Who is the fifth most popular individual comic superhero of all time?

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Yeah fair enough. The dude that said Robin got me thinking about it. If you know who Batman is 99% chance you know who Robin and Joker are.

Yeah, Robin is definitely up there. Which is why I say DC always does Grayson and Wonder Woman dirty. But since heroes trump villains, it'll always be Joker down the list. Robin is definitely 5b....still ahead of Wolverine. The one problem with Robin is that people identify dikk Grayson as Robin....not Jason Todd, not Tim, not Damien. The Robin that is known is still the flesh colored tights. And he's been out of that costume since the 80s.

But the Trinity, Spidey & Hulk with Robin tied at 5th with whoever. Hell, Hulk may drop down to 5th spot after this weekend.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wolverine is more famous/popular than Wonder Woman

I'd say Wonder Woman at #5 just ahead of the Hulk. They both have iconic TV series as well as animated spin-offs/heavy merchandising.
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine maybe but not the character itself.

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Batman
Spider-Man
Superman
Wonder Woman
Hulk

Hulk is just synonymous with strength, people that have never read a hulk comic or seen a movie with the character will reference the Hulk.

No he's not. I swear yall say the dumbest shyt sometimes.Wonder Woman is a legit cultural icon, that's a status that Wolverine simply hasn't achieved.

There are people that have no fukking clue who Wolverine is, but damn near everybody knows Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman is as ubiquitous as Superman is to be honest.

People under 35 DO NOT fukk with DC outside of Batman/Superman like that. Wolverine is a cultural icon, dummy. From the cartoons, the merchandising, the BLOCKBUSTER MOVIES (both X-Men and the movies he headlined alone), he's one of the most overexposed and beloved comic book characters. He's the symbol of the X-Men which is obviously one of the biggest comic book properties of all time. You're dumb and probably autistic if you think more people know/care about the Hulk than Wolverine at this point.

WW and to an extent the Hulk (changing because of the Avengers films) peaked in mainstream (as in out of the comic book paradigm) visibility in the 70's. Wolverine was most popular in the 80s, 90s and 00s (era of films, video games, computer games, multiple animated series, multiple comic series, theme parks etc.).

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People under 35 DO NOT fukk with DC outside of Batman/Superman like that.

Stopped reading right there....

So instead of just admitting that you might have said something dumb you decided to double down on the dumb statement.

Like I said Wonder Woman is a cultural icon wolverine is not. People of ALL AGES know who wonder woman is, which is why so much wonder woman merchandise has continually been produced for 50+ years. You can go almost anywhere in the world and show people an image of Wonder Woman and they'll have an idea of who she is, you can't do that with Wolverine.

Wolverine isn't a symbol for anything outside of being Wolverine. Wonder Woman is a symbol of female empowerment and has been since before Wolverine even existed.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
People under 35 DO NOT fukk with DC outside of Batman/Superman like that. Wolverine is a cultural icon, dummy. From the cartoons, the merchandising, the BLOCKBUSTER MOVIES (both X-Men and the movies he headlined alone), he's one of the most overexposed and beloved comic book characters. He's the symbol of the X-Men which is obviously one of the biggest comic book properties of all time. You're dumb and probably autistic if you think more people know/care about the Hulk than Wolverine at this point.

WW and to an extent the Hulk (changing because of the Avengers films) peaked in mainstream (as in out of the comic book paradigm) visibility in the 70's. Wolverine was most popular in the 80s, 90s and 00s (era of films, video games, computer games, multiple animated series, multiple comic series, theme parks etc.).

Wolverine in the movies didn't even wear a costume. Wolverine will never trump Wonder Woman. She has 50 years on him. Show anyone the Wonder Woman tee (costume or logo) and show them a Wolverine costume tee, and more people won't know Wolverine. You said it yourself, people under 35 don't eff with DC, but I'm sure they still know Wonder Woman. So if you count the people over 35, more will know Wonder Woman than Wolverine. As popular as he has become, he still isn't the cultural icon that Wonder Woman is. Hell, even an icon for women empowerment.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
I disagree. Wolverine is still one of the most heavily merchandised fictional characters and unquestionably one of the most iconic Marvel characters ever.

wolverine is not 'iconic'.

he's very popular among superheroes, but he is not a transcendent icon.

spidey, hulk, maybe cap... those are the marvel icons.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Batman
Spider-Man
Superman
Wonder Woman
Hulk

Hulk is just synonymous with strength, people that have never read a hulk comic or seen a movie with the character will reference the Hulk.

No he's not. I swear yall say the dumbest shyt sometimes.Wonder Woman is a legit cultural icon, that's a status that Wolverine simply hasn't achieved.

There are people that have no fukking clue who Wolverine is, but damn near everybody knows Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman is as ubiquitous as Superman is to be honest.

Popularity is not the same thing at notoriety.

Wolverine IS more popular than Wonder Woman, on a sales and demand basis. He is probably less notable tho, but even that might be debatable.

You gotta think about THIS generation. There are few comic properties more known than the X-Men. Wolverine, Cyclopes and Storm are the most notable characters from that franchise. Only Supes, Bats and Spidey are on part with that X-Men brand name, even Avengers hasn't reached that level yet.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Popularity is not the same thing at notoriety.

Wolverine IS more popular than Wonder Woman, on a sales and demand basis. He is probably less notable tho, but even that might be debatable.

You gotta think about THIS generation. There are few comic properties more known than the X-Men. Wolverine, Cyclopes and Storm are the most notable characters from that franchise. Only Supes, Bats and Spidey are on part with that X-Men brand name, even Avengers hasn't reached that level yet.

Wolverine sells more comics, but Wonder Woman moves WAY more merchandise. The Wonder Woman brand name is stronger than Wolverine, she just doesn't move comics (because they usually suck).

Comic book and superhero fans buy Wolverine merchandise, but people who don't read comics or know much about superheroes have been buying Wonder Woman merchandise for DECADES.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Wolverine sells more comics, but Wonder Woman moves WAY more merchandise. The Wonder Woman brand name is stronger than Wolverine, she just doesn't move comics (because they usually suck).

Comic book and superhero fans buy Wolverine merchandise, but people who don't read comics or know much about superheroes have been buying Wonder Woman merchandise for DECADES.

Why is this so hard for them to understand? The fact that she has been mostly out of the public eye for 40 years and is STILL a household name means everything

parallax

Superstar
Daps
wolverine is not 'iconic'.

he's very popular among superheroes, but he is not a transcendent icon.

spidey, hulk, maybe cap... those are the marvel icons.

so characters with television shows in the 70s and before determine icon status?