Why are AA's the only ones who claim to be indigenous to their country?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I'd love to hear the methodology they used to come up wit that chart bruh ...I guess all the islands not big/popular enough to be designated their own tribe gets grouped under the generic "west indians" ...to bad so sad T&T

hilarious.
Bad enough that Tobago is usually not even mentioned. Tobago is like Tito Jackson. Tobago is like Sandra Huxtable.Tobago is like Harold Melvin without the Blue Notes....they'll never go platinum!!!

*Don't take offense anybody ...i have neighbors from there.....I clown them every chance I get.

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
hilarious.
Bad enough that Tobago is usually not even mentioned. Tobago is like Tito Jackson. Tobago is like Sandra Huxtable.Tobago is like Harold Melvin without the Blue Notes....they'll never go platinum!!!

*Don't take offense anybody ...i have neighbors from there.....I clown them every chance I get.

ahhh.gif
dropdead.gif

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Idk shouldn't it be easier for you to come together and develop an identity if you're a minority? Since you're being oppressed by a people who also have a shared ethnic identity.

In theory, yes, but they've been continuously disrupted, infiltrated, had their leaders assassinated or imprisoned. If left to their own devices, they would naturally have formed a stronger ethnic identity.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
With all due respect to the carnage that took place over there, while there are surely Arabs in Sudan and in the gene pool over there, I can imagine that there is a lot of identity denial over there.

I'd appreciate it if you were to educate me. While I understand that there are ethnic differences between people...to my eyes ,I saw Blacks slaughtering and warring with other Blacks.

A lot of these northern Sudanese "Arabs" are simply arabized Nubians.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
TBH all I really care about is why them Hebrew Israelites have a fetish about enslaving Cushytes :picard:

Mothafukkas want to see us in chains :mjcry:

Misreeya

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Sudan/New Zealand.
With all due respect to the carnage that took place over there, while there are surely Arabs in Sudan and in the gene pool over there, I can imagine that there is a lot of identity denial over there.

I'd appreciate it if you were to educate me. While I understand that there are ethnic differences between people...to my eyes ,I saw Blacks slaughtering and warring with other Blacks.

You are talking about the Darfur conflict, right? Because that is what people use a point of reference as. Darfur is not the whole entire country. Basically the conflict there was pretty much between different tribes in the region, and ironically the majority of Sudanese soldiers is from that region, hence your views. Being Arab in Sudan is more or less culture rather than anything else. I have never heard anyone deny their "African" part, hence the term Afro-Arab. What i find funny with some of you guys, there is no consistency.

Misreeya

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Sudan/New Zealand.
A lot of these northern Sudanese "Arabs" are simply arabized Nubians.

I think he is thinking about the situation in "Darfur" since he mentioned "conflict" region. People use the conflict in Darfur as a point of reference for the entire country. Which i don't have a problem with however is screws people views of the entire country. Similar to many people in Mena countries thinks all Americans are "white" and blond due to what is presented on television about American, and when they come to America, or even Australia they realize not everyone that lives in those places are white. There a great deal of diversity.

Last edited:

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
sadly alot of it has to do with self hate and not wanting to be associated with being the descendents of slaves.
as well alot of it has to do with negative images about Africa that have been constantly broadcasted through western media.
if the media showed more of the good things about africa...like thriving industries, industrialized cities, booming economies. instead of civil war...famine....poverty...etc....the outlook would be different.
Why tho? Damn near everyone was a slave at some point?