Why am I not losing weight ??

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
He don’t need to go the low carb or Keto way to lose weight. That shyt might break him. If you have the time, it’s better to do it with all the macros and nutrients involved, IMO.
he wont die with 35
dahell

do that shyt for a month i guarantee he loses 5-10 pounds

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Not always. It's not the case here but you can undershoot calories relative to activity and have your body go into protection mode and hold on to "fat" aka energy as opposed to burning it. It's one of the reasons aggressive calorie deficits aren't ideal for long periods of time.
You learn something new everyday.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
You learn something new everyday.

This will usually wane off after a few weeks of consistency. At first the body will try to "hold off" but eventually it will have to start burning fat and muscle in the presence of a sustained calories deficit.

That's why when you see people that have been lost in the wilderness for weeks or months, they usually come back looking haggard. Eventually their body has to burn fat and muscle to survive.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
This will usually wane off after a few weeks of consistency. At first the body will try to "hold off" but eventually it will have to start burning fat and muscle in the presence of a sustained calories deficit.

That's why when you see people that have been lost in the wilderness for weeks or months, they usually come back looking haggard. Eventually their body has to burn fat and muscle to survive.

Well that's two different things. On a "diet" you could stall and never get back. You have to start manipulating, increase cals, change activity, etc. Being literally lost in the wilderness is ultimate survival mode.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Well that's two different things. On a "diet" you could stall and never get back. You have to start manipulating, increase cals, change activity, etc. Being literally lost in the wilderness is ultimate survival mode.

If you’re in an extended state of calorie deficit, your body will drop weight eventually.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
If you’re in an extended state of calorie deficit, your body will drop weight eventually.

Yeah but usually your gym performance tells you if you need a couple of days at maintenance or going over...

If your low volume/heavy weights start getting sluggish, it's time for a break..

Nuke Dukem

Da Bears
Daps
Reppin
Windy City
So I did some research & tried to find what my calories/macros should be.. I came up with these numbers ..

Low carb/High protein diet (50:20:30)

recommend calories a day: 1,832

TDEE: 2,290

Protein : 50%= 229g
Carbs : 20%= 92g
Fat : 30% = 61g

I got these numbers from Transparentlabs.com calculator

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
^^^
Wouldn’t start that low based on your activity level but that’s me

I know most places will say do 500 less calories than your TDEE.

SN: Do you guys factor in your physical activity? I've always referred to the BMR (Base Metabolic Rate?) which is essentially your TDEE if all you did was lie in the bed from morning to night. Pretty much as sedentary as it gets (which isn't that different than the general US tbh). I heard it's better that way to track your calorie deficit.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I know most places will say do 500 less calories than your TDEE.

SN: Do you guys factor in your physical activity? I've always referred to the BMR (Base Metabolic Rate?) which is essentially your TDEE if all you did was lie in the bed from morning to night. Pretty much as sedentary as it gets (which isn't that different than the general US tbh). I heard it's better that way to track your calorie deficit.
I feel like the 500 number while not arbitrary is to general. If you are doing this for sustained fat loss better to be conservative. Especially someone training 3-4 times a week and doing a long distance running program.

Just my two cents

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
I feel like the 500 number while not arbitrary is to general. If you are doing this for sustained fat loss better to be conservative. Especially someone training 3-4 times a week and doing a long distance running program.

Just my two cents
You know your shyt.