Who killed WCW produced by The Rock

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even when NWO was at its hottest nobody at Turner except Ted Turner wanted wrestling. Then when he lost control the wolves were freed and you got what you got

None of it keeps from the reality that the people in this doc talking about who killed WCW are the ones who killed it lol, just that both can be true. The network never wanted wrestling even at the peak of the war, the wrestlers/bookers lost 60 mil in one year and that was all she wrote
ok but can i ask you where this narrative comes from the most

can you site a source who isn't one of the culprits i said

if WCW was profitable and delivered ratings, they would have kept that shyt.

hogan is the number one killer. bischoff number two for basically doing whatever hogan wanted. then nash/russo drove it into the ground with their own bullshyt.

if WCW was viable in any way it wouldn't have died the way it did, the culprits are all people that will point fingers and lie.

they had Sting, Goldberg, Bret Hart coming off the Montreal Screwjob/a classic feud with the WWF's biggest star, topped off by Jericho and the Radicalz/Rey to follow them up (most of them ended up being huge part in the next WWE main event era) as their homegrown talents.

they were mismanaged by the people that will lie to us first on this doc, which is why it will be a major waste of time. go find the bobby heenan shoot interview where he talks about how they handled goldberg, that's where it all went entirely off the rails.

Last edited:

Kevin_Nash

2x WWE Hall of Famer
Daps
I’m in just for Big Kev.

Creatively, WCW was in the toilet for the final year and a half, so I just figured I'd go along with the fukkery and enjoy those Turner checks.

But the answer to "Who killed WCW?" is @Scott_Steiner. The ratings don't lie; my final reign as champ, WCW Nitro ratings were 3.5, 3.6, and 3.2. When Scotty Einsteiner was champ, the only episode that was above a 2.5 was the final episode of Nitro when Vince put Old Yeller out of its misery.

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
It was okay so far. I think they sped past some of the monumental moments but with time constraints they kinda had to.

I'm already preparing myself for the pleas copped for throwing Goldberg/Hogan on free TV and the finger poke of doom.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Here we go with Starcade 97' :francis:

Eric been on this bullsh*t narrative for 30 years now, that Sting "wasn't all there" ... the bottom line is Hulk poo-poo'd the finish, even after he was told about it 10 months in advance. Hulk simply did not wanna do the clean finish, even after Eric admitted it had to be a clean finish and nothing else, that final day Hulk still wasn't with it and they had to come up with that garbage finish to soothe Hulk's ego.

bLPLcTi.png

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
That $60 mil was a such a small drop in the bucket compared to some of the larger problems going on at AOL Time Warner
I think a lot of people cannot comprehend how disastrous that merger was for Warner. It was probably the worst move in American corporate history
AOL Time Warner lost $100 billion in 2002. So a full year after WCW failed to exist they lost $100 billion.
But that further proves that once AOL took over, the loss didn't even matter...they legitimately didn't want wrestling. There was no saving wcw...they were getting cancelled. Even at their worst they were solid in their timeslots.

Daps
Reppin
Mile High
Haven't been able to watch this yet...my recording cut off half through, and started back up...so it jumped from eric just becoming executive, to almost the end of the episode, ...I'm going to try to watch in a few hours when I get off work ..