Who was better in their prime, Chad Johnson or Terrell Owens

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
More value than this. :umad:

Weird to hear people talking about Chad Johnson like he was a top receiver.

Chad was a back to back all pro receiver in his prime. While TO undoubtedly has a better career, in the mid 2000's there was very much a conversation over who was a better receiver between the two of them.
and here I thought was talking out of my ass

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Chads prime years weren't very long.

TO was prime before Chad and prime during Chads prime.

The one season they played together in Cincinnati, TO was past his prime at age 37 and still putting up better numbers than Chad

I’ll bite, both were good in their own right, but if the bengals were better, i think Chad would have had a better legacy, Palmer was so hit or miss, and the one year he seemed to be on fire, was the year his knee got tore up, but as it stands TO was so damn dominating, he also had some damn good QBs

T.O. came to Cincy for one year and took the #1 spot from Ocho, balled out. Ocho had a average year, subpar for his standards. They both were gone after that season.

As someone who doesn't watch sports religiously and only cares about select teams and players, thank you for the response, who would've thought this would elect such a vitriol response.

Also, I'm not going to lie, I made the comparison because of them being on the Bengals and both having similar personalities

KnowledgeDropper

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan
Perfect example of how a long, popular social media presence after your career (Ocho) can inflate how people view your playing days

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Chad is very underrated, but T.O. is in a whole nother exosphere. Where Chad is a Top 25-30 receiver all-time, Owens is a consensus Top 3 selection.

In basketball terms, that's like comparing Paul Pierce to LeBron.

WTF? What a stupid fukking analogy. Chad Johnson wasn’t nearly as good in his sport as Pierce was in his.

I hate when dumb nikkas try to be funny.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
While true, TO had mediocre hands. By far tje worst.hands of any elite wideout.

He caught more balls than a lot of the guys you consider to have good hands tho.

If somebody told me that a player with nearly 1100 recs 16k yds and 150+ receiving TD had bad hands I’d laugh in their face.

How many balls do you have to drop to still dwarf most of the other “elite” players at your position with “good hands” numbers wise?