Who killed WCW produced by The Rock

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sting said in his Christian documentary that he was high as fukk. On drugs and shyt during Starcade 97. Hogan and EB never came publically to say that. I guess for respect for Sting

They've implied it if you read between the lines, the tan thing is a way of saying "he wasn't taking care of himself". Idk if it's true, but it's clear that Bischoff is implying Sting was drinking heavy/doing pills, not that he wasn't going to the beach enough.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I believe Bischoff when it came to dealing with those AOL snobs but him becoming a mark for the boys while it brought heat exposed his whole hand because they clearly had no clue on what to do after Starcade 97.

They literally tried to rehash the Powers Explode with Hogan and Savage :snoop:

Two NWO factions worked though. They didn't end it properly with Wolfpac going over in Wargames and Hogan taking a break, but Wolfpac vs Black and White got over.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't believe Nash started booking until after Fingerpoke of Doom.

I mean, I wasn't back there, but according to everyone that knows the facts it started at least a month after, this show presented it like Nash booked himself to beat Goldberg though

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps
the-radicalz.jpg
I remembered seeing this and thinking to myself, "What is Saturn, of all people, doing wearing a leather Kufi?"

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Despite my better judgement, I went ahead and watched this and it’s not bad

My takeaway are Vince Russo is delusional and has yet to take accountability for his terrible booking decisions

Eric bischoff swears he did no wrong and was unfairly fired for overpaying all them ex WWE guys. This dude was throwing money around to fit in with the “boys” but let him tell it he was doing a good job

Both of them dudes were terrible at their jobs and they were living off the one really good idea they had in the past.

Brett hart is a miserable old man that felt stupid for leaving WWE too late and missed the best year or too wcw had. I’ve never seen this dude happy

But we all knew WCW failed because the excuses didn’t want it to succeed. They hired all the wrong people and they had no business running a wrestling company. If the NWO didn’t hit they would have went out of business much sooner

The Rainmaker

Mr. Money in the Bank
Daps
you recommend this book? i’ve been meaning to read it for a while. i already read the death of wcw book (which had too much damn ratings talk in it)

If you didn't like the ratings talk in Death of WCW you probably won't like Nitro. It has more of a journalistic approach to the subject, with even more talk of business background (What was happening in Turner behind the scenes)

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Sting said in his Christian documentary that he was high as fukk. On drugs and shyt during Starcade 97. Hogan and EB never came publically to say that. I guess for respect for Sting
Yea i have never seen any of them really acknowledge it axcept nash and bisch

He left ripped and tan. Came back pale and skinny as fukk.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Brett hart is a miserable old man that felt stupid for leaving WWE too late and missed the best year or too wcw had. I’ve never seen this dude happy
You're right he's a miserable old man but wrong too. Bret got a WCW offer and went back to Vince with it, he either matched or came close enough and Bret stayed. Vince then regretted signing him, told Bret he couldn't afford him and to go to WCW lol. If Bret had his way and Vince honored agreements, he would've never been in WCW

Bischoff's admitted several times over the years he didn't know what to do with him, it wasn't his money and he was just signing people for pops. Funny how all these years later we've got a similar situation with another company, folks just getting signed and not knowing how to/caring how they're used.

But we all knew WCW failed because the excuses didn’t want it to succeed. They hired all the wrong people and they had no business running a wrestling company. If the NWO didn’t hit they would have went out of business much sooner
It was telling the boss is telling you to help the company and the execs are fighting him. That was the bright red warning sign years before the AOL merger

Bischoff got a few stars to jump ship & got them NWO so I can't say that didn't work out, at least early on. Then when the wheels fell off on him they hired who they & everybody else thought was the major factor in WWF beating them, there wasn't anyway to know he'd kill you until you brought him in. You can't blame the execs for Russo either. When they started being the tie breaker between Russo & Bischoff instead of firing both and getting somebody else....yeah that's on them. But by then they were over wrestling anyway

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I remember that by 1998 I was on my last legs with WCW, by 1999 - 2000 I was gone but I was still watching WWF. One night I turn to Nitro and see Russo going to the ring in a "Pope Mobile" looking car, I just shook my head and changed the channel. By the time WCW went out of business, and we got to 2002, I was pretty much done with wrestling and haven't been back since.

What I remember about Russo's reign was all that gimmicky sh*t that was on TV, Norman Smiley going to the ring in football gear, hockey gear, etc, Mike Awesome being a pimp, all that sh*t they were doing with food, it seemed like every night someone was having food thrown on them, all that gimmicky sh*t for someone who came up with the early 90s wrestling was god awful and made no sense to me.

One night I turned to Nitro and they were doing that "powers that be" angle where you couldn't see who was calling the shots .... all that Russo sh*t was f*cking unwatchable. This last episode was tough to get through because it brought back all those memories, Nitro was f*cking awful in its last days, I mean truly f*cking god awful television, holy sh*t.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
By the time the 2000s came along and shoot interviews started to hit the internet, I always heard the same thing about Vince Russo. He would throw 20 ideas at Vince McMahon, and Vince would pick 2 and cross out the rest. That's why Russo got this reputation of being a "creative genius" because he had Vince as a filter.

Imagine you have 30 songs written, but Quincy Jones is filtering out the good ones, and tells you that 3 of them are hits. You gonna look like a great artist after you run with 3 and dump the rest, that's kinda what Russo was under Vince's watch.

I remember years ago listening to Jim Cornette recount a story that happened during creative, and he said something like "Vince McMahon turned to Russo and said, you can't do that on television for A, B, and C reasons, and Russo had no clue what he was talking about, he just didn't get it....Vince would polish up his ideas and made them digestible for the audience." Russo didn't have that in WCW and it showed.