WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!! WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!!: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Reality TV offseason Thread

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
It’s not that he didn’t play well in the 2nd half, he didn’t play at all. There’s a big difference. I can accept not playing well. I can’t accept quitting

I hear you

I don’t understand what he was doing either. Maybe he wanted his teammates to show him something. Either way it was only game 1. How we go from that to demanding that he take a pay cut:pachaha:

If he does this shyt in game 4 I’d be right there with you nikkas with my foot on his neck too

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Look at Jokic's numbers when he's being guarded by Rui or AD in game one. Bro :hhh:

[Source]

OFF PLAYERDEF PLAYERGPMATCHUPPTSASTTOVBLKFGMFGAFG%3PM3PA3P%
MIN
Nikola JokicRui Hachimura
1​
8:00​
16​
2​
0​
0​
8​
10​
80​
0​
0​
0​
Nikola JokicAnthony Davis
1​
4:28​
5​
2​
0​
2​
2​
7​
28.6​
1​
2​
50​
Jokic was always going to eat against Rui, the whole idea is that AD plays help defender and they turn Jokic into a scorer. I thought they would help Rui a tad bit more but they really didn't

Rui played pretty bad all around.. shooting was bad, defense was bad, rebounding was horrific (which is really the main issue I had with him Game 1)

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
Rui with only 3 rebounds is pathetic. That is one of the reasons that they lost. Dude is soft when it comes to rebounding.

He’s soft period. He‘s 6’8 250 but routinely gets moved about and abused.

Nice dude but where’s the aggression? Where’s the physicality?

He doesn’t have the mindset to realize his potential

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Who do you want on Jokic? AD should not be exclusively on Jokic, you are asking AD to play 43+ minutes, give DPOY defense, while also giving you 30+ points and 12+ rebounds?
They gotta Figure it out at this point Jokic knows that rui is cooked vs him :manny:

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
They gotta Figure it out at this point Jokic knows that rui is cooked vs him :manny:
I still think Rui on Jokic is the only thing that makes sense with spells of AD/Bron on Jokic. Coaches gotta figure out a way to help Rui, but flat out Rui has to be slightly better than what he produced. No ones asking Rui to stop him, but he's gotta be better than what he played

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
I mean this is the roster. It is what it is. You've criticized Pelinka and you're right about the trade deadline deals not getting anything... but this roster is dependent on DLO to be big, has been all year. You gotta go down swinging with what you got.

Gabe can give you more than DS.. We literally saw it in Game 1 where he did a MUCH better job against Murray in a small sample size than DS did all last year. DS was horrible offensively and defensively that series.

DLO was getting wide open shots from 3.. He's gotta hit those, and he's capable and if you go look back at some of those 3's they were in and out. Not absolving DLO of anything cause I think he was at the top of the list of problems along with not running offensive sets in the 2nd half, but some of those shots were heartbreakers cause it looked good.

Dont think that’s fair.

Gabe Vincent played in 11 games this year….11! And is now playing Denver in the 1st round

Meanwhile Dennis played in 77 games last year and was coming off a series where he was chasing Steph fukking Curry around. Then had to turn around and play Denver in the CF.

I think it’s safe to say that Gabe has fresher legs while still giving u 1/10 of the offense that Dennis gave u.

I don’t think that’s a plus fam.

Daps
Reppin
#LWO
Jokic was always going to eat against Rui, the whole idea is that AD plays help defender and they turn Jokic into a scorer. I thought they would help Rui a tad bit more but they really didn't

Rui played pretty bad all around.. shooting was bad, defense was bad, rebounding was horrific (which is really the main issue I had with him Game 1)
I don’t like it . AD on Jokic and use Christian Wood as another option to backup him up . Put Rui on Aaron Gordon and let Lebron save his energy for offense . Jokic gets confident once he has easy pickings on the offensive end . Rui should not guard him :camby:

We have to put up some resistance to these mfers . they completely hoed us in the second half. We playing soft. We don’t have any enforcers just a bunch of nice guys :hhh:

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Dont think that’s fair.

Gabe Vincent played in 11 games this year….11! And is now playing Denver in the 1st round

Meanwhile Dennis played in 77 games last year and was coming off a series where he was chasing Steph fukking Curry around. Then had to turn around and play Denver in the CF.

I think it’s safe to say that Gabe has fresher legs while still giving u 1/10 of the offense that Dennis gave u.

I don’t think that’s a plus fam.
I'll agree with that.

I like DS, but I just think he was a big issue last year. I think that Gabe could give you the same production that DS gave you (that's how bad DS was to me).

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
I still think Rui on Jokic is the only thing that makes sense with spells of AD/Bron on Jokic. Coaches gotta figure out a way to help Rui, but flat out Rui has to be slightly better than what he produced. No ones asking Rui to stop him, but he's gotta be better than what he played

Or just play super big and play Hayes.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
I don’t like it . AD on Jokic and use Christian Wood as another option to backup him up . Put Rui on Aaron Gordon and let Lebron save his energy for offense . Jokic gets confident once he has easy pickings on the offensive end . Rui should not guard him :camby:

We have to put up some resistance to these mfers . they completely hoed us in the second half. We playing soft. We don’t have any enforcers just a bunch of nice guys :hhh:
Wood isn't even available until Game 3 and he hasn't played in months

You're asking for trouble putting AD exclusively on Jokic. You want AD to guard him, while also being the rim protector for others (who is going to be the rim protector when Jokic goes assist mode on the perimeter??) and then also score 30+ and grab 12+ boards while playing 43+ minutes?