Who was better in their prime, Chad Johnson or Terrell Owens

premier58

All Star
Daps
He caught more balls than a lot of the guys you consider to have good hands tho.

If somebody told me that a player with nearly 1100 recs 16k yds and 150+ receiving TD had bad hands I’d laugh in their face.

How many balls do you have to drop to still dwarf most of the other “elite” players at your position with “good hands” numbers wise?
On the surface, it seems insane, but as someone that watched his entire career, that was his lone weakness. Couldnt been a byproduct of his dominant yac ability. Its a testament to his relentlessness, ability to get open and his teams faith in him that he overcame that and was undoubtedly one of the true elites.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
On the surface, it seems insane, but as someone that watched his entire career, that was his lone weakness. Couldnt been a byproduct of his dominant yac ability. Its a testament to his relentlessness, ability to get open and his teams faith in him that he overcame that and was undoubtedly one of the true elites.

Boy you sound silly.

Black Lightning

Superstar
Daps
to-ocho.jpg

The one year they played together.

Owens(37): 72 Rec, 983 Yrds & 9 TD's
Johnson(32): 67 Rec, 831 Yrds & 4 TD's

T.O. was a different animal.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
This is ridiculous. If Ochocinco didn't have the GOAT touchdown celebrations would this thread even get made?

:mjtf:

T.O. was the greatest all around receiver I've ever seen.

Dude could do it all.

Mentioning Chad in the same sentence as him is disrespectful.
T.O. one of my three favorite players ever but the one thing he couldn't do was catch the ball consistently. :dead:

I LOVED his game but he had wood hands, must have dropped 3 balls a game. It's just that his strength/speed/determination made up for it.

premier58

All Star
Daps
Boy you sound silly.
I sound silly because had the worse hands of any great WR? All those years ive watched him drop pass after pass mustvw been an illusion. So because he caughr alot of passes he couldnt have dropped alot. Allen Iverson scored a boatload of points does that mean he didnt miss a whole of shots in the process?

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
I sound silly because had the worse hands of any great WR? All those years ive watched him drop pass after pass mustvw been an illusion. So because he caughr alot of passes he couldnt have dropped alot. Allen Iverson scored a boatload of points does that mean he didnt miss a whole of shots in the process?

It’s silly because people use drop passes to discredit TO like he didn’t catch way more than he dropped. And the fact still remains that he caught more passes than most “elite” WRs with “good hands”. If these other elite WRs had such great hands, how come TO has better numbers? Y’all don’t realize how stupid y’all sound when you bring up drop passes when talking about TO.

For example:
In 218 vs 219 games: TO has more Receiving yards and 43 more touchdowns than Fitz. Fitz has godly hands but less production than somebody with a reputation for dropping passes.

Last edited:

premier58

All Star
Daps
TO's drops are only held against him in GOAT discussions vs the best of the best. Rice, Moss. No one is ranking Issac Bruce, Hines Ward or Cris Carter on TO's level because they have better hands. Iverson also scored alot more raw points than guys who are praised for being more efficient.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
It’s silly because people use drop passes to discredit TO like he didn’t catch way more than he dropped. And the fact still remains that he caught more passes than most “elite” WRs with “good hands”. If these other elite WRs had such great hands, how come TO has better numbers? Y’all don’t realize how stupid y’all sound when you bring up drop passes when talking about TO.

For example:
In 218 vs 219 games: TO has more Receiving yards and 43 more touchdowns than Fitz. Fitz has godly hands but less production than somebody with a reputation for dropping passes.
It's not a discredit to say TO dropped a lot of passes. Dude...he dropped a lot of passes. This was said about him in real time. It was a weird inconsistency about him there. Absolutely ZERO stupid about that.

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
You guys are being dramatic lol

Peak 4 Peak they both were 2 of the best in the game during the 2000s, Owens longevity is just making you guys think Chad wasn’t touching him. Chad was of a similar ilk in his best years