Why am I not losing weight ??

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
Might have answered this already but...what are you doing in the gym?

Probably need to go from 4/5 days per week to 5/6.

Increase your cardio. Lifting is important but you don't need to do too much on a cut. Main thing when dropping lbs is to lift enough to MAINTAIN muscle and strength. Cardio should be the top gym priority when you need to lose a decent amount of weight.

I'd also add that 1800 calories might be a bit much. May need to cut that down a bit just to get your body kickstarted. Try 1500 to 1700 and see how that goes.

My guess is the workout intensity needs to increase to create more of a deficit.

Everyone different breh...:francis:

He might burnout off that kinda workload if he dosen't have the right setup to make it work

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Man I was having the same issue. Turns out I gained 5 pounds of muscle, and body fat went down. Nutritionist cat was pretty shocked

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Everyone different breh...:francis:

He might burnout off that kinda workload if he dosen't have the right setup to make it work

Yea that's a tough routine just starting out. I remember when I was doing 1500-1700 calories in college around 225lbs and working out 5-6 days a week. I was constantly hungry. Had to up my calorie allowance.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

Increase your cardio. Lifting is important but you don't need to do too much on a cut. Main thing when dropping lbs is to lift enough to MAINTAIN muscle and strength. Cardio should be the top gym priority when you need to lose a decent amount of weight.

I'd also add that 1800 calories might be a bit much. May need to cut that down a bit just to get your body kickstarted. Try 1500 to 1700 and see how that goes.

My guess is the workout intensity needs to increase to create more of a deficit.
So if he starts there where is he going to go when loss slows again? 1300, 1200?

I mean come on guise

Last edited:

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L

No disrespect but this post is misinformation and fake news.

Daps
What kind of cardio?

Whatever you enjoy the most: basketball, swimming, running etc. Everybody has that "thing" that gets them off the couch (usually), so go with that.

Sometimes people have weeks where they retain more water and the weight won't drop. Suddenly out of nowhere, the lbs come off. It's not always common for people to have persistent and sustained fat loss.

As for those talking about cardio and calorie cutting.......increasing weekly workouts doesn't mean you have to go balls-out 6 days/week. It means you might have 4 hard workouts and 2 active recovery days (long walks with headphones in your ear etc.). Everyone's body is different and we all react in varying ways.

If you're eating healthy and not losing weight and this continues......then you either need to increase your activity or eat less. It's also possible that you're eating more than you realize and may need to track your intake more closely by weighing your portions. I'm shorter (5'8") and have a lower TDEE than many of the brehs here. Started at 226 lbs and have gotten down to 181 lbs so far with a goal of 165 lbs. For the most part, my calories ranged between 1500 and 1700. Eating oatmeal for breakfast helped a lot since it fills you up without taking in too many calories. Throw in some salmon and a salad at lunch and maybe chicken and veggies for dinner with a snack or two, and you're good to go. Just keep adjusting the different variables until you find something that works for you.