Who was a better player: Brandon Roy or Carmelo?

When Healthy, In There Prime, Who Would You Want?

• Brandon Roy

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Carmelo Anthony

Votes: 56 70.9%

• Total voters

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Pull up KG's and Webber's stats, they look similar. Pull up Carter's and Kobe's stats, they look similar. Pull up Prime Ray Allen's and Prime Pierce' numbers and they look similar, but we all know who the better players were.

KG routinely put up better stats than Duncan, but Duncan was clearly the better player.

Stats do lie. They don't show hustle, who takes off plays, who makes the right decisions etc.

Melo is more talented than Roy. Without question. Melo at his best is better. The problem is Melo is lazy. He doesn't always hustle, hardly plays defense etc. You can't ever say that about Roy.

That was a good post and some great analogies, especially the Pierce vs Allen comparison. Paul Pierce has always been a way better play than Ray... I just cant put Roy in the same breath as Melo though. Roy put up some great all around stats, but Ive always viewed him as a lower tier all star swingman. Was he even better than prime VC or prime Ray Allen? I'd say no. Melo was way better than both of those guys in his prime.

G.O.A.T

All Star
Daps
can't believe there are so many dudes in here actually C/S'ing Roy being better :smh:

and :laff: at someone trying to use "winner" as an argument for picking B-Roy when the Blazers never won sh!t or were never even a higher seed than DEN

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
I guess this is gonna be one of those things where a couple years down the line dumb posters will be talking about how Brandon Roy had GOAT potential if not for injuries :comeon:

His career lasted 4 fukking seasons and he was never a better player than Carmelo Anthony.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
Did a nikka just say Roy is a better rebounder than melo? Melo is one of the best rebounding threes in the league.

Melo is a better scorer, rebounder and better in the clutch, Roy got the edge in defense by a little bit, if you look at the numbers from this melo was avg defensively. Roy is a better playmaker but let's not act like melo is incapable of making the right play.

I noticed that when 75 % of people talk about melo they base everything of reputation and not what they see. Example he is a chucker, doesn't play D, and is selfish all that shyt is false.

Nobody else in the league gets the disrespect that melo gets on a daily basis.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Did a nikka just say Roy is a better rebounder than melo? Melo is one of the best rebounding threes in the league.

Melo is a better scorer, rebounder and better in the clutch, Roy got the edge in defense by a little bit, if you look at the numbers from this melo was avg defensively. Roy is a better playmaker but let's not act like melo is incapable of making the right play.

I noticed that when 75 % of people talk about melo they base everything of reputation and not what they see. Example he is a chucker, doesn't play D, and is selfish all that shyt is false.

Nobody else in the league gets the disrespect that melo gets on a daily basis.

:wow:

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps

It's true though. KG has 7 first round exits people say he was playing against kobe and Duncan.

Melo has 7 first round exits, people call him a loser.

Kobe shoots 30 shots in a elimination game, people call him a warrior say he is the only one who tried.

Melo shoots 30 shots in a elimination game he is a chucker, ball hog, why didn't he pass the ball to Novak and Landry fields.

LeBron, Rondo put up crazy stat lines in the offs. People say OMG that performance was incredible even in a loss.

Melo goes for 42 17 6 with bums. It doesn't matter cause he lost.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If it was a draft I take Melo 10 times out of 10....If I already had an established team with a star already on it. I take ROY.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
:rolleyes: Don't tell me ya'll are about to make Brandon Roy the next T-Mac on here, ya'll know exactly what I'm talkin about

I guess this is gonna be one of those things where a couple years down the line dumb posters will be talking about how Brandon Roy had GOAT potential if not for injuries :comeon:

His career lasted 4 fukking seasons and he was never a better player than Carmelo Anthony.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Melo. But I feel bad for him because he had to play in the west for most of his career which is FAAAAR tougher then the east. It's way easier to advance in that conference then the west when you have to play 50 win championship teams almost from the get go. Same thing with KG.

Roy my nikka but come on now with the revisionist history