Why am I not losing weight ??

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
@Nuke Dukem

Based on your macros this kind of makes sense. You are eating a lot of carbs generally speaking so what you are likely losing is water weight which when most people start off they tend to drop a fair amount of that first and then it slows down generally speaking to that 1-3 pound range per week.

This is the most important thing you can do right now IMO
  • You have to start weighing weekly under the same conditions. Without that you don’t have any data to know what you have lost vs. what you haven’t. By weekly I mean at least once every week, same day and under the same general conditions.
Where did you pull 1,800 cals from as a goal? Like at @Spliff said, those are pretty poverty numbers for a guy in general. If this is a long term plan you don’t have much room to go down as your weight loss inevitably slows. What’s next 1,700? Hopefully that makes sense.

Lastly what is the true goal here. “Weight loss” of fat loss is too broad. The real answer here may lead to some tweaks in your training.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
This thread is too damn long for what was said in the OP. Negro only started dieting and going to the gym July 8th :dwillhuh: Just say you want attention and fat loss advice. But you know damn well 1 week means nothing :mjlol:

Yeah you shouldn't weigh yourself again til next month b. Your diet might be legit but now you about to change it up and possibly fukk it up cuz you lack patience.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
This thread is too damn long for what was said in the OP. Negro only started dieting and going to the gym July 8th :dwillhuh: Just say you want attention and fat loss advice. But you know damn well 1 week means nothing :mjlol:

Yeah you shouldn't weigh yourself again til next month b. Your diet might be legit but now you about to change it up and possibly fukk it up cuz you lack patience.
If he waits a month then that’s a lot of data he doesn’t have. Especially with that high of a carb ratio. Since he’s not severely overweight he really needs that data IMO.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
If he waits a month then that’s a lot of data he doesn’t have. Especially with that high of a carb ratio. Since he’s not severely overweight he really needs that data IMO.
Yeah I'm cutting right now myself and those carbs do look kinda high but not that much IMO if he's getting back into the swing of things. He also said he got a physical job, breh needs something to keep him going with that much activity.

I just think he's already going about it the wrong way. He's gonna be spending more time counting calories and figuring out what should he eat instead of doing the most important thing -- not eating :lolbron: it's really that simple for most people. Just don't think about food b. I definitely recommend IF, you got 6-8 hrs to eat then forget about food for 16-18 hours. Now that's true freedom :wow:

And I say that from the same place he is at right now. I was stuck at 195 when I started to cut earlier this year and I was like :unimpressed: fukk going on. Then I stopped weighing myself and just stuck to my guns and 21 days later, I was like 187 :blessed: and since then the fat been melting off.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
^^^
I’m not saying the carbs our too high. They may not be relative to activity. Point being the usual be big initial water weight drop one be there so his loses are going to be minimal on the scale. As it stands he doesn’t know what is or isn’t working and if adjustments are called for.

A lot of methods work but he could spin his wheels regardless of the method when he doesn’t have a baseline.

IF might not make sense for him on a lot a little different levels. Not offense but people through that out as the answer to easily without looking at it from the individuals perspective, goals, etc.

Last edited:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
-Officially started dieting & going to the gym on July 8th

- Macro breakdown, these are my goals for the day

Protein 115g

Carbs 288g

Fiber 38g

Sugar 103g

Fat 77g

Saturated fat 31grams

I’m under on those some days but stay at 1800

Should I up my calories and just focus on the macros ?

That’s 2300 calories, not 1800. :dwillhuh:

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
On July 4th I weighed in at 209.8

Today I got on the scale first thing this morning & I’m 210lbs :martin:

So far I’ve been

-staying at 1800 calories a day

-logging & weighing all of my food

-gym 4/5x a week

-no fast food/soda

Meals mainly consist of

Oatmeal, chicken, brown rice, egg whites
288 carbs a day is high as fukk

stick to less than 35 carbs a day

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I still don't get it. Less calories + high activity = weight loss....right?
Not always. It's not the case here but you can undershoot calories relative to activity and have your body go into protection mode and hold on to "fat" aka energy as opposed to burning it. It's one of the reasons aggressive calorie deficits aren't ideal for long periods of time.