Who killed WCW produced by The Rock

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
That's because when ECW ended, it was still beloved, when WCW ended, people were mostly hate-watching. The last days of WCW was so bad it cancelled out the goodwill the good years had brought. People still loved watching ECW in it's final days.
this..ECW lost all their top talent to WWE & WCW..WCW was just absolutely terrible at the end

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
this..ECW lost all their top talent to WWE & WCW..WCW was just absolutely terrible at the end
Even with that, Paul Heyman was really good at creating new stars who become just as over as the ones he lost. He loses Shane Douglas, Dean Malenko, Saturn, Eddie Guerrorro, Rey Mysterio, Raven; he pushes Taz, Sandman, Tommy Dreamer, Super Crazy, RVD, the Dudleys, Sabu, Mikey Whipwreck. He loses Taz & the Dudleys. he pushes Justin Credible, Lance Storm, Mike Awesome, Tajiri, and the bWo.

ECW never had a period where they were missing stars. The new people that get pushed become just as popular.

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
Maybe it's just me but it's interesting that WCW and ECW got dismantled around the same time period but most people always look back on ECW with fondness and delight and we still scream "E-C-DUB!" to this very day yet when most people look back at WCW its out of sadness and confusion especially during the last couple of chaotic years... I never heard a "DUB-C-DUB!" chant a day in my life.

ECW was still in high demand. It was a mom and pop deli that had Subway demands and couldn't keep up

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Maybe it's just me but it's interesting that WCW and ECW got dismantled around the same time period but most people always look back on ECW with fondness and delight and we still scream "E-C-DUB!" to this very day yet when most people look back at WCW its out of sadness and confusion especially during the last couple of chaotic years... I never heard a "DUB-C-DUB!" chant a day in my life.
ECW was still trying to give their fanbase something of value, whether it was story lines, pushing new talent like Justin Credible, Kid Kash, Tajiri, Steve Corino, Ryno, etc. They were still showing effort. They still wanted to produce stories, good wrestling, hardcore wrestling, hot women, etc. ECW came crashing down when they tried to get on TNN and it failed hard, Paul had little choice but to sell and go work for Vince. They still had an audience that just never went away. See 'One Night Stand'

On the other hand, with WCW I was there before Hogan turned heel, all through 96, and 97, by 98 I was tapping out on WCW, the sh*t was unwatchable. They had taken a big sh*t on their southern rassling fans and continued to do so with stunts like the fingerpoke. WCW became an absolute sh*t show and it was embarrassing. By 01-02 I was done with wrestling completely.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
ECW was still trying to give their fanbase something of value, whether it was story lines, pushing new talent like Justin Credible, Kid Kash, Tajiri, Steve Corino, Ryno, etc. They were still showing effort. They still wanted to produce stories, good wrestling, hardcore wrestling, hot women, etc. ECW came crashing down when they tried to get on TNN and it failed hard, Paul had little choice but to sell and go work for Vince. They still had an audience that just never went away. See 'One Night Stand'

On the other hand, with WCW I was there before Hogan turned heel, all through 96, and 97, by 98 I was tapping out on WCW, the sh*t was unwatchable. They had taken a big sh*t on their southern rassling fans and continued to do so with stunts like the fingerpoke. WCW became an absolute sh*t show and it was embarrassing. By 01-02 I was done with wrestling completely.
And Heyman was terrible from the financial side of things. Just absolutely fukking clueless with that stuff.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Absolutely. He might have been responsible for the highs (not my opinion as I think the next original/good wrestling idea Bischoff has would be the first one) but he likes to wash his hands of enabling Hogan and all the other stupid shyt that happened.

Bischoff is as dumb as Russo and engages in arguably more double-talk than Dave. The fact that he likes to pretend he is some kind of wrestling genius. He wanted to be a real tv executive not a carny wrangler so he kept trying to shoehorn television norms into wrestling in the most perfunctory ways.

To get an idea of how creatively bankrupt he is and really hammer home the fact that he wasn't the carny wrangler as much as he became one of carnys id highly recommend The Lapsed Fans' coverage of Hogan’s TNA run.
Thats why i scoff at his podcast and his opinions..guy is a trip. He got a little two cents to say about everything..wtf

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
They got dismantled because they had ZERO ANSWERS for the Rock and Austin.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I think if you were to answer the question, "who killed WCW?" it would have to be a breakdown like the following:

Bischoff 37%
Hogan and his contract 20%
The rise of the WWF Attitude era 14%
Booking 8%
Vince Russo 9%

etc etc

(I just threw some random numbers up there, but ya'll get the point)

I don't think the answer to the question is one answer only.