Who has VA Disability?

BadBoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So do you figure out how much money ur getting cus i may join the army since ill actual get paid a lil more than the marines and go give it a shot at a ranger contract. Just tryna plan ahead for the future cus i know my 5’2 ass is already not gonna like carrying 60 plus pounds

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
So do you figure out how much money ur getting cus i may join the army since ill actual get paid a lil more than the marines and go give it a shot at a ranger contract. Just tryna plan ahead for the future cus i know my 5’2 ass is already not gonna like carrying 60 plus pounds
Bruh, 100% getting me $3200 monthly for the rest of my life. I honestly can just kick and get me a little gig that pays about $50k take home and be content with life.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
5’2 :picard:

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I'm getting out after 7. Claiming:
- Knee
- Ankle
- Headaches
- Insomnia

If I wanted to bullshyt I could get more. Take care of yourselves breh.
Better start hitting up medical for EVERY LITTLE ISSUE YOU HAVE. Carpal tunnel didn’t even get a rating for me as they said it wasn’t service connected even tho a majority of my service time was in HR. Ankle didn’t get me shyt either. Insomnia getting wrapped into mental issues

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I got a question breh. I got out two months ago but I didn't apply for any VA health benefits because the doc on my ship told me that my records are "too good" to qualify for any kind of disability. Is there a way fr me to get some kind of reduced payment health insurance instead?
I think you got 90-180 days to apply for it. Can’t recall

97Pac

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Bruh, 100% getting me $3200 monthly for the rest of my life. I honestly can just kick and get me a little gig that pays about $50k take home and be content with life.
Although the injuries I sustained from the Navy still affect me that monthly checks helps out a lot. I get more VA compensation than some people I know that have government pensions.

Germms

All Star
Daps
Reppin
∞ 216 ∞
Better start hitting up medical for EVERY LITTLE ISSUE YOU HAVE. Carpal tunnel didn’t even get a rating for me as they said it wasn’t service connected even tho a majority of my service time was in HR. Ankle didn’t get me shyt either. Insomnia getting wrapped into mental issues

yeah breh that sucks I’m sorry they denied you. A bit fukked up.

I was in the hospital a lot for torn tendons in my ankle. MRI’s proved that. My knee was recorded but never brought up again.

I’ll keep what you said in mind about the sleep thing. I just want every claim documented even if I get nothing because they can get bumped up later.

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
how do I go about sleep apnea? My girl said I breathe fukked up. She said I kick and move a lot
Take a sleep study. I took 2 while I was in and another while out just to strengthen my claim. Sounds like you got restless leg syndrome

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
how do I go about sleep apnea? My girl said I breathe fukked up. She said I kick and move a lot
They gonna try and hoe you on that too...

I had a sleep study before I got out and they were trying to say I slept fine and I didn’t...

Took another one through the VA literally like a year later and they diagnosed me with it but said I couldn’t claim it because it wasn’t service connected.

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV
I went through the VA disability process when I was in the process of retiring. Just to be upfront, I rated 100%. Not doing it to brag, just my experience with it.

The whole disability process can be started any time after you get out. BUT, you can start the process while you are still in. 6 months prior, Commands won’t tell you that, but fukk them

First step is filing your claim, this can be done through a VA Rep. But, the VFW and and DAVcan do that as well

After that, the VA will set up a full examination that is done at one of the satellite clinics. Here’s the thing to remember, the military doctors you see full time have 0 input or participation. It’s all by VA docs.

After that, you just wait until a decision is made.

If you have older family members who have served, they can still file a claim. The VA has a long history of not giving a shyt, so a lot of those older vets got screwed over

It’s a long process, and by no means am I defending the whole disability process. Even if you have been out a couple years you can still file a claim.

Don’t pay anyone that claims they will help you get 100% off the bat. They are full of shyt and shady. A lot of those services request that you sign over a Power Of Attorney to them.