Who killed WCW produced by The Rock

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Bischoff alluded to it on one of the podcast, he said it without saying it. After that I KINDA got it, put an entire year into this storyline and now you're a junkie? How can we rely on you?
Being a drunk or on pills has rarely prevented someone from being successful in wrestling. The issue is that Bischoff and Hogan have done so much mind-boggling "that's not gonna work for me brother" fukk shyt that they don't really deserve the benefit of the doubt. It's a little too convenient. Sting could have come back looking like fukking Ronnie Coleman and there's still just as good a chance Hogan wouldn't have wanted to do the job.

Last edited:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Can we stop pretending that BRET HART had anything to do with WCW dying? There's a reason WWF wasn't drawing when he was on top. He wasn't that guy

To all the new wrestling fans, particularly kids, tuning unto WWF in 98-99, and there were a lot of them, they needed as few stale, boring gimmicks as possible. "I'm a top competitor in this great sport of ours" and "Canadian guy who criticizes America" were wrasslin type gimmicks that the Attitude Era thrived in getting away from.
I wasn’t a bret fan growing up because I was a Shawn guy and mostly only saw WCW Bret. But on rewatch he changed my opinion of himself.

If you’re gonna blame Bret Hart for “not drawing” then you also gotta blame HBK, Taker, and it’s not like Austin wasn’t around in 97.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation

Booker T is Pissed at Bischoff and Hoegan

giphy.gif

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn, this is only 4 episodes?

On the Goldberg spearing Russo thing, I think Konnan is probably pretty neutral on this and he said Goldberg came up to him and some guys before that and said "watch what I do to Russo tonight"

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Nah, Bret was saying it for years and Goldberg went on hella interviews apologizing for it. Then it got to a point where he just went :pacspit:

Goldberg is a bytch and a no talent... :manny: The only reason he was brought back is because McMahon was out of ideas.... it didn't help the product at all. It didn't sell one fukking show :mjlol:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
eric was nothing more than a big mark that hogan was able to play like a fiddle...hogan couldnt do that to vince if he tried because carnies cant work another carny like that

the only thing ill give eric his props on and he deserves this 100 percent was letting the cruisers do their thing on TV

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
They should make a documentary on why the fukk TNA hired Bischoff and Hogan 15 years later.

There's a podcast called The Lapsed Fan that covered the entire Hogan/Bischoff era of TNA from beginning to end. It's long as fukk... I didn't get through all of it and there was some cac humor I didn't care for but it was VERY detailed... they pulled up all types of interviews and shyt from the time, it's worth the listen. It all basically just boiled down to Dixie Carter being a complete fool though lol

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I do kind of have to laugh at the fact that Bret and Goldberg were friendly for years, and then it seems like one day, out of the blue, Bret woke up and thought to himself, "You know what? fukk Bill Goldberg! :pacspit:" and he's been on that same energy since then. It's one of those things where I can 100% understand Bret's POV, but Goldberg has apologized and has been remorseful about the botched kick for over two decades now. It's been entertaining though.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I do kind of have to laugh at the fact that Bret and Goldberg were friendly for years, and then it seems like one day, out of the blue, Bret woke up and thought to himself, "You know what? fukk Bill Goldberg! :pacspit:" and he's been on that same energy since then.

From what I recall Goldberg stopped taking blame for it. People act like Bret did a complete 180... he didn't. Bret was trying to be the bigger man all those years and say things like "Goldberg wasn't properly trained... give him a break" but when Goldberg stopped taking blame and tried to shift more of the blame to Bret and say "get over it" then Bret went nuclear on him.

Even in this documentary you can see that Goldberg is a piece of shyt.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I wasn’t a bret fan growing up because I was a Shawn guy and mostly only saw WCW Bret. But on rewatch he changed my opinion of himself.

If you’re gonna blame Bret Hart for “not drawing” then you also gotta blame HBK, Taker, and it’s not like Austin wasn’t around in 97.
Bret held down the fort during a very rough time in WWF
The business was already starting to decline following WM 5 and the decline continued after Warrior got the belt at WM 6.
The steroid trial was nearly a killer for WWF. Granted, it was one of the reasons Bret got moved to the main event scene as soon as he did as he wasn't so obviously juiced as some other guys
Between the beginning of 1992 and Survivor Series 1992 (Bret's first PPV main event as WWF Champion) the WWF lost:
Hogan (famously came back briefly in 93 to fukk over Bret & Yoko but was gone for good fairly shortly after)
Ultimate Warrior (was actually supposed to headline Survivor Series 1992 and got fired shortly before the event)
British Bulldog (won IC Championship vs Bret in SummerSlam 1992 closer)
Sid Justice (who headlined WM 8 vs Hogan)
Roddy Piper
Jake the Snake
Road Warriors

That was a ton of star power they lost and you had guys like Bret, Shawn and Taker holding it down for years until Austin and later Rock came along and completely changed the trajectory of the business. The roster was just not very good at all during the New Generation days. Just an unreal amount of wack wrestlers with trash gimmicks.
Bret was a main event player having feuds with Doink, Isaac Yankem, Bob Backlund, etc :scusthov:
Mabel had a main event run :scust:

From what I recall Goldberg stopped taking blame for it. People act like Bret did a complete 180... he didn't. Bret was trying to be the bigger man all those years and say things like "Goldberg wasn't properly trained... give him a break" but when Goldberg stopped taking blame and tried to shift more of the blame to Bret and say "get over it" then Bret went nuclear on him.

Even in this documentary you can see that Goldberg is a piece of shyt.

Nah, Bret lost his shyt once he saw those Saudi checks Goldberg was getting lol
That's basically where this renewed bitterness comes from
Bret salty he missed out on millions of dollars from that kick