Who's better? Outkast or bone thugs n harmony

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
:beli:

whats the point of this? you were better off just quietly leaving the thread.

typical white kid who gets mad and tries to save face when proven wrong. grow up.

:pachaha:

Mad? No, I just know your type. I bet your white T is dingy, wrinkled, and wider than it is long.

Plus, I'm apparently young and white. What would I have to be mad about; the world is my oyster :smugfavre:

Day_Walker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Crazy thing though,.. 3 stacks is in most of your top fives top five..
Bullshyt.
I'm a big outkast fan but Andre 3000 is overrated by bloggers and the internet crowd.
Maybe if you said someone like scarface or Ice cube I'd agree with you.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Bullshyt.
I'm a big outkast fan but Andre 3000 is overrated by bloggers and the internet crowd.

Everyone from Jay-Z, to Raekwon, to Em, to Wayne....hell, I could actually go on....rave about how ill Andre is.

Now, if you disagree, that's fine....but he's constantly name dropped by a who's who of elite MCs. We can sit here and say "ah well, they're being nice/PC/whatever" but this has been going on the better part of 2 decades....it was happening before the internet was even poppin like that.

Fred.

Bonefan32

Superstar
Daps
Comparing two groups extremely different in style and influence and flow and production and overall sound and trying to say one is straight up "better" than the other is wack.

I am a huge fan of both and can rap many of these nikkas songs by word.......both in my top 10.....most people going to say kast but they both too different and too legendary for me to pick one.......

And its hard to explain to a non bone fan why they so dope to me..........its just that vibe that shyt gives you mayne, its like nothing else and with the melodies perfectly synchronizing with the beat then busting out with a smooth quick verse.......but the verse isnt on some twista shyt where he just trying to rap fast as fukk.......its like it comes naturally to them nikkas and it just rolls off the tongue with ease and clarity

bone thugs are simply masters of flow........and bizzy is on another level lyrically

Not saying they "better" though don't trip :myman:

cosign this to the fullest this guy speaks the truth

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Flow wise, of course Bone got the edge on that.. Lyrical content, Outkast by a mile.. Bone rarely talked about anything other than smoking and gangsta shyt which is cool, but kast kills them in this department

I wouldn't say rarely,they rapped about struggling...we gotta give bone the category of originality by a mile...plus they have more classic songs....far as 3k bein in nikkas top 5's:wtb:...I don't know when that became the cute thing to say,it usually only takes one nikka to put it out there b4 these other gay rappers follow suit...his names popped up a lot id say in the past 5 or 6 yrs for his name to start poppin up all of a sudden...if he's top 5 all of a sudden he shoulda been top 5 a long time ago to these idiots...I don't see what really seperates this nikka from any member of Souls Of Mischief:laff:...no disrespect to them but none of them is no damn top 5 all time either..

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Bullshyt.

EXACTLY.

I'm shocked that Runny Ray hasn't posted in this thread :rudy:

get off his d*ck. im sure he aint thinkin bout yo a$$.

Flow wise, of course Bone got the edge on that.. Lyrical content, Outkast by a mile.. Bone rarely talked about anything other than smoking and gangsta shyt which is cool, but kast kills them in this department

:usure::usure:

i cant stand people that skim thru music. especially the people that argue you down and dont expose themselves until after you wasted mad time arguing with them. you obviously never really even listened to bone.

and bone's content is actually deeper than outkast. just because they dont pose as a "conscious" group, it doesnt mean that all they rap about is weed & guns.

I wouldn't say rarely,they rapped about struggling...we gotta give bone the category of originality by a mile...plus they have more classic songs....far as 3k bein in nikkas top 5's:wtb:...I don't know when that became the cute thing to say,it usually only takes one nikka to put it out there b4 these other gay rappers follow suit...his names popped up a lot id say in the past 5 or 6 yrs for his name to start poppin up all of a sudden...if he's top 5 all of a sudden he shoulda been top 5 a long time ago to these idiots...I don't see what really seperates this nikka from any member of Souls Of Mischief:laff:...no disrespect to them but none of them is no damn top 5 all time either..

RIGHT AGAIN.

im sure most people here have noticed that the 2 things that irk me the most are revisionist history and stuff thats trendy with the internet crowd that gets pushed as top notch chit despite not being a factor in real life.

outkast embodies most of that.

Everyone from Jay-Z, to Raekwon, to Em, to Wayne....hell, I could actually go on....rave about how ill Andre is.

Now, if you disagree, that's fine....but he's constantly name dropped by a who's who of elite MCs. We can sit here and say "ah well, they're being nice/PC/whatever" but this has been going on the better part of 2 decades....it was happening before the internet was even poppin like that.

Fred.

stop it. ive been on the internet since Prodigy.

this "outkast are goat contenders" stuff is new. they started getting propped up all-timers about 8 years ago. long after it mattered. they werent raved about in this manner in the '90s. NOT EVEN ON THE INTERNET.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
^^^^^ aquemini is the album that solidified their standing in most people's minds and that didn't drop till 98. The "goat contenders" stuff started soon thereafter. I like bone alot too and I'm from Cleveland but 3 stacks is just better in the opinion of alot of people, fans, and industry.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
^^^^^ aquemini is the album that solidified their standing in most people's minds and that didn't drop till 98. The "goat contenders" stuff started soon thereafter. I like bone alot too and I'm from Cleveland but 3 stacks is just better in the opinion of alot of people, fans, and industry.

aquemini is a hipster/brainwashed noob classic. that chit was not important in '98-99. and their 2 previous albums were better and made more of a dent.

"watch for the hook" was more vital than that aquemini album.

lol. i never even talk about 3 stacks offline. who are these "alot of people"?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
aquemini is a hipster/brainwashed noob classic. that chit was not important in '98-99. and their 2 previous albums were better and made more of a dent.

"watch for the hook" was more vital than that aquemini album.

lol. i never even talk about 3 stacks offline. who are these "alot of people"?

:wtf: I don't know what world you live in but when aquemini dropped the entire Hiphop world took notice. Rosa parks was their biggest hit to date. Art of storytelling spottieottiedoaplishis :comeon: so many classic tracks on that album. nikkas was checking for cool breeze and the rest of the dungeon fam of the strength of aquemini

:snoop: I can't believe some of the shyt I read on this site