WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!! WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!!: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Reality TV offseason Thread

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
This team needs to get DLO going at all costs. They don't win this series without DLO, early in this series they had to get him into a rhythm. I really didn't have a huge problem with the Bron feel out game, He did more offensively than I thought he would (scoring), but there 100% are things this team can do in order to win a game in Denver

They did a great job on Murray this game, but it's shocking to me that they played DLO 41 minutes and Gabe only played 8 minutes. Darvin has to do a better job of getting Gabe in the game. DLO is who is he, and I saw him chasing KCP around screens and I instantly knew they were gonna take advantage of it. They got out to such a big lead due to actually running offensive sets in the 1st half, then generally went away from it in the 2nd half. That I put heavily on LeBron/DLO/Darvin. It's been a constant theme in the season that this happens. They go away from offensive sets and start trying to iso or cross match and they waste too many possessions doing it.

AD played great, I thought he was the best player on the floor. I thought Bron was probably the 3rd best player on the floor........ The Nuggets had everyone else outplaying the Lakers. That can't happen.

I said Lakers in 7, and I can see a path for that to happen however it's going to take DLO to actually show up and so far that just hasn't happened against Denver or anyone in the playoffs.
if your game plan depends on Gabe and D'lo then you know you're fukked. As much as you guys like to pretend Gabe is this great defender. He is not. He is not even a good one. He is very limited offensively. D'lo lacks athleticism to do anything against capable defenders.

The only chance we have against Denver is if their team doesn't show up.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
if your game plan depends on Gabe and D'lo then you know you're fukked. As much as you guys like to pretend Gabe is this great defender. He is not. He is even a good one. He is very limited offensively. D'lo lacks athleticism to do anything against capable defenders.

The only chance we have against Denver is if their team doesn't show up.
I mean this is the roster. It is what it is. You've criticized Pelinka and you're right about the trade deadline deals not getting anything... but this roster is dependent on DLO to be big, has been all year. You gotta go down swinging with what you got.

Gabe can give you more than DS.. We literally saw it in Game 1 where he did a MUCH better job against Murray in a small sample size than DS did all last year. DS was horrible offensively and defensively that series.

DLO was getting wide open shots from 3.. He's gotta hit those, and he's capable and if you go look back at some of those 3's they were in and out. Not absolving DLO of anything cause I think he was at the top of the list of problems along with not running offensive sets in the 2nd half, but some of those shots were heartbreakers cause it looked good.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Simply put: The Nuggets are a better team. Why bother trying to figure out ways this team can win. It’s not going to happen. What more do y’all need to see?

9 more losses?

:dead:

I see why people think our fanbase is delusional.
I mean this is simply the truth. For as much as there is strategy and a path to winning..... Nuggets are simply better

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Simply put: The Nuggets are a better team. Why bother trying to figure out ways this team can win. It’s not going to happen. What more do y’all need to see?

9 more losses?

:dead:

I see why people think our fanbase is delusional.

ITS NOT REALLY OUR FANBASE, ITS LEBRON’S FANBASE

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mean this is simply the truth. For as much as there is strategy and a path to winning..... Nuggets are simply better

Once you realize that, you accept the reality and wait until they end the season. It is what it is. DLo was shipped out from every team he’s been on for a reason. Lebron is 40. AD isn’t close to Jokic impact. Nuggets bench is ass yet it’s still better than ours. Their coach is 100x better. We have 0 advantages.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Once you realize that, you accept the reality and wait until they end the season. It is what it is. DLo was shipped out from every team he’s been on for a reason. Lebron is 40. AD isn’t close to Jokic impact. Nuggets bench is ass yet it’s still better than ours. Their coach is 100x better. We have 0 advantages.

Denver would literally have to have an all time meltdown for us to have a chance. We’re just not as good of a team and matchup wise it’s horrible for us. It’s just like 05-07 years when we kept getting unlucky and drawing the Suns who were our worst matchup.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
I agree with everything you said besides the AD portion (at least in Game 1).. I felt that AD outplayed Jokic, but I can't expect that to carry on throughout the series

I still think the Lakers can push it to 7.. A lot has to go right, and I'm biased AF, and don't like quitting on my team, but I'll admit the Lakers are depending on things to happen that simply haven't happened in 2+ years in order to win

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Denver would literally have to have an all time meltdown for us to have a chance. We’re just not as good of a team and matchup wise it’s horrible for us. It’s just like 05-07 years when we kept getting unlucky and drawing the Suns who were our worst matchup.

07 we had no chance against the Suns. Bean tried willing us but goddamn that roster was so ass. 2006 we should have won if bum ass Kwame and Odom grabbed the o board. Probably would have been the greatest upset ever. The talent level between those 2 teams were a lot bigger than the nuggets and lakers. The difference is that there’s no one on this team that actually believes we have a chance and it shows. They accepted that they won’t beat this team.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
I agree with everything you said besides the AD portion (at least in Game 1).. I felt that AD outplayed Jokic, but I can't expect that to carry on throughout the series

I still think the Lakers can push it to 7.. A lot has to go right, and I'm biased AF, and don't like quitting on my team, but I'll admit the Lakers are depending on things to happen that simply haven't happened in 2+ years in order to win
Well it's ownership who quit on this team to begin with. You really think Jeanie Buss really cares if this team wins or not? Her actions doesn't show that she does. So why should the fans give a fukk?

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
07 we had no chance against the Suns. Bean tried willing us but goddamn that roster was so ass. 2006 we should have won if bum ass Kwame and Odom grabbed the o board. Probably would have been the greatest upset ever. The talent level between those 2 teams were a lot bigger than the nuggets and lakers. The difference is that there’s no one on this team that actually believes we have a chance and it shows. They accepted that they won’t beat this team.
Well the difference is we had the best player in the series vs the Suns. So there was always an outside chance we could win a few games.

I don't think the talent levels were bigger either. Suns were a lot more talented. The same way these Nuggets are a lot more talented. It's about the same.

Last edited:

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well the difference is we had the best player in the series vs the Suns. So there was always an outside chance we could win a few games.

I don't think the talent levels were bigger either. Suns were a lot more talented. The same these Nuggets are a lot more talented. It's about the same.
nuggets might be more talented but we were so ass. You don’t think there’s a bigger gap between both series? Go look at our roster again. And according to a lot of people, we have two top 10 players right? Put it this way, if we had beaten the suns back then, it would be considered a historic upset. If we had beaten the nuggets last season, no one would have thought twice about it. In fact, some had us favored to win the series. People are more reasonable this time around