Who is the fifth most popular individual comic superhero of all time?

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
Well question.... Between 1980 and about 2015, on a mass global scale casual standpoint, where has Wonderwoman been? Lets pinpoint her activeness?:ohhh:

:russ: at WW being practically inactive for 35 years but yet cats wanna say she top 5......... Thats like saying Cher is more popular that Beyonce!:mjlol:
Wonder Woman is the go female superhero. It's her and then everyone else. She's a cultural icon etched into pop culture. :camby:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Wonder Woman is the go female superhero. It's her and then everyone else. She's a cultural icon etched into pop culture. :camby:

I wont deny that.... but heres the thing, just cuz you an ICON dont mean you poppin or relevant.... especially if you aint active.

You can go to a college campus right now and ask do you know Elvis and of course they'd say "yes, he's an Icon" but then ask them about his work or sing some lyrics from his songs, hell even name a song and cats wouldnt be able to tell you shyt.

This is no different to how cats in the coli now who NEVER seen Jordan play in their lifetime ultra stan KOBE.

So respect to her (WW) for being an Icon..... but so is Cher, so is Madonna. But neither of them could hold a candle to say a Beyonce right now and I'm not even trynna say one is better than the other. But just one was more active in a particular generations lifespan and they was able to see them grow or grow with them vs just see (and have to search) for old archive stuff of former ICONS

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
I wont deny that.... but heres the thing, just cuz you an ICON dont mean you poppin or relevant.... especially if you aint active.

You can go to a college campus right now and ask do you know Elvis and of course they'd say "yes, he's an Icon" but then ask them about his work or sing some lyrics from his songs, hell even name a song and cats wouldnt be able to tell you shyt.

This is no different to how cats in the coli now who NEVER seen Jordan play in their lifetime ultra stan KOBE.

So respect to her (WW) for being an Icon..... but so is Cher, so is Madonna. But neither of them could hold a candle to say a Beyonce right now and I'm not even trynna say one is better than the other. But just one was more active in a particular generations lifespan and they was able to see them grow or grow with them vs just see (and have to search) for old archive stuff of former ICONS
Wonder Woman is still poppin though. She's still the most popular female superhero easily. She's one of the most recognizable characters easily and she has a movie dropping next year. Numerous women and children dress up as her every year for Halloween too:dahell:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Wonder Woman is still poppin though. She's still the most popular female superhero easily. She's one of the most recognizable characters easily and she has a movie dropping next year. Numerous women and children dress up as her every year for Halloween too:dahell:

You know who else is easily recognizable?

Black Widow, Scarlet Which, Captain Marvel, She-Hulk, Storm, Sue Storm and the list goes on.

Respect.... she does have a movie dropping next year.... her 1st in about 38 years. But only people 41 and older remember seeing her on tv or any non comic/animated format. These other characters been having movies drop in the last 8 to 16 years and Captain Marvel herself has one dropping in a few years and I wouldnt be surprised if she pops up somewhere next year herself.

I wont deny numerous woman and children dress up as her, but would you deny the same for the names above mentioned? One really cant quantify that into "data" for popularity cuz it changes region to region. Like I know for a fact, people for a fact are buying them for Halloween, but I couldnt honestly tell you the last time I've see a girl dress up as WW but I know damn near ever year for the past few I've seen MANY Black Widows... case in point

Gotta be active breh.... and dont get me wrong.... I fully understand where you're coming from when I browse through say The Booth or TSC and see cats bigging up ASAP Crew or The Shield over say WuTang or NWO/4Horseman. But then I remember, well who has been active and who hasnt in this generations lifetime and then I cant hate.

WW is Dusty Rhodes, Ultimate Warrior status..... while these other Heroines are John Cena/Brock Lesner and dare I say it.... Daniel Bryan :ld: status

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
You know who else is easily recognizable?

Black Widow, Scarlet Which, Captain Marvel, She-Hulk, Storm, Sue Storm and the list goes on.

Respect.... she does have a movie dropping next year.... her 1st in about 38 years. But only people 41 and older remember seeing her on tv or any non comic/animated format. These other characters been having movies drop in the last 8 to 16 years and Captain Marvel herself has one dropping in a few years and I wouldnt be surprised if she pops up somewhere next year herself.

I wont deny numerous woman and children dress up as her, but would you deny the same for the names above mentioned? One really cant quantify that into "data" for popularity cuz it changes region to region. Like I know for a fact, people for a fact are buying them for Halloween, but I couldnt honestly tell you the last time I've see a girl dress up as WW but I know damn near ever year for the past few I've seen MANY Black Widows... case in point

Gotta be active breh.... and dont get me wrong.... I fully understand where you're coming from when I browse through say The Booth or TSC and see cats bigging up ASAP Crew or The Shield over say WuTang or NWO/4Horseman. But then I remember, well who has been active and who hasnt in this generations lifetime and then I cant hate.

WW is Dusty Rhodes, Ultimate Warrior status..... while these other Heroines are John Cena/Brock Lesner and dare I say it.... Daniel Bryan :ld: status
Stop it fam. Wonder Woman is easily more recognizable than any of the Marvel chicks you just named. Scarlet witch really? :dahell: who cares about non comic/animated forms. She's a comic character. The JL cartoon alone gave her more recognition than most of the characters you just named. That's where her primary recognition should be from, and this comic book movie wave didn't start until recently either. I don't watch or care about wrestling so those analogies are meaningless to me. Your marvel stanning is utterly ridiculous.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Stop it fam. Wonder Woman is easily more recognizable than any of the Marvel chicks you just named. Scarlet witch really? :dahell: who cares about non comic/animated forms. She's a comic character. The JL cartoon alone gave her more recognition than most of the characters you just named. That's where her primary recognition should be from, and this comic book movie wave didn't start until recently either. I don't watch or care about wrestling so those analogies are meaningless to me. Your marvel stanning is utterly ridiculous.

You mean the cartoon that hasnt been on air in over a decade and even then only a small percentage of the casuals that watched it (who were mainly males) the make up a small fraction of the casual viewers of the DCU?:stopitslime:

Again..... Scarlett Which.... yes.... she was just in 2 BLOCKBUSTER franchises. I can see if you wouldve gave me the :dahell: for She Hulk and maybe Captain Marvel. But did you not see 2 little films called Avengers 2 and Captain American Civil War that came out in the last 2 years? This character had more scenes, more action, more development that WW in the 5 mins she was in BvS or the 4 sentences she spoke.

If a say 14-22 year old girl saw both.... they now know more about SW than they know about WW. Now I'm sure that will change next year but come on man... we talking about today.:childplease:

Its not even about STANNING! Nicca I'm talking about ACTIVITY!!!:dahell:

Ok you're right fukk the WRESTLING shyt.... lets go to HIP HOP.:rudy:

To this current generation, who is more relevant? The Native Tongues or ASAP crew?

Stans and haters in this current era can name more Drake songs than say LL Cool Jay ALBUMS.... and this nicca had 14 albums, without google, I bet even you couldnt name them and in order.

fukk it, lets talk movies!!! In terms of ICONS, who's more Relevent? The fukking iconic Rat Pack or that Seth Rogan and his crew of folks? Yes, even I could recognize the Rat Pack if someone posted a pic of them.... but Ive NEVER seen any of their movies.

ACTIVITY plays a HUGE importance in terms of RELEVANCY which also plays a HUGE part in Recognizability!

Its not even a stan shyt... thats the MAJOR reason why Batman is SOOOOOOOOOOO popular, its not just that he's been doing great things (though that was an extra bonus to his popularity), its due to that franchise being ACTIVE. There is no comic book character that's been in more movies than him in OUR lifetime. He's been ACTIVE as hell, virtually active in every decade (80's, 90's, 00's, 10's) and mad HEAVY in the past 11 years.

There are degrees to recognizably. I'm sure if you was on the streets and ZZ Tops walked by, even you would know ZZ Top.... but if some on the spot asked you "hey tell me about ZZ Top? I'm sure you couldnt (nor could a casual person our age) name where they are from, any of their songs, the names of them individually, and the last hit they had. All you'd know is "oh thats ZZ Top"

Casual people dont even know WW rogue Villains!!!

I mean damn when you say Superman, then Lex easily is thought of.

Say Batman, then Joker

Say Xmen, Magneto

Say Captain American, Red Skull

and so on.

Say WW.... well at best cats would respond "well she helps out and fights with Superman and Batman":manny:

I think its kinda incorrect to claim "this wave has started RECENTLY" when since 1990, there has been a consistent amount of movies thats dropped in our lifetime. Well over 50 movies, no granted has it increased? Yes, but there has been multiple comic movies dropped practically every year or every other year since 1990.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I dont know a goddamn thing about Wonder Woman but I always wanted to know from anyone who does know
If she can fly why does she have that invisible plane?:ohhh:
And how did that shyt even originate?

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
You mean the cartoon that hasnt been on air in over a decade and even then only a small percentage of the casuals that watched it (who were mainly males) the make up a small fraction of the casual viewers of the DCU?:stopitslime:

Again..... Scarlett Which.... yes.... she was just in 2 BLOCKBUSTER franchises. I can see if you wouldve gave me the :dahell: for She Hulk and maybe Captain Marvel. But did you not see 2 little films called Avengers 2 and Captain American Civil War that came out in the last 2 years? This character had more scenes, more action, more development that WW in the 5 mins she was in BvS or the 4 sentences she spoke.

If a say 14-22 year old girl saw both.... they now know more about SW than they know about WW. Now I'm sure that will change next year but come on man... we talking about today.:childplease:

Its not even about STANNING! Nicca I'm talking about ACTIVITY!!!:dahell:

Ok you're right fukk the WRESTLING shyt.... lets go to HIP HOP.:rudy:

To this current generation, who is more relevant? The Native Tongues or ASAP crew?

Stans and haters in this current era can name more Drake songs than say LL Cool Jay ALBUMS.... and this nicca had 14 albums, without google, I bet even you couldnt name them and in order.

fukk it, lets talk movies!!! In terms of ICONS, who's more Relevent? The fukking iconic Rat Pack or that Seth Rogan and his crew of folks? Yes, even I could recognize the Rat Pack if someone posted a pic of them.... but Ive NEVER seen any of their movies.

ACTIVITY plays a HUGE importance in terms of RELEVANCY which also plays a HUGE part in Recognizability!

Its not even a stan shyt... thats the MAJOR reason why Batman is SOOOOOOOOOOO popular, its not just that he's been doing great things (though that was an extra bonus to his popularity), its due to that franchise being ACTIVE. There is no comic book character that's been in more movies than him in OUR lifetime. He's been ACTIVE as hell, virtually active in every decade (80's, 90's, 00's, 10's) and mad HEAVY in the past 11 years.

There are degrees to recognizably. I'm sure if you was on the streets and ZZ Tops walked by, even you would know ZZ Top.... but if some on the spot asked you "hey tell me about ZZ Top? I'm sure you couldnt (nor could a casual person our age) name where they are from, any of their songs, the names of them individually, and the last hit they had. All you'd know is "oh thats ZZ Top"

Casual people dont even know WW rogue Villains!!!

I mean damn when you say Superman, then Lex easily is thought of.

Say Batman, then Joker

Say Xmen, Magneto

Say Captain American, Red Skull

and so on.

Say WW.... well at best cats would respond "well she helps out and fights with Superman and Batman":manny:

I think its kinda incorrect to claim "this wave has started RECENTLY" when since 1990, there has been a consistent amount of movies thats dropped in our lifetime. Well over 50 movies, no granted has it increased? Yes, but there has been multiple comic movies dropped practically every year or every other year since 1990.
Wonder Woman had her own animated film drop in 2009, she was in young justice, and has been featured in numerous recent DC animated films as well. We can throw in video games too. Injustice, DC online and etc. But again why are you making this all about live action features? Movies are one small factor in determining popularity. You're really falling prey to incredible recency bias. Irrespective of the two recent movies nobody outside of hardcore comic fans knows who tf scarlet witch is :heh: I doubt the majority of the population could pick her out of a lineup especially considering the MCU's stark depart from her comic costume. How are you gonna say no one knows Wonder Woman villains but have the gall to bring up scarlet witch? No one knows jack shyt about her :mjlol: hulk and iron man don't help your case cuz most people can't name any of their villains either...even after all those damn movies :dead: I'm not even going to touch your hip hop conparisons because those were terrible

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Wonder Woman had her own animated film drop in 2009, she was in young justice, and has been featured in numerous recent DC animated films as well. We can throw in video games too. Injustice, DC online and etc. But again why are you making this all about live action features? Movies are one small factor in determining popularity. You're really falling prey to incredible recency bias. Irrespective of the two recent movies nobody outside of hardcore comic fans knows who tf scarlet witch is :heh: I doubt the majority of the population could pick her out of a lineup especially considering the MCU's stark depart from her comic costume. How are you gonna say no one knows Wonder Woman villains but have the gall to bring up scarlet witch? No one knows jack shyt about her :mjlol: hulk and iron man don't help your case cuz most people can't name any of their villains either...even after all those damn movies :dead: I'm not even going to touch your hip hop conparisons because those were terrible

You know that, I know that, 80% of this forum knows that..... but we make up a small percentage. I have a secret that I'd love to reveal to you breh.... you me, guess who we make up? The HARDCORE.

Lil Jimmy and Becky that just happened to see the movie recently dont know that.

My 59 year old boss white woman boss saw the commercial of WW in BvS..... has no idea there was a cartoon that dropped in 2009, nor does she even know what a Young Justice fukking is. I work in an office with Women ages 24-32, not one of them ever saw the cartoon that YOU AND I know of, nor have they played the videogames (they dont even own consoles), nor have they read the comics (hell only about 30% of the cats in TFR are even following that...... and I'm talking TFR not even the entire site.

The Live action features above all are the most widely visual forms of medium for these characters. THATS WHY

You cant really touch the hiphop comparisons cuz even you know there is truth to that. I'm not even saying I like the new shyt but it is what it is

Being ACTIVE helps with Relevancy and Popularity. I'm not trynna stan nothing and I'm not trynna sit here and say one is better that the other, cuz from a practical standpoint and this is about to be a MINDfukk to you but I do believe that Wonderwoman IS a much better character than BW/SW and etc. But just like an artist that aint put out a hot CD or Movie in years.... she got cold and 38 years is a fukkING LONG time to not be in the casual public eye.

These characters cant just survive off "hardcore fans" cuz in the grand scheme the hardcore are the minority

Krispy

#FreeBigLurch
Daps
Reppin
UK
Globally... I would say

1) Superman
2) Super Sentai (You know them as Mighty Morphin Power Rangers)
3) Spiderman
4) Batman
5) Hulk

Wolverine is more popular than Hulk only in a few places like the US & Japan.
The simple fact that the hulk is green makes him more recognizable than most characters. You can identify any part of his body without needing to see the entire character. You can even recognize just his eyes or teeth in the darkness. He is a marketing A+

Deadpool is only mega-popular within the US as well. He relies heavily on American pop-culture references which do not translate so well.
Wonder Woman is not that big internationally either. In certain countries they don't even show her at all cause of her skimpy outfit. In other countries they simply make their own heroes (like Darna) instead of her.

Darna... by the way,
Immensely popular in the Philippines. She has 4 tv shows since the 1950s and another new one dropping later this year.
They give zero fukks about Wonder Woman over there and in many places in the world.
th

Anyway...
Superman, works cause all countries think aliens are interesting.
Batman works cause all countries have currency and understand how the rich have more than the poor.
Spiders, claws, radiation... these are universal concepts. Same with the Super Sentai and the concept of giant robots and giant monsters.

Deadpool's humor, WW's (or Thor's) greek mythology... these are cultural things that need to be bought into as a society. If the culture differs too much then the masses don't connect with the character. Same reason the west doesnt care about Samurais while the east loves them, and the east doesnt care about Cowboys while the west eats them up.

If we're being factual Super Sentai isn't just one team as the Sentai that mighty morphin are base on is Zyuranger, but that's me being picky

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
It's definitely Hulk. My grandmother is in her 70s and she still watches Hulk on tv. She watched The Avengers movies because I told her Hulk would be in them.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
If we're being factual Super Sentai isn't just one team as the Sentai that mighty morphin are base on is Zyuranger, but that's me being picky
Yeah but there is more than one Superman, Batman, Spiderman, etc as well.
I just mean as a brand... its worldwide in a way some of the US chars are not.