Who has VA Disability?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I'm well aware of that....No the confusion I have is between the processes so you got CDRP/CSRP/ Branch pay VA pay tax free etc....You have some who are at 100% and able to work you have some that can't work....You have some who are 80% but get the full 80% on top of retirement pay...

I won't lie the whole process is confusing.
I think it depends on what the individual eater wants to give you I was expecting 90% because I wanted to work and they just awarded me 100% with no back pay 5 years after I retired

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
I think the confusion is that you’re thinking someone already has a VA rating of 80% or whatever percentage while still on Active. Obviously no one gets any VA benefit or rating until they separate.

I was just giving what I believe I will be getting. 17 yrs, 8 combat deployments, purple heart, many other things. It will definitely lead to 100%.

As long as your medical conditions are not interfering with your job, you won’t necessarily get MEB boarded. I got my purple heart 10yrs ago and I’ve been on 4 deployments since then.

Every situation is different, every branch is different.

actually you can get VA disability while on active and terminal. You appear to be in a good place, get yo money!

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
I think it depends on what the individual eater wants to give you I was expecting 90% because I wanted to work and they just awarded me 100% with no back pay 5 years after I retired

I’d contest that, go get a lawyer

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
I'm well aware of that....No the confusion I have is between the processes so you got CDRP/CSRP/ Branch pay VA pay tax free etc....You have some who are at 100% and able to work you have some that can't work....You have some who are 80% but get the full 80% on top of retirement pay...

I won't lie the whole process is confusing.

CDRP is the normal unless you go for CRSC ( branch specific) if you retired and file you will be under CDRP or concurrent receipt. Basically if you get a 50% rating then your pay will be rolled under that. CRSC can help you further defeat taxes and it may or may not be better than CDRP. They (DFAS) and the branch will let you know which is higher then you take THAT. VA is full of shyt but you have to know what’s what. Good luck brother!

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
Your job should be getting disability keep appealing.

also claim something else an injury happened or it didn’t pain or depression can’t be quantified.

it’s free money

when you do the Comp and Pen, say ouch! It’s 10% off the top by law!

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
when you do the Comp and Pen, say ouch! It’s 10% off the top by law!

Oh yeah you want to play up any injury. at the C&P exam. Not where it's extremely obvious but you don't want to say you're "fine" It's like being arrested anything you say can and will be held against you.

Daps
They won't sign you're sick call forms? That's ridiculous, I'd find another unit or another MOS.

That being said it matters more what they doctor says. Disabilty ratings go off what's in your medical file not what your commander thinks of you.

But really if you want to get over all you have to do is to complain about pain. You can do this when you separate. You can't quantify pain. If you say it's dibilitating long enough then you can make a claim. If you're Airborne it's almost subjective that you'd have bad knees or a bad back. You don't need any physical proof. PTSD is another one, no one can say what makes someone get PTSD one reason I didn't believe in it was because so many people make bullshyt claims. I met an old dude who said he had PTSD from a white boy telling him he was gonna fukk with his straps on a jump. That sounds likely to someone who never jumped but the idea that someone would fukk with your pack while on the plane is insane. But again it's a perception issue complain about it long enough and that's free money.

Frankly I disagree with lying but white people make big money telling Vets to do this so why not give you the game for free. If you just decided to admit yourself to the VA hospital saying that you're suicidal you have a 90% chance of getting 100%.
Yes. It's crazy.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Going through a claim and the VA requested to see two things that had a possibility to get better. My doctors were straight up with both of my recommendations so I should be fine on the ones VA requested (who fukking knows right?)

One thing I will share with y'all is if you have been diagnosed with Adjustment Disorder mixed with anything, your ass better be at the VA getting whatever medication and/or therapy they offer (just like anything else) That AD shyt is a way to fukk you later on, but keeping you content when you are getting out. I am getting mine correctly diagnosed finally, but don't get happy for that 50 percent they give you because it's a ploy.

Those still enlisted, just know that the tough it out shyt is fine and dandy. I did it, I have some people that did it. However, make sure you start a paper trail so when you do get out, you aren't just trying to bombard the VA with 30 fukking disabilities. First claim should be quality over quantity, don't be like some of these nikkas putting 34 fukking claims in when you don't have the fukking paperwork to support it. Secondary is always another move. Don't let these folks fukk you over.