Who was a better player: Brandon Roy or Carmelo?

When Healthy, In There Prime, Who Would You Want?

• Brandon Roy

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Carmelo Anthony

Votes: 56 70.9%

• Total voters

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Chris Paul never won. Are you going to call him a loser? It takes a team to win. You can play winning basketball, but never win anything, because your teammates weren't good enough. That doesn't make you less of a winner than someone like a Shannon Brown, who won two rings, by doing nothing, but being on a great team. Are you really going to argue that Brown is a winner, but Paul isn't one?

Malone and Ewing definitely aren't winners. They were both known for their choking.
:comeon:
Any sensible person would stop a comparison between Shannon Brown and Chris Paul before it even started. And I personally think the term "winner", the way it's used, is a shortsighted cliche phrase itself. That's the reason cliches suck. Instead of talking about basketball from an intelligent and knowledgeable basis, people use cliches to save time.

No I wouldn't call Chris Paul a loser. I'd call him a great player. He's the best leader in the league in my opinion. Why? Not because he plays "winning basketball", cause that term isn't quantifiable. He's a great leader because he's the one that will call his teammates together during freethrows to make sure they're on the same page, if his team is behind he's usually leading the comeback. He'll get in the face of any player that fukks with his teammates. He came to the Clippers this year and stayed yelling at his teammates if plays didn't go right and was a teacher on the floor. Those are things I can see and quantify. If someone asked me to detail his legacy thus far I'd say he was a great player and leader who hasn't been in the best situations to win championships. Just like if someone asked me to detail Shannon Brown's legacy thus far I'd say he was an athletically gifted role player who had a limited role on a couple of Lakers championship teams. Cliches are lazy.

If I wanted to play the cliche game couldn't I ask you why Chris Paul's "winning basketball" never lead him to "make his teammates better" and "will them" to championships?

Malone and Ewing definitely aren't winners...they never won anything :snoop:

kash10003

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wtf, melo was so much better than b roy ever was. i swear you nikkas make players underrated to overrated in a quick minute

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
wtf, melo was so much better than b roy ever was. i swear you nikkas make players underrated to overrated in a quick minute
Did you ever watch Roy play? Or did you just watch highlights on sportscenter?

Roy was underrated because his game wasn't flashy and he wasn't a guy that would drop 30 every night.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
wade and Melos numbers were comparable.. but Roy is better... OK??!?!

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
there u go.. and what was prime melo?

27/7/3
melodatazz.png

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
When Melo is on, he's one of very few players that can take over a game. B-Roy was never on that level.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
did u or did u not say wade was much better than Roy?

did u say wade was 28/5/7 guy?

was melo not a 29/7/4 guy?

r those numbers not comparable?

roys best year was 23/5/5
Melo is no where close to Wade's league. Its not even remotely close. Wade was literally better at everything besides shooting. You can compare Wade to Kobe, but you can't with Melo.

Melo was never a 29/7/4 guy. Melo is more of a 26/7/3 type player. With little to no defense. Melo should be the better player. He just doesn't have any of the intangibles that the other players have. That nikka is just flat out lazy.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
wade best year 30 5 6

Melos best year 29 6 4

roys best 23 5 5

again I ask u... was Roy better than melo?

men lie women lie.. numbers don't

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
wade best year 30 5 6

Melos best year 29 6 4

roys best 23 5 5

again I ask u... was Roy better than melo?

men lie women lie.. numbers don't
Pull up KG's and Webber's stats, they look similar. Pull up Carter's and Kobe's stats, they look similar. Pull up Prime Ray Allen's and Prime Pierce' numbers and they look similar, but we all know who the better players were.

KG routinely put up better stats than Duncan, but Duncan was clearly the better player.

Stats do lie. They don't show hustle, who takes off plays, who makes the right decisions etc.

Melo is more talented than Roy. Without question. Melo at his best is better. The problem is Melo is lazy. He doesn't always hustle, hardly plays defense etc. You can't ever say that about Roy.