Who killed WCW produced by The Rock

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
There's a podcast called The Lapsed Fan that covered the entire Hogan/Bischoff era of TNA from beginning to end. It's long as fukk... I didn't get through all of it and there was some cac humor I didn't care for but it was VERY detailed... they pulled up all types of interviews and shyt from the time, it's worth the listen. It all basically just boiled down to Dixie Carter being a complete fool though lol
Dixie has to be one of the all time dumbest people in wrestling. I don't get how you interact with any of the three of Russo, Bischoff, and Hogan and think its a good idea to do business with them post-WCW, let alone all three! Then you have Bischoff trying to shoehorn all his garbage tv ideas and double dipping and having Jason Hervey around just pure idiocy. Theyve had probably two good wrestling ideas between the three of them.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Nah, Bret lost his shyt once he saw those Saudi checks Goldberg was getting lol
That's basically where this renewed bitterness comes from
Bret salty he missed out on millions of dollars from that kick

I've seen Goldberg's tune change in real time :comeon:
Nah dude is right..Goldberg’s tone never switched up on Bret until Bret kept talking shyt. Bret saw them Saudi checks Bill was getting and got VERY bitter..

Goldberg went on interviews and apologized over and over again and kept saying how bad he felt for a few years until he just got fed up and said “Man :pacspit:

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Dixie has to be one of the all time dumbest people in wrestling. I don't get how you interact with any of the three of Russo, Bischoff, and Hogan and think its a good idea to do business with them post-WCW, let alone all three! Then you have Bischoff trying to shoehorn all his garbage tv ideas and double dipping and having Jason Hervey around just pure idiocy. Theyve had probably two good wrestling ideas between the three of them.
Probably because she didn't come from it. Her folks bought Jerry Jarrett out in like 02 then gave her something to do & made her president in 03, Russo had already been there almost a year. We're talking 2 of the greatest salesmen in the history of the business (Hogan, Bischoff) and a guy that weaseled his way into Vince McMahon's staff vs Nashville Dixie lol.

Eric, Dixie, Tony, what do all 3 have in common? None came from wrestling, none have any idea what goes into planning continuous weekly TV, none could say no to the boys or to being characters on TV.

Dixie was forcing the knockouts out of the makeup chair so she could get done up to sign autographs :dead:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Had completely forgot that Sting & Hogan had a title match on Nitro

Of course the ending is the same as always in WCW :beli:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Throwing away Hogan vs bret on nitro only for 10 mins, also cowardly Hoegan being the dominant one in the bret match and the sting matches:scust:
One of many Hoegan bytchmade moves
Honestly I think him changing the finish to WW3 mid-match and completely shytting all over Macho's first WCW title win was the worst.
Macho was such a fukking pro for taking that in stride on camera cause I would've decked Hoegan's bytch ass right then and there.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I wasn’t a bret fan growing up because I was a Shawn guy and mostly only saw WCW Bret. But on rewatch he changed my opinion of himself.

If you’re gonna blame Bret Hart for “not drawing” then you also gotta blame HBK, Taker, and it’s not like Austin wasn’t around in 97.
Right, business was in the shytter in general; Bret and HBK were put in their spots to keep the ship steady so it didn't go overboard. Like obviously neither of those guys are true "aces" but you can't really blame them for the state of business. That was above their heads.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Bret was put in that spot because he was an international star. WWF was trying to book shows in Europe and Bret was a massive star in Europe. That's also the reason why him and Bulldog got the main event in England at SummerSlam. Bulldog was a star in his own country but Bret was an even bigger star all over Europe. So putting the two together made sense and to this day it's one of the highest selling shows WWE has ever run in terms of ticket sales.

After about 1993 or so Bret really didn't have many people to work with. The steroid trial and everyone else leaving was a big issue. Bret actually took some time off in I believe '95 or '96 and the company got even worse..

But then in '97 the Bret/Austin feud got WWF rolling again. That was the spark of the Attitude Era. Even Stone Cold himself credits Bret for helping usher in a new era and helping him get over. Because before that Austin was just the "Ringmaster"....

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Bret was put in that spot because he was an international star. WWF was trying to book shows in Europe and Bret was a massive star in Europe. That's also the reason why him and Bulldog got the main event in England at SummerSlam. Bulldog was a star in his own country but Bret was an even bigger star all over Europe. So putting the two together made sense and to this day it's one of the highest selling shows WWE has ever run in terms of ticket sales.

After about 1993 or so Bret really didn't have many people to work with. The steroid trial and everyone else leaving was a big issue. Bret actually took some time off in I believe '95 or '96 and the company got even worse..

But then in '97 the Bret/Austin feud got WWF rolling again. That was the spark of the Attitude Era. Even Stone Cold himself credits Bret for helping usher in a new era and helping him get over. Because before that Austin was just the "Ringmaster"....
That's why I wish Bischoff was more honest and not so far up Hulk's ass. Bret was huge internationally and Meltzer was even speaking about how the Bret signing would play a big part in helping WCW get more of a foothold in Canada and internationally. Then they fukked it all up by not properly featuring Bret and killing all off his momentum. Makes me wonder how much of the plans was due to Hulk and Nash in his ear playing political games.

And yeah word was that when Bret took his breaks it was in part because he thought Shawn would self sabotage having to carry the company and it would open Vince's eyes that he should be the top guy and not Shawn. As much shyt as Bret gets for not being a draw business tanked much worse with Diesel on top and was slightly worse with Shawn as champ so it's clear Bret wasn't the problem.