Who killed WCW produced by The Rock

drifter

Superstar
Daps
yeah. I already said at the end of the day the reason why WCW failed to maintain success against WWF, regardless of any network, any executives, any anything was

Hoegan failure to let go of the top spot, Eric is the #1 complicit person in it because he yes manned his ass till they left, but if Hoegan wasn't doing Hoegan bullshyt things would have played out far different at the very least.

no one at TNT made the ratings drop, that was their own doing. no one at TNT made them go from profitable to a money sink, that was their own doing.
Like Stu (I think that's his name) said, he wrapped it up for me answering if he conspired to get it dirt cheap

We know now from this doc when WCW died the first time execs wanted out for good. When it came back because Ted wanted wrestling, they want nothing to do with the business and fought him even when they were beating the dog shyt out of Vince

01 comes around. For them to be around ratings good or not, they needed a backer on the business side and somebody like Vince going in there and telling Hogan, Nash, Lex, Hall, Flair etc what's going to happen or where they can go. Ted couldn't see he didn't own his own company anymore and they didn't have Vince keeping shyt in check, just a bunch of guys collecting checks

But right now, especially after this, is probably the best time for the industry to do what it hasn't in 30+ years and finally move past the 90s/Attitude era. But they won't, too many of em still kicking and need checks and the adults in the business that were kids never matured past that age. Imagine Microsoft still talking about Windows NT in 2024 :heh:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like Stu (I think that's his name) said, he wrapped it up for me answering if he conspired to get it dirt cheap

We know now from this doc when WCW died the first time execs wanted out for good. When it came back because Ted wanted wrestling, they want nothing to do with the business and fought him even when they were beating the dog shyt out of Vince

01 comes around. For them to be around ratings good or not, they needed a backer on the business side and somebody like Vince going in there and telling Hogan, Nash, Lex, Hall, Flair etc what's going to happen or where they can go. Ted couldn't see he didn't own his own company anymore and they didn't have Vince keeping shyt in check, just a bunch of guys collecting checks

But right now, especially after this, is probably the best time for the industry to do what it hasn't in 30+ years and finally move past the 90s/Attitude era. But they won't, too many of em still kicking and need checks and the adults in the business that were kids never matured past that age. Imagine Microsoft still talking about Windows NT in 2024 :heh:
AEW was the best chance and they redoing 90s/attitude era shyt with goofy authority angles.

even New Japan bookers are fans of that era.

it is what it is, but you can't rehash it, you can't recreate magic of the rock and austin vs. hoegan and Goldberg (and every other star from the past decade WCW had on their roster) the older stars don't even exist to go up against to recreate that shyt now.

whatever. i'll just continue to dip in and out for cool matches, but it's sad shyt isn't better. it has every right to be.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Word is Bischoff recruited people for it so if he's playing casting director for Dwayne then there's your answer

I don't think it was that great but worth watching just to see/hear from people you would've never. Siegel, that Stu guy that helped WWF close the deal, Madusa, the office woman, Neil Pruitt, Turner business employees, etc and the exclusive footage throughout was great

Beyond that there was too many lies or "it's been so long I only have moments", ego, & bros going around to be good source material. But I don't think they were going for that anyway so hey
No Sting interview? Why is Booker and Flair so mad? I want to hear who Steiner blames for it being over.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I finally got around to the last episode, kinda lost interest not gonna lie.

I definitely believe Vince got the inside scoop for that deal, they were trying to bundle WCW with TV rights to keep it on TV and once Vince heard that they wanted to pull WCW off TV permanently, he removed that from the deal and paid $4.3M for it. Even Jericho says he would've bought it for that price.

Even Bischoff said he "leans that way" that there was some insider scoop/foul play involved.

The WCW execs were used to a TV show having poor ratings, not bringing in money, pull the plug and move on to the next one. Once they saw the money WCW was losing they probably fell off their chairs and couldn't wait to pull the plug on that sh*t ASAP.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Just watched this in full

Was good

Brad siegel is a smug fukk and nash was correct.

Bischoff got a good lil story out of rewriting history lol Whatever truth is, its this now. Thank dwayne. Not surprised hogan didnt interview, or flair.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: R=G

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Man if somebody don’t get Eric ass off this site :what:
Man…I was about to say.

He beat Lex’s ass that entire fight, then got the belt back 5 days later.

He lost to Piper in a non-title fight.

Losing to the hottest thing in wrestling doesn’t mean much when it was inevitable.

He beat sting’s ass the entire match. And then Sting did fine when they finally gave him the belt.

And lol at dude trying to act like 90s Warrior wasn’t terrible. That Halloween havoc match was insanely bad.
Who said warrior wasnt terrible.

Yall such marks you cant even read correctly

Warrior was brought in for wcws biggest pov to give hogan his the biggest payday of the era. He was brought in for ppv buys. Lets be reality for a second isntead of marks. If he was wrestling for the belt itd be “he wont let go”. He wrestles warrior and jay leno and its for all alterior motives lmao.

Hogan lost 50% of his matches in wcw. Its easy to look up.

Now we bringing up who dominating in matches? How the heels pretended they didnt lose. Omg 6’5” hulk dominated 5’10” bret hart? How??? Asking for bans over wrestling history lessons?

Like i said. Marks. Marks still mad over TNA. Even worse.

Yall boy dwayne just rewrote history for bisch.

Last edited:

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Just got around to watching all 4 parts. Good insight to the rise and fall, interesting look at it after all these years. I was a big WCW fan in the late 90s, Goldberg was my intro. it was more family friendly than WWF for me as an 8 yr old at the time. My parents ain’t allow me and my brother to watch wrestling so we used to sneak lmao

I got pics of us throwing up Wolfpack, I still have my original WCW/NWO Revenge for N64.

Now that I watched the doc, I’m realizing I watched wrestling closely for two years max. I have no recollection of the Vince Eusso era on WCW. By the time they changed the logo, I had stopped watching