Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Aldis Hodge is my nikka :myman:
BLACKPANTHERpaint-TChalla.jpg
This

Out of all the "new" crop of black actors, he's the only one that has the "look"

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
The black problems every single one of these black movie are about civil rights, in some shape of form, it's like every black film has to be a civils right films or biopic about a civil rights person

people are fascinated with black people, w should use it to our advantage, the problem is a lot of brehs out here losing they swag, black people are losing their identity in america

a movie with all black cast can appeal to worldwide audience if its good and interesting, nikkaz got make something great, we don't get the luxury of being mediocre

if Will Smith would have been in the Matrix, that would be a movie serious with an majority black cast, that isn't a quote on quote black movie

Coming to America was not a black movie, the comedy isn't even black style comedy, its just a black cast, and you can tell it was written by a white person

so they will do it because it is profitable

steve mcqueen did that 12 years a slave, shyt don't even have a plot, it's not a movie, the book gave insight to a man's horrific experience, but its not a movie

he could've made a movie about Fredrick Douglas, whos auto biograhy was much more interesting and his story is far greater

we don't even need the white audience, what need is production, skills pay bills, gotta raise the bar

I agree with most of all of this, but in this political economy, we have to be honest about where financing comes from. Unfortunately we live in a nasty oppressive capitalist nation that thrives on profits on mass media culture that favors white, Eurocentricity...my only issue is the financing part; we can start a grassroots movement that increases financing for black films across multiple genres, but it has to be widespread.

The only reason I want the white audiences is because of their money; they also need to see real black stories and life so as to erase ridiculous stereotypes and change ideas

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The black problems every single one of these black movie are about civil rights, in some shape of form, it's like every black film has to be a civils right films or biopic about a civil rights person

people are fascinated with black people, w should use it to our advantage, the problem is a lot of brehs out here losing they swag, black people are losing their identity in america

a movie with all black cast can appeal to worldwide audience if its good and interesting, nikkaz got make something great, we don't get the luxury of being mediocre

if Will Smith would have been in the Matrix, that would be a movie serious with an majority black cast, that isn't a quote on quote black movie

Coming to America was not a black movie, the comedy isn't even black style comedy, its just a black cast, and you can tell it was written by a white person

so they will do it because it is profitable

steve mcqueen did that 12 years a slave, shyt don't even have a plot, it's not a movie, the book gave insight to a man's horrific experience, but its not a movie

he could've made a movie about Fredrick Douglas, whos auto biograhy was much more interesting and his story is far greater

we don't even need the white audience, what need is production, skills pay bills, gotta raise the bar

co-sign!

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with most of all of this, but in this political economy, we have to be honest about where financing comes from. Unfortunately we live in a nasty oppressive capitalist nation that thrives on profits on mass media culture that favors white, Eurocentricity...my only issue is the financing part; we can start a grassroots movement that increases financing for black films across multiple genres, but it has to be widespread.

The only reason I want the white audiences is because of their money; they also need to see real black stories and life so as to erase ridiculous stereotypes and change ideas

Will Smith produced After Earth himself, it's not impossible, he didn't do well but he can try again

like I said anything thats good and has style will win, I haven't been impressed with none of this shyt in recent years, I'ma check out the guardians of the galaxy just to see how it compares with the vision I'm writing, but I already know it will be overrated, because after watching the trailer and reading reviews I still don't know what the film is about

Juven

All Star
Daps
hollywood has struggled to launch stars, period. same pool of actors for every fukking film.

Daps
I say ryan coogler

I liked Fruitvale Station, but Spike had 40 acres and a mule and a partnerships to release heat consistently. Coogler doesn't have that pull.

Honestly (and at the same time, sadly) the closest thing we have is Tyler Perry. Unfortunately, he's such a shyt film maker. I really wish he would sit back and play rainmaker to a guy or guys like Coogler.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
Let's keep it 100. The new crop of Black Actors fail in comparison to the previous generation. I'm not saying they are terrible I'm just saying the Previous Class was just so impressive, so superior. They won't be topped for awhile. Good luck to these young black brotha's though. There is no "Next" Denzel. Denzel is Denzel. He's a Legend.
this. just like they'll never be another Michael Jackson or Jordan. times have changed. everything is so dispensable these days. hot today forgotten about tomorrow

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It's not just black men; it's minorities in general. Hollywood cinema is shooting themselves in the foot by refusing to turn minorities into stars and refusing to do mainstream movies with interracial couples at the forefront. Hollywood can't make money off a Jennifer Lawrence-Michael B Jordan rom-com?

:patrice:

idk breh i think julia styles ran the interracial genre into the ground in the early 00s

and i'm not giving boseman props until he does a non bio flick and impresses me

i guess jordan is our only hope

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Another thing is that a lot of black actors still are on that old school hood movie/ black oppression biopic shyt that they can never see themselves in any better or more ambitious roles. Superhero movies are THE blockbuster movies in this day and age.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Another thing is that a lot of black actors still are on that old school hood movie/ black oppression biopic shyt that they can never see themselves in any better or more ambitious roles. Superhero movies are THE blockbuster movies in this day and age.

Because black talent never collabs cross genre

Spike Lee should be directing actions movie with michael jai white doing the stunt choreography being producd by Will Smith
with the script written by the Underworld nikka

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Because black talent never collabs cross genre

Spike Lee should be directing actions movie with michael jai white doing the stunt choreography being producd by Will Smith
with the script written by the Underworld nikka

Or find a new generation of black actors in the indie circuit to have the balls and creativity to make a film like that.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Or find a new generation of black actors in the indie circuit to have the balls and creativity to make a film like that.

They don't have to act in it, they just have to create

Will Smith can get the funds, look at the budget on after earth, instead of making that shyt, he could've made a movie directd by spike lee, written by the underworld nikka who is better than him at writing screenplays
michael J white could create the fight scenes, Wesley Snipes can design the costumes and weapons, shyt would look dope, it wouldn't matter who was acting it

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
They don't have to act in it, they just have to create

Will Smith can get the funds, look at the budget on after earth, instead of making that shyt, he could've made a movie directd by spike lee, written by the underworld nikka who is better than him at writing screenplays
michael J white could create the fight scenes, Wesley Snipes can design the costumes and weapons, shyt would look dope, it wouldn't matter who was acting it

Youth always moved the major industries. We can't rely on baby boomer black actors anymore. We need Gen Y to step up and make all kinds of new shyt to keep the public interested in seeing new films.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Youth always moved the major industries. We can't rely on baby boomer black actors anymore. We need Gen Y to step up and make all kinds of new shyt to keep the public interested in seeing new films.

That's not true, you think they got rookies making them marvel movie

there will always need new faces, but the fact those guys have never worked together is what the problem is

finding actors ain't hard, especially for blockbuster type films