Who Is The New Denzel? Hollywood Struggles To Launch Next Black Stars

mr x

Superstar
Daps
Only heard of Winston

List seems forced

Thought it was just me, I know I’m not tied into the acting scene at all but absolutely none of those names rang a bell outside of Winston and Letitia and even then, are they really getting play, have they landed stuff outside of BP?

Edit: I forgot she did have a black mirror episode, one of the best episodes actually

I think that's what they were going for.

They are highlighting talented prospects they think can break thru...so many wouldn't know them....same as many wouldn't know 5 star highschool recruits unless they paid attention.

He has next

Yea, he the truth. He gon' kill beale street.

I'm repeating myself...but I hope spike casts him as Nightwatch :banderas:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I think that's what they were going for.

They are highlighting talented prospects they think can break thru...so many wouldn't know them....same as many wouldn't know 5 star highschool recruits unless they paid attention.

Yea, he the truth. He gon' kill beale street.

I'm repeating myself...but I hope spike casts him as Nightwatch :banderas:

apparently thats not happening

mr x

Superstar
Daps
apparently thats not happening

Oh shyt. Just did my googles.

I periodically check for updates and never saw this recent news.

Hopefully another capable director steps in...and they move forward with it.

I would love for denzel to return to the chair:myman:

I wonder how he would handle a film like this. It would be a departure from his previous work. But lesser talents take on these roles all the time, so I'd have confidence in him doing a good job.

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
Jharrel Jerome is on Mr. Mercedes. He has talent. I also like RJ Cyler. Not that I see these guys as future superstars, but you never know.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Yahya is dope, best part of the Get Down.

Yeah, he was great as Cadillac and he was Aquaman coming up

l0MYtuoOISLTZLuyk.gif

Boyega/Wright just signed on for a movie together
Hot Package: John Boyega, Letitia Wright To Star In Mike Cahill-Directed Sci-Fi ‘Hold Back The Stars’

WakandanPride

Realest Negus Alive
Daps
Reppin
ATL
How do yall feel about Black Brits coming in waves. Not that I dont mind, but it seems that young Black American actors are getting looked over.

Jermio

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How do yall feel about Black Brits coming in waves. Not that I dont mind, but it seems that young Black American actors are getting looked over.

I was watching that show All American on the CW and I was shocked to hear that the main character is a Brit. :ohhh: Flawless accents!

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
The closest is Chadwick.

Even has the first name that people can easily recognize. He's no where near Denzels skill however.

Idris could be it, but he picks bad movies where he does the best he can with the material.

However, Hollywood really isn't making megastars anymore, but he's like a level below it. Trying to think of the last megastar created who can generate 100 mil off his name only...Robert Downey Jr....?

Sure Cruise, Smith, Depp, Denzel, Julia, Meryl are all still around but that's the old guard from last millennium. And sure other stars have 100 mil movies, but its not their name primarily driving it to 100 mil.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
The closest is Chadwick.

Even has the first name that people can easily recognize. He's no where near Denzels skill however.

Idris could be it, but he picks bad movies where he does the best he can with the material.

However, Hollywood really isn't making megastars anymore, but he's like a level below it. Trying to think of the last megastar created who can generate 100 mil off his name only...Robert Downey Jr....?

Sure Cruise, Smith, Depp, Denzel, Julia, Meryl are all still around but that's the old guard from last millennium. And sure other stars have 100 mil movies, but its not their name primarily driving it to 100 mil.

Kevin Hart