

I had a job within two weeks and an efficiency apartment a few weeks after that. And that's with a felony and a huge gap in my job history.

I was sleeping in homeless shelters, Parking ramps or in the hall of whatever apartment building had the front door unlocked
Just an add-on here. I got EXTREMELY lucky finding a landlord who was nice enough to let me rent, 99% of apartments don't rent to felons