Who killed WCW produced by The Rock

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sting said in his Christian documentary that he was high as fukk. On drugs and shyt during Starcade 97. Hogan and EB never came publically to say that. I guess for respect for Sting
Bischoff alluded to it on one of the podcast, he said it without saying it. After that I KINDA got it, put an entire year into this storyline and now you're a junkie? How can we rely on you?

The Rainmaker

Mr. Money in the Bank
Daps
I wasn't as mad at this episode as I thought. They immediately painted Russo as a retarded clown, as they should.

One thing that bothered me was that Russo said giving Arquette the belt was Tony Schiavone's idea. That's not what they told in the Nitro book.

Nzuzk84.png

They interviewed the guy who wrote the book and didn't make him contradict that.

Fukk the Rock for paying Russo to appear on the show, though. Unless he paid him with unsold Black Adam merch.

"I almost got killed, bro". lol

Last edited:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I wasn't as mad at this episode as I thought. They immediately painted Russo as a retarded clown, as they should.

One thing that bothered me was that Russo said giving Arquette the belt was Tony Schiavone's idea. That's not what they told in the Nitro book.

Nzuzk84.png

They interviewed the guy who wrote the book and didn't make him contradict that.

Fukk the Rock for paying Russo to appear on the show, though. Unless he paid him with unsold Black Adam merch.

"I almost got killed, bro". lol
Russo is definitely one of those a$$holes that'll put words in other people's mouths when an idea doesn't go over the right way.

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
Man episode 3 felt like a bunch of managers arguing about messed up shift :mjlol:

Vince Russo was a product of his time he borrowed from the crash TV formula of the 90s and was unable to pivot from that. Yeah he helped cultivate the midcard and helped to develop the new blood/Millionaire club angle but he drove away millions of people.

I hated the fact that they tiptoed around Booker-T winning the belt. Booker himself was the only cat on there that told it like it was. Looking back Booker should of been the one to beat Goldberg.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Russo's told the story different so many times it's hard to believe. Before it was he told Vince how it was going to go. Vince wanted SD & Russo wanted more money + to move to Indiana for his wife & kids. Vince didn't want either for him so he went to WCW. Here, Russo's crying in his office bc Vince drove him into a breakdown and made him leave

Except he didn't bring up here the day he accepted WCW's deal, Raw that night was a stone's throw away from his house. Instead of going in to talk to the guy he respected so much, he called in & blindsided him

And I don't believe the midcarders looked at him as a savior as much as getting more time from him than Sullivan. They knew what was going on & knew they were never going to get guaranteed money like the top of the card which is why they jumped.

There's also no mention of the large amount of racism going on around this time. Russo not wanting to apparently push n words so idk how he came to terms on Booker. Or the racist chinese menu Russo made during "creative meetings", none of Bishoff's either, head power plant trainers treating black trainees harsher than the whites & calling them slurs, Turner settling lawsuits out of court. Not that I expected to see any of it, it just would've been accurate since we're going down memory lane anyway :ehh:

Last edited:

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Siegel brought Eric back to fill the Vince McMahon roll of filtering Russo and the big idea was splitting the roster into factions....what he already did with the NWO :mjlol:

Eric was good at selling himself but didn't know nearly as much as he let on, he was good at TV and had NWO. Besides that, Vince McMahon grew up in this shyt and knew infinitely more. Then when NWO was finished Bischoff was too, "I didn't see the harm in a movie actor winning my top title" lmao. Everything except the boys wanting to stay on top was a wrap

drifter

Superstar
Daps
that pop when Booker won the title still gives me chills
That's why people on here calling him "Booker Tom" because they don't agree with him are fukking goofy

He went through more racism dealing with those crackers those 8 years I'd bet than anybody talking shyt. That good ol boy shyt was way worse back then.

You can probably still get a whiff of it but nowadays Ugly Redd is standing in wrestling rings for pops & fans can't wait to get behind somebody and tell them "you deserve it". It wasn't going to happen for him no matter who wanted it if Russo wasn't there. Again, he's a racist shytbag too but he at least did one good thing while he was sinking the whole company lol

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can we stop pretending that BRET HART had anything to do with WCW dying? There's a reason WWF wasn't drawing when he was on top. He wasn't that guy

To all the new wrestling fans, particularly kids, tuning unto WWF in 98-99, and there were a lot of them, they needed as few stale, boring gimmicks as possible. "I'm a top competitor in this great sport of ours" and "Canadian guy who criticizes America" were wrasslin type gimmicks that the Attitude Era thrived in getting away from.