Who has VA Disability?

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Real talk I appreciate y’all, a Breh in here recommended a guy out of Virginia who put me on. I paid $400 and he gave me 18 things to claim, and I got all of em service connected

If anyone wants to PM me I’ll send y’all his contact info. I can’t vouch for him enough

He’ll break down what you need to tell em but yea get on the max dosage of these medications (even if you don’t take them) and tell em you contemplating suicide (but no active plan, that’s key). Like for me I used to climb on boats and barges. Now my knees/shoulders/back fcked up. Migraines don’t have to have a real cause, anyone can get them

They want to see that it’s chronic, I think the number is 6 months. At the very least you go to medical and you out of work for a couple hours

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
We really shouldnt be discussing this hustle out on the open like that but oh well :yeshrug:

This dude i worked with put me onto the game. Then my ex kept pushing me to try. I didnt take advantage. I was so sick of the army when i left i didnt want anyting to do with it. But what they do is they get their medical records and basically try to make a claim for every thing they ever had a sick call for. If you can get them to add up and give you at least 30% disability that means you get a nice check every month + access to VA hospitals for life.

Dude got out as an E5- He did all this about 4 years AFTER he left the military. Got his records from Request Your Military Service Records and started filling out the paperworks. Every little bit adds up. Even something as insignificant as a headache.

My ex girlfriend was a Lieutenant-Colonel when she got out but she made sure to get all her shyt squared away before she got out after 15 years. They technically forced her out. Either way, she's good. Owns 2 houses Got a nice check coming every month + her school is being paid for. All she works for right now is pocket money so she could go get pampered at MassageEnvy every weekend.

Bruh thats not a secret. Every person i know who has served in the armed forces is out with some sort of disability. EVERYONE. :russ:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m not seeing how some of you all have over 80% and are still active...numbers are looking funny....I have a high percentage for what people say and even than with how they add everything up may be around 80%...It’s some type of funky math they begin to do with the CDRP.

The math becomes funky on the ratings as you get closer to 100% I want to say they start cutting it in half after you reach 80%. Basically if you have 100% you are bad off. Before I started retirement I thought it just fully added up you know sleep apnea 50%, bad knees 20%, back 20%, neck 10%, tinnitus 10%, migrane 20%, carpal tunnel 0%, Ed 10%, foot injury 10%, Combat related etc...So I assumed that I was well over 100% but once it got to a certain percentage the math got funky :russ: aka they don’t want to give you 100%.

shyt is confusing that’s why I’m not sure what it is I’ll get until I get it in pay. I also don’t want to be 100% since it’s always the option of getting a DAC or DOD or even contractor gig where I have no issue going forward.

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I’m not seeing how some of you all have over 80% and are still active...numbers are looking funny....I have a high percentage for what people say and even than with how they add everything up may be around 80%...It’s some type of funky math they begin to do with the CDRP.

The math becomes funky on the ratings as you get closer to 100% I want to say they start cutting it in half after you reach 80%. Basically if you have 100% you are bad off.
The culture is what's fukked up. I work great with what I got - but my injuries still happened all the same. Just because I CAN go do sprints all day, doesn't mean that my back isn't jacked up, my knees aren't missing cartilage, or that my shoulder won't feel it for weeks after the fact.

Its not about how fukked up you look. shyt, I went off at the people at Ft. Hood's hospital because I came in complaining about back pain and the nurse says to me "But you look like you're in great shape"

"Go find your manager and tell me that shyt again while acknowledging you haven't assessed shyt or even pulled my records :wow: I'll wait"

Doesn't matter what I look like on a good day. I'm getting the money I'm entitled to based on the bad ones. And anyone who's done over 10 years got SOMETHING too :mjlol: they're just the best at talking themselves out of believing they're hurt.

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Yeah the TACP dudes work with the 82nd and SF. It seems like a cool job. That being said I know the Army has Air traffic control people too they're in no way "high speed" much less special ops what's the difference in what they do and what you do? It would be funny if they literally worked in Aircraft towers when you guys are with SF bring hate from the Air.

I also heard that it's actually extremely hard to become a CCT especially considering most Air Force jobs are extremely cake compared to the Army.
Air traffic controllers are exactly that. Just your traditional ATC, no more no less. Extremely hard training to become one but not physically challenging.

CCT, we’re the air to ground liaison. Call in close air support (med evacs), air strikes and fire support. Our training and pipeline is much longer, almost 2 full years until you’re operational and assigned a team.

We could go to an area with no airport or air strip and be the ATC.

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY

The math becomes funky on the ratings as you get closer to 100% I want to say they start cutting it in half after you reach 80%. Basically if you have 100% you are bad off. Before I started retirement I thought it just fully added up you know sleep apnea 50%, bad knees 20%, back 20%, neck 10%, tinnitus 10%, migrane 20%, carpal tunnel 0%, Ed 10%, foot injury 10%, Combat related etc...So I assumed that I was well over 100% but once it got to a certain percentage the math got funky :russ: aka they don’t want to give you 100%.

shyt is confusing that’s why I’m not sure what it is I’ll get until I get it in pay. I also don’t want to be 100% since it’s always the option of getting a DAC or DOD or even contractor gig where I have no issue going forward.
I think the confusion is that you’re thinking someone already has a VA rating of 80% or whatever percentage while still on Active. Obviously no one gets any VA benefit or rating until they separate.

I was just giving what I believe I will be getting. 17 yrs, 8 combat deployments, purple heart, many other things. It will definitely lead to 100%.

As long as your medical conditions are not interfering with your job, you won’t necessarily get MEB boarded. I got my purple heart 10yrs ago and I’ve been on 4 deployments since then.

Every situation is different, every branch is different.

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I think the confusion is that you’re thinking someone already has a VA rating of 80% or whatever percentage. Obviously no one gets any VA benefit or rating until they separate.

I was just giving what I believe I will be getting. 17 yrs, 8 combat deployments, purple heart, many other things. It will definitely lead to 100%.

As long as your medical conditions are not interfering with your job, you won’t necessarily get MEB boarded. I got my purple heart 10yrs ago and I’ve been on 4 deployments since then.

That's a big point too. For the longest time I thought you had to be certain for MEB before even thinking about gettng 100% - absolutely not the case at all.

I'm only 3 degrees of range of motion in my elbow away from getting a full 100%. At the same time, I could reenlist today if I wanted to.

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
That's a big point too. For the longest time I thought you had to be certain for MEB before even thinking about gettng 100% - absolutely not the case at all.

I'm only 3 degrees of range of motion in my elbow away from getting a full 100%. At the same time, I could reenlist today if I wanted to.
One of my boys, regular maintenance guy jusy got MEB boarded last year and got 100%.

He had a fukked up back, he would consistently be on medical profiles, couldn’t do his job properly, couldn’t do PT, they submitted a MEB for him, medically retired him and he got 100% from VA.

He was an E5 when he got retired. According to him he gets 3500 from VA and a military retirement check for about 1400 a month as well, half of his base pay as an E5.

I have all kinds of injuries, but I stay current on all my jumps, my qualifications, my PT, never been on a medical profile for longer than needed. So they have no reason to try and MEB me.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Yeah, my Grandfather got medically discharged because of it. Idk how much the Army paid him before he died in 2015, but it was enough to trick off hoes and purchase a brand new Camaro outright.

shytty thing was that his affliction led to his death. In his later years, the agent orange started attacking his body and eating the flesh on his leg.
:mjlol:

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
Yea I was officially out on the 16th. Gotta wait a couple weeks to actually file my claim though, hopefully they break me off for that 100%

not true, you can file now! Also do an exit physical and document everything! If you haven’t you still can get it! Shout out to my vets on here getting their legal drug money and showing love! I’m retired and 2 X %100 any vet needs helps come with me and I’ll tell you no lie , Abraxus will show you the money like Jerry Maguire!

:salute:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The culture is what's fukked up. I work great with what I got - but my injuries still happened all the same. Just because I CAN go do sprints all day, doesn't mean that my back isn't jacked up, my knees aren't missing cartilage, or that my shoulder won't feel it for weeks after the fact.

Its not about how fukked up you look. shyt, I went off at the people at Ft. Hood's hospital because I came in complaining about back pain and the nurse says to me "But you look like you're in great shape"

"Go find your manager and tell me that shyt again while acknowledging you haven't assessed shyt or even pulled my records :wow: I'll wait"

Doesn't matter what I look like on a good day. I'm getting the money I'm entitled to based on the bad ones. And anyone who's done over 10 years got SOMETHING too :mjlol: they're just the best at talking themselves out of believing they're hurt.

I swear I hate that shyt....I think im going to make some more appointments with behavioral health at least to start showing I have some emotional issues....

Dude you are spot on with that I even lied to myself I had a whole damn bunch of stuff I didn't list until recently why? because I tried to Soldier through....When we all know they don't give a fukk about you especially as you head out to Pasteur....I just know that 100% will limit some of the options I may want to get into post retirement but shyt at this point I just want to relax for a while.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think the confusion is that you’re thinking someone already has a VA rating of 80% or whatever percentage while still on Active. Obviously no one gets any VA benefit or rating until they separate.

I'm well aware of that....No the confusion I have is between the processes so you got CDRP/CSRP/ Branch pay VA pay tax free etc....You have some who are at 100% and able to work you have some that can't work....You have some who are 80% but get the full 80% on top of retirement pay...

I won't lie the whole process is confusing.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Can someone please put me on. I tried to get disability and they declined it:beli: I had trouble swallowing food my esophagus would close up and I was even seen for it. Had an egd with my esophagus dilated. Someone help me get this done:damn:
Your job should be getting disability keep appealing.

also claim something else an injury happened or it didn’t pain or depression can’t be quantified.

it’s free money