Why are there non crackhead homeless people still on the street after 5+ years?

Wink Beaufield

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Southeast DC
Most jobs don’t pay a livable wage. Even the “cheapest” rent prices in this country are meant for people making at least 80k on paper. The overwhelming majority of people in this country are functionally homeless.

Either grandathered into a house or structured lease that allows them to either pay no rent or very little. They don’t feel the fire like most so they think shyt is sweet and throw stones from their glass house,

Guarantee that if majority of “middle class” liberals lost their home they would be homeless eventually after burning through their savings on rent/other necessities.
Covid already exposed a lot of folks to this with them layoffs. Also if you want to see "liberal homelessness" then peep the van life movement.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some people are just like fukk the rat race or have a deep trauma that they just cant function in society. I dont remember the stats but a lot of foster kids end up homeless because they have no family or support system. My heart really drops when i see any sane homeless person because theres a real story behind that situation that could happen to many of us. Would be interesting to read something from the POV of a homeless person

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I get why the crackheads are 10 years on the street because the crack or whatever removed their mental capacity to have a job and not smoke crack on the job/leave the job for whatever reason/etc but I'm talking about the sane ones, the ones no different than you and me it's just they are homeless. They may do some drugs but they are mentally sane just like the white guys who work for big companies that snort coke here and there how are they on the street after 10+ years or close to it? :hhh: Like you can't be sooo lazy you'd rather be sleeping on the street then on a nice bed :childplease::sitdown::why::beli::what::martin::comeon:
Such a crazy simplification of Homelessness.

As someone who was homeless it wasn't like that. I was homeless in NYC with two college degrees.
Everywhere I would go to find work wouldn't hire me. Thats why I ended up homeless. The racism and hiring discrimination was insane.

Can't find a job? Can't make money.
Can't make money? Can't pay rent.
Can't pay rent? Find yourself homeless.

And the number of Black homeless is growing in America.

But I understand...people would rather view the homeless as drug addicts and mentally ill. Not as people society gave up on.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
When I was a hardcore alcoholic I hung out with some homeless fellow drunks. This was in DC. It's hard out there for them. It's hard to get a job when you have no address or such a large gap in work history. Plus, they were drinking all day. It's hard to get out of that hole without some help, and a lot of people don't have that help.

People don't understand the bolded.
Its so hard to find work when you dont have an address to put on a resume or job application. Or when you have gaps in your resume. As finding jobs as a Black Man is difficult enough...we the LAST people these fukks wanna hire.

Plus it's hard to hold down a job when you don't have a permanent address and you're stressing over where you're going to sleep that night and put your stuff.

I still suffer from PTSD i got from my time being homeless.

Daps
Most are ex military with a disability or terrible metal illness
or maybe they’re no different than any of us. there’s a certain solace in thinking the homeless are comprised of people suffering from disability or mental illness, but the sad and frightening truth is that a good number of them are simply the victims of a predatory system of capitalism.

we’re all one unforseen circumstance from joining them.

:francis:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
why does a community of black people always create threads that mock the economic misfortune of others?

And there are so many homeless Black people in America right now its sad. :(

12.7 - 14% of America's population yet make up 44% of America's homeless population.

:(

Mystic

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Such a crazy simplification of Homelessness.

As someone who was homeless it wasn't like that. I was homeless in NYC with two college degrees.
Everywhere I would go to find work wouldn't hire me. Thats why I ended up homeless. The racism and hiring discrimination was insane.

Can't find a job? Can't make money.
Can't make money? Can't pay rent.
Can't pay rent? Find yourself homeless.

And the number of Black homeless is growing in America.

But I understand...people would rather view the homeless as drug addicts and mentally ill. Not as people society gave up on.
Where did i say i view them as drug addicts or mentally ill when I literally said and I quote "I'm talking about the sane ones, the ones no different than you and me it's just they are homeless. They may do some drugs but they are mentally sane just like the white guys who work for big companies that snort coke here and there"

And I doubt you were homeless for 5+ years. You can't tell me in 5 years NO job wants to hire you legally or under the table :comeon: And for the record I don't judge nobody

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
why does a community of black people always create threads that mock the economic misfortune of others?

Its always been like that. Cats here think that you dont deserve basic necessities or basic human needs if you are not a STEM major.

Coli Elitism needs to be slapped in the face and shamed as bad as the MAGA movement.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Where did i say i view them as drug addicts or mentally ill when I literally said and I quote "I'm talking about the sane ones, the ones no different than you and me it's just they are homeless. They may do some drugs but they are mentally sane just like the white guys who work for big companies that snort coke here and there"

And I doubt you were homeless for 5+ years. You can't tell me in 5 years NO job wants to hire you legally or under the table :comeon: And for the record I don't judge nobody
I was only homeless for 8 months in 2015.
It gave me the motivation to get off my ass and get a job. And I landed an accounts analyst position with Aflac on wall street due to my grind. It was some real shyt.
:wow:
It actually made me never take anything for granted ever again. Cause life can do a kickflip on you and you can be out on yo ass.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
They probably just gave up.

When I got out of prison I was homeless in the dead of winter in Milwaukee

I had a job within two weeks and an efficiency apartment a few weeks after that. And that's with a felony and a huge gap in my job history.

I was sleeping in homeless shelters, Parking ramps or in the hall of whatever apartment building had the front door unlocked
What spot you liked the most or I should say what was the relatively best spot to sleep at if you homeless