tumblr_me31c9EUlp1qbgnoro1_500.jpg

Last edited:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community

Yea, I think he could, but he's been in some garbage recently, like the Purge Anarchy as a supporting character and that Spike Lee's Da Blood of Jesus as another supporting character; dude can't catch a starring role and the movies he chooses are terrible

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
It's not just black men; it's minorities in general. Hollywood cinema is shooting themselves in the foot by refusing to turn minorities into stars and refusing to do mainstream movies with interracial couples at the forefront. Hollywood can't make money off a Jennifer Lawrence-Michael B Jordan rom-com?

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
Chad Boseman seems to be the one most poised to breakout. He is seen as a lead actor and is being picked to open big movies for major studios.
Anthony Mackie, for as much as I like him, seems stuck in that supporting actor slot.
Michael B. Jordan needs a breakout lead role in a major studio film to show he is a legit lead actor. I think hiim not getting a nomination at one of the major awards for Fruitvale Station might have hurt him.
Omar Sy can barely speak English.
John Boyega and Damon Wayans Jr shouldn't even be on a list like this.
It was released too late, which is why it wasn't selected for an award. Many critics think Fruitvale was the best movie of 2013. But there were other films. It didn't hurt him, it garnered him even more attention which is why he is in the radar. I just hope he doesn't mess up and act in one of those Madea films. But hey, Tyler Perry is a very powerful dude in Hollywood.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I kinda wish these guys didn't have to go the biopic route. Jackie Robinson to James Brown:comeon:. I want black actors in roles where you don't need to be black.

Hollywood is putting out trash and TV is at it's peak. A lot of these guys can eat on the small screen. I wouldn't mind seeing guys Jeffrey Wright, who can't get movie leads, get TV leads.

It's not just black men; it's minorities in general. Hollywood cinema is shooting themselves in the foot by refusing to turn minorities into stars and refusing to do mainstream movies with interracial couples at the forefront. Hollywood can't make money off a Jennifer Lawrence-Michael B Jordan rom-com?

A rom com where the leading lady and man never kiss:mjpls:

mr x

Superstar
Daps
I kinda wish these guys didn't have to go the biopic route. Jackie Robinson to James Brown:comeon:. I want black actors in roles where you don't need to be black.

Hollywood is putting out trash and TV is at it's peak. A lot of these guys can eat on the small screen. I wouldn't mind seeing guys Jeffrey Wright, who can't get movie leads, get TV leads.

A rom com where the leading lady and man never kiss:mjpls:

dat prometheus off-screen sex scene :ohlawd:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chad Boseman seems to be the one most poised to breakout. He is seen as a lead actor and is being picked to open big movies for major studios.
Anthony Mackie, for as much as I like him, seems stuck in that supporting actor slot.
Michael B. Jordan needs a breakout lead role in a major studio film to show he is a legit lead actor. I think hiim not getting a nomination at one of the major awards for Fruitvale Station might have hurt him.
Boyega has a shot.

He's going to have, what seems to be a major role, in one of the most anticipated films ever released.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

He doesn't seem to have that gravitas for a leading role though. It will depend on if he can do something down the line with Marvel.

I said it in another thread as well, but n!ggas need to be prepared to think outside the box when looking for roles. Go up for the lead in a sci-fi flick, go up for action lead roles, the lead in horror. Veer away from the black rom com, or dramedies, because once you get into that, that's all that they will see you in.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Boyega has a shot.

He's going to have, what seems to be a major role, in one of the most anticipated films ever released.

He looks like he could be Denzel's son so that helps. Plus he might be playing Black Panther.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Wesley too. At least his big budget stuff aside from blade. That's why I was happy Jordan got the role of Johnny. Cast the best actor for the role not just because of his skin
that dude cant act for shyt tho they just trying something different to spark awareness. I saw chronicle and clips of awkward moment and dude is average at best all he does is. :smugfavre: all the time