Who has VA Disability?

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY
Breh use that to your advantage. I would. I would walk into that exam barely being able to move

Walk gingerly from your car to the exam office. They have cameras pointed at the parking lot

I am at 90% currently. That extra bump to 100% would be lovely
Told you brehs.. before your exam that morning.. hit the Gym.. workout your back.. don’t stretch.. you’ll be sore.. go to your exam sore.. too ez

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thanks, although I know this information I think my symptoms are so common in the military it will def help a brotha out on here.

I have a few things already diagnosed not listed here but i’m trying to get these things checked out before I start my BDD in December.

I’m talking to a doc this month about the sleep stuff and I might roll up monday to sick call about my feet.

Did you file a claim when you were in? Or when you got out?
I did BDD when I retired last year. Started in March, done with exams in July, retired at the end of September and received my rating in the middle of October.

BDD claims are processed faster than claims after you separate. Plus it’s easier to go to appointments while you are still in as opposed to taking time off from work after you seperate. Make sure you request your medical records in November so you will be ready to file in December. Some VSOs won’t work with you unless you have your records.

Traveler

All Star
Daps
Breh use that to your advantage. I would. I would walk into that exam barely being able to move

Walk gingerly from your car to the exam office. They have cameras pointed at the parking lot

I am at 90% currently. That extra bump to 100% would be lovely
Yeah I got some advice and I'm going for sure. That should really help me cause I can barely walk and can't walk without pain. I'm at 90 also just need that last 10% as well

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Yeah I got some advice and I'm going for sure. That should really help me cause I can barely walk and can't walk without pain. I'm at 90 also just need that last 10% as well
Good luck breh. Sincerely. Get what you are owed!

That climb from 90 to 100 is the most difficult

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When they have you do the range of motion test, make sure you stop when you first experience pain or resistance. A lot people push through until they feel a lot pain which ends up affecting their ratings

Karume

All Star
Daps
For flat feet, you would have to be seen by a doctor or podiatrist while you were in and be diagnosed with flat feet. I think it’s 10%, but you also get custom insoles for your shoes for life.

However, they do look at your entry med exam from MEPS. If the entry exam shows you had flat feet, your claim can be denied
I got rated for pes planus and I was never diagnosed while in service. I have to add that my entry exam didnt show flat feet.

Karume

All Star
Daps
Ahh.. was it a VES or QTC appt? Reason why I’m asking is this.. by law they have to notify you.. and this is through a FedEx package sent to you.. if you never received that.. you can actually report them to the VA.. I had an issue like that and reported them.. magically, they gotta call from the VA and QTC rescheduled my appt
it turns out my C&P will be done by the VA itself. they sent a letter regular mail not fedex, so it's possible that i missed it before as I always expected a fedex. basically the letter just notified me to call them to arrange the appt. so I go in next monday for my hip which should get me to the 100 club

Karume

All Star
Daps
so, is there any special significance to having an exam at a VA clinic instead of through a contractor?

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so, is there any special significance to having an exam at a VA clinic instead of through a contractor?
From what I heard, no. I’ve been told exams at the VA is based on availability . I had my full exam done in a pain clinic and my eye exam done in a bus in a high school parking lot. I wished they would have let me done it at the VA. The pain clinic was sketchy as hell lol.

Karume

All Star
Daps
From what I heard, no. I’ve been told exams at the VA is based on availability . I had my full exam done in a pain clinic and my eye exam done in a bus in a high school parking lot. I wished they would have let me done it at the VA. The pain clinic was sketchy as hell lol.
hopefully this will be the last exam I need. I'm almost at 100

Ransoming

Pro
Daps
Any advice for mental health c&p exams? From what ive seen seems like there are quite a few who disregard what service members state