Why are AA's the only ones who claim to be indigenous to their country?

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t this same dynamic of denying African ancestry while claiming Native American ancestry occur in some parts of the Latin American diaspora as well?
:jbhmm:

Yes lol a lot of latino Island nikkas think they are native when most of the natives were wiped out and they are really just cacs and black

But don't tell them that though...it's national lore that they are descended from natives

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
Yes lol a lot of latino Island nikkas think they are native when most of the natives were wiped out and they are really just cacs and black

But don't tell them that though...it's national lore that they are descended from natives

That's mostly a PR and Dominican thing.

I know a lot of (non-black) PRs like to claim Arawak and Taino. The whole Boricua thing comes from that recognition of the Tainos.

it's historical fact that the Tainos on Hispaniola died out well before even the first slave step foot on the island. So the Domincans claiming are definitely delusional.

invalid

Banned
Daps
Self hate....

But I'm not one to speak in absolutes. Many African Americans as well as others of the Diaspora are triracial, so it's not entirely false to say that you had ancestors that originated here especially with these cacs who like to say that "go back to Africa" bullshyt. Not only did we have native ancestors that were here before this country was founded, our African ancestors built the damn country, which as far as I'm concerned, makes us more American than anyone else. I don't think we should up play that more than our West African slave roots though.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps

I know a lot of (non-black) PRs like to claim Arawak and Taino. The whole Boricua thing comes from that recognition of the Tainos.

it's historical fact that the Tainos on Hispaniola died out well before even the first slave step foot on the island. So the Domincains claiming are definitely delusional.
at least Ricans actually have Taino in them

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
There were many slaves who were referred to as Moors though just like terms like Mandingo, Gola and Negro were used too. It really varied on terms from region to region. What tribal groups were really referring to themselves as "African" back then during the transatlantic slave trade anyway? When are things tribal and when aren't they?

I'm not Nigerian but what makes the Igbo's stories that have been passed down hundreds of years compared to Russian Jews?

Let me clarify....certainly there were Africans from different ethnic groups on those slave ships..including Moors,Mandingo,etc.

The BS comes when people say "well Moors traveled the globe...and some/all were here before Columbus set foot in this hemisphere....and I descend from them NOT those enslaved Africans who came later" This is pure unadulterated cow manure.

I asked Nigerians to weigh in on how valid those "lost tribe if Israel" Igbo claims are. From where I stand, it's along the lines of the other nonsense.

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
Correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t this same dynamic of denying African ancestry while claiming Native American ancestry occur in some parts of the Latin American diaspora as well?
:jbhmm:

Some? Lol......they perfected it and provided the blueprint on how to do it

MaxPain

Hispaniola Exchange Student
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where It’s Not Safe

it's historical fact that the Tainos on Hispaniola died out well before even the first slave step foot on the island. So the Domincans claiming are definitely delusional.

Ehh...I actually have a sizeable amount of Taino blood....but Im mostly African, Nigerian to be exact. Either the DNA tests are buggin or its true but I know the Nigerian thing is for sure. I have a few noticable non black features if u look deep into it for someone who has 4% European so it cant be that

But u are right tho....claimin Indio for darker skin is a cop out to deny ur obvious African Heritage that alot of latinos do...and now these hotep idiots are doing (Waka)

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
My intention with this thread is not to start another fight between different ethnic Black groups (but someone probably will anyways) :francis:

I'm just genuinely curious about this though. Other groups of Black people were taken as slaves from West Africa to other countries. Most slaves didn't even end up in America. Black people from the Caribbean, Latin countries, Brazil and other places seem to accept this history.

All AA's aren't doing this and it's not a large majority either...it's a fringe group who claim they are Native, Hebrews, etc. This psuedo-history seems to be growing in number though.

The crux of my question is why are AA's the only ones claiming an alternative history? :jbhmm:

I could be wrong here...but I don't see other groups who are also descendants of slaves doing this.
You have no idea what is going on in small segments of the population in other countries.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Haitians and Jamaicans don't do it
Don't be so sure about that.
I've never encountered any but I'm certain there are those who will claim to be French or British. You figure that this sentiment would come from a small fringe element of the families who are mixed race descendants of the former slave owners .

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
You will NEVER EVER EVER meet a Haitian person that so as much QUESTONS their African ancestry. :scust:

No one claiming Taino because we have historical recollection that they were completely KILLED OFF.
:russ: Lmao this hilarious because it's a Haitian black hebrew isrealite that talk shyt about africans on youtube. The one west hebrews isrealites believe haitians are apart o the 12 tribes. Some hebrew isrealite camps even recruit people in the west indies. I'mma let ya'll cook though. Even funnier because I have creole ancestry myself and seen it a lot here in Florida.

Edit Matter fact i know mfs that deny their island once they get nationalized in this country and just say their american. Lmao this fake love for creole people is hilarious on here though. A lot of second and third generation kids just say their american.

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
full
My intention with this thread is not to start another fight between different ethnic Black groups (but someone probably will anyways) :francis:

I'm just genuinely curious about this though. Other groups of Black people were taken as slaves from West Africa to other countries. Most slaves didn't even end up in America. Black people from the Caribbean, Latin countries, Brazil and other places seem to accept this history.

All AA's aren't doing this and it's not a large majority either...it's a fringe group who claim they are Native, Hebrews, etc. This psuedo-history seems to be growing in number though.

The crux of my question is why are AA's the only ones claiming an alternative history? :jbhmm:

I could be wrong here...but I don't see other groups who are also descendants of slaves doing this.

You already answered you own question :yeshrug::ehh:

The internet has a tendance to multiply shyt ...for instance I've never met an in the flesh feminist in my life(and i've asked), but to here the Internets tell it...:francis:

:mjpls:
Oh yeah BTW

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
I've only heard the theory of blacks being indigenous to the Americas by AA's (and only online tbh).

The people I've heard about from other countries that don't claim African ancestry claim a completely different lineage ("Native American", Latino, European)

But this is my experience, they may be out there.