Who has VA Disability?

Traveler

All Star
Daps
I am just curious, so will the mental health aspect affect future jobs/careers (are you planning on working, can you?), and does the mental health affect your ability to be armed? Also, more so for everyone in the VA system, I have heard horror stories about people pissing dirty for weed, and losing thier benefits, is that true? Has the military become more lenient?
I don't know about the weed, I think VA now has the ability to perscibe it.

As far as the mental health, obviously if you have serious issues then its best to not be armed. I think the one that catches people is if they claim suicidal idealation. if you have it claim it, you probably shouldn't have weapons if that's the case. You life is more important that 2A rights and I am a huge 2A person.

TRBM

See me, only me...
Daps
I am just curious, so will the mental health aspect affect future jobs/careers (are you planning on working, can you?), and does the mental health affect your ability to be armed? Also, more so for everyone in the VA system, I have heard horror stories about people pissing dirty for weed, and losing thier benefits, is that true? Has the military become more lenient?
Pissing dirty in the military can affect VA benefits by way of the type of discharge if you get in trouble. It's hard to really get busted on a piss test (strictly by testing)

Zero tolerance for drugs tho

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The military really be fukking brehs up like that? I need to do the knowledge.

Is it a high percentage that come out with permanent physical and mental damage even when not going in “war time”?
Regarding physical damage, it all depends on what’s your claiming. I have numbness in my right arm that was caused when working out. Did various treatments and surgery is the last option left. VA rated me 30% for that condition and called it static, which means it’ll most likely never get fixed. Mental health is one that can be rated high. PTSD isn’t just a war zone thing. It could be various experiences that happened during your career that messed you up. Getting berated or bullied by superiors is an example. It’s all about how your mental health issues have affected you.

Your ratings are not affected by whether you deployed or not. It’s based on your ailments that you were diagnosed with while in. However, if you did deploy, there are some ailments that you do not have to be diagnosed with. The VA assumes you have it do being in a certain location. You can search for the Pact Act for more information on that

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody know for flat feet and nail fungus what type of evidence do you need?
For flat feet, you would have to be seen by a doctor or podiatrist while you were in and be diagnosed with flat feet. I think it’s 10%, but you also get custom insoles for your shoes for life.

However, they do look at your entry med exam from MEPS. If the entry exam shows you had flat feet, your claim can be denied

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah you're right I will admit alot of folks I work with got !00% and yea they seem fine from my limited interaction but I really don't know the issues they deal withon the daily that I don't see.
Yeah, a lot of people think they have you been in combat to get 100%. For the majority of time it’s the accumulation of injuries/ailments from years of service. Most important thing is to see the doctor and make sure things get documented in your records. If you separate and it’s not in your records, it won’t be impossible to claim something, but it’s a lot harder and requires more work from the member to prove that the issue happened during their service

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What’s the official name of hammer toes? Corns? I have a bunion on my left foot that I’m going to try to claim.
Yes you can claim bunions because it could have been caused by wearing boots all the time. However, it’ll probably be rated 0% which means you can be treated for it at the VA, but I wouldn’t expect much from it

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Yes you can claim bunions because it could have been caused by wearing boots all the time. However, it’ll probably be rated 0% which means you can be treated for it at the VA, but I wouldn’t expect much from it
If that means I can have surgery to get it removed that’s a W for me. Tired of this thing fukking up my shoes :pachaha:

Ransoming

Pro
Daps
Few things i’d like to get checked out while still active duty

Corns and calluses on feet
Pfb
Insomnia. I feel like no sleep is ever enough.
Erectile dysfunction from anxiety meds

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Few things i’d like to get checked out while still active duty

Corns and calluses on feet
Pfb
Insomnia. I feel like no sleep is ever enough.
Erectile dysfunction from anxiety meds
You definitely should get checked out before getting out. You’ll get 10% for PFB. If you have a shaving waiver, then you are already ready to go. If you don’t have one, definitely get one. ED will be rated 0, but they give you special compensation of like $120 a month for it and free pills if you need it. Hopefully you have already done a sleep study for your insomnia. Sounds like you may have sleep apnea if you are always tired

Ransoming

Pro
Daps
You definitely should get checked out before getting out. You’ll get 10% for PFB. If you have a shaving waiver, then you are already ready to go. If you don’t have one, definitely get one. ED will be rated 0, but they give you special compensation of like $120 a month for it and free pills if you need it. Hopefully you have already done a sleep study for your insomnia. Sounds like you may have sleep apnea if you are always tired

Thanks, although I know this information I think my symptoms are so common in the military it will def help a brotha out on here.

I have a few things already diagnosed not listed here but i’m trying to get these things checked out before I start my BDD in December.

I’m talking to a doc this month about the sleep stuff and I might roll up monday to sick call about my feet.

Did you file a claim when you were in? Or when you got out?

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY
Thanks, although I know this information I think my symptoms are so common in the military it will def help a brotha out on here.

I have a few things already diagnosed not listed here but i’m trying to get these things checked out before I start my BDD in December.

I’m talking to a doc this month about the sleep stuff and I might roll up monday to sick call about my feet.

Did you file a claim when you were in? Or when you got out?
Make sure you get your shoulders, back, neck, knees .. all them checked.. cuz those are easy to get secondary claims from

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Good luck!

I got. C&P Tuesday for sciatica. I just threw my back out cleaning the garage. I don't know if that's going to help or hurt
Breh use that to your advantage. I would. I would walk into that exam barely being able to move

Walk gingerly from your car to the exam office. They have cameras pointed at the parking lot

I am at 90% currently. That extra bump to 100% would be lovely