Why are AA's the only ones who claim to be indigenous to their country?

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
The thread isn't specifically directed at me but...

There are a multitude of reasons...

1. A smart black person is critical and contests anything a cac teach. They have proven to be treacherous.

2. AA's lead the way as opposition to WS. Other blacks are waiting on us to bust a grape.

3. Though I don't deny there were indeed Africans imported here as slaves...I'm wondering how long it would take them TODAY with modern ships to transport the number of slaves reported.

4. To anyone subscribed to the hypothesis black people are indigenous everywhere it isn't that big of a reach.

5. Blackness comes before African in my book. Black first. A person saying they're european black no longer offends me, as I understand we're indigenous everywhere. It's not about being ashamed to be African...it just has never been 100 verified by our group the intricacies.

6. The history of this world is unsettled in the eyes of many. The victors write history, that shouldn't mean the losers history disappears nor is erroneous. We have no idea how old this planet is. For all we know there maybe evidence on Antarctica a million years older than on Africa.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Rastafarians were probably the first to claim a fake history in the diaspora tho :yeshrug:

But it might have something to do with the fact that, unlike Caribbeans and most South Americans, AA's are a very small minority in the US. We're talking 13% of the overall population.

Last edited:

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
:russ: Lmao this hilarious because it's a Haitian black hebrew isrealite that talk shyt about africans on youtube. The one west hebrews isrealites believe haitians are apart o the 12 tribes. Some hebrew isrealite camps even recruit people in the west indies. I'mma let ya'll cook though. Even funnier because I have creole ancestry myself and seen it a lot here in Florida.

Edit Matter fact i know mfs that deny their island once they get nationalized in this country and just say their american. Lmao this fake love for creole people is hilarious on here though. A lot of second and third generation kids just say their american.

The Isrealities are a totally unrelated thing. I already know about the "Haiti is one of the lost tribes of something..." thing.

Anyone raised in a Haitian family is not calling themselves American straight up.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Africans have fake origin stories too by the way, particularly in cultures that rely heavily on oral history. Somalis (my ppl) have some pretty ridiculous stories about the origin of various tribes. Some Ethiopian tribes wrongly claim descendance from the Axumites even though they're most likely Semitized Agew and Oromo (both cushytic speaking ethnic groups).

I've also heard bullshyt stories about Igbo being of Hebrew origin.

StarGirl

All Star
Daps
Africans have fake origin stories too by the way, particularly in cultures that rely heavily on oral history. Somalis (my ppl) have some pretty ridiculous stories about the origin of various tribes. Some Ethiopian tribes wrongly claim descendance from the Axumites even though they're most likely Semitized Agew and Oromo.

I've also heard bullshyt stories about Igbo being of Hebrew origin.

@The Wave

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
it might have something to do with the fact that, unlike Caribbeans and most South Americans, AA's are a very small minority in the US. We're talking 13% of the overall population.

What would that have to do with it?

Misreeya

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Sudan/New Zealand.
All these identity denial groups are tiny fringe amount of people. Over here the internet just gives them an inordinate amount of exposure.

I also think that the alternate identity stuff appeals to uneducated segments of the population. They are more likely to not know anything about history and believe the "white man made up the entire slave trade" nonsense....or the "we are lost tribe of jews" foolishness............or the "we are arabs" shyt that goes on in the Sudan and other parts.

Poorly educated make the best marks for cons.

Here lies the difference we do have "Arabs" in my parents country, not the majority (of course) but a certain segment of our population is totally arabs, and people would not see them as "black" anywhere.

I am just being realistic!

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Rastafarians were probably the first to claim a fake history in the diaspora tho :yeshrug:

But it might have something to do with the fact that, unlike Caribbeans and most South Americans, AA's are a very small minority in the US. We're talking 13% of the overall population.
nah you had hebrew israelites and moorish folks from the early 1900s

invalid

Banned
Daps
You will NEVER EVER EVER meet a Haitian person that so as much QUESTONS their African ancestry. :scust:

No one claiming Taino because we have historical recollection that they were completely KILLED OFF.

Hold my beer.......

My ex-girlfriend is Haitian and from a family of passé blancs with money. Never seen a more :mjpls: family. Only thing I ever heard about was their French ancestry.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
What would that have to do with it?

Makes it harder to develop a shared ethnic identity especially given the fact that they've pretty much been consistently disrupted since emancipation.. Majority black countries like Jamaica, Haiti etc haven't had to deal with that problem, at least not on that scale.

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Makes it harder to develop a shared ethnic identity especially given the fact that they've pretty much been consistently disrupted since emancipation.. Majority black countries like Jamaica, Haiti etc haven't had to deal with that problem, at least not on that scale.

Idk shouldn't it be easier for you to come together and develop an identity if you're a minority? Since you're being oppressed by a people who also have a shared ethnic identity.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
:russ: Lmao this hilarious because it's a Haitian black hebrew isrealite that talk shyt about africans on youtube. The one west hebrews isrealites believe haitians are apart o the 12 tribes. Some hebrew isrealite camps even recruit people in the west indies. I'mma let ya'll cook though. Even funnier because I have creole ancestry myself and seen it a lot here in Florida.

Edit Matter fact i know mfs that deny their island once they get nationalized in this country and just say their american. Lmao this fake love for creole people is hilarious on here though. A lot of second and third generation kids just say their american.

had never heard of this before......
37153_870221302398_2707777_48086577_5824886_n.jpg

straight COMEDY

but this stuff is being repeated by jail Haitians, right? the vagabons?

Daps
Descendants of slaves don't have any connection to specific African countries, and everything about those countries was stripped away from us; language, customs, names, so it's harder to claim Africa, because it's a continent.

When people, mostly white ask my nationality, I usually say, I'm a descendant of African slaves, which really pisses them off.
:lolbron: