Who has VA Disability?

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Yep I did this shyt for the longest since I thought I ain't have a claim since I wasn't in for that long (4 years) and didn't really go to the doctor.
this was me. I was only in for four years and never really went to the doc. I used none of my benefits.

Took me seeing my brother get 100% my brother in law get 80% and my girls friend get 80 and then recently got bumped up to 100 to get my off my ass

jesc07

Pro
Daps
My dad's been retired for almost 20 years and he's just now applying for his disability benefits. Would he get backpay or nah?

A VSO has been helping him do his paperwork and stuff.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
My dad's been retired for almost 20 years and he's just now applying for his disability benefits. Would he get backpay or nah?
don't know about backpay. a lot of the backpay stuff is easy to substantiate because of modern healthcare record keeping. its worth exploring, but i wouldn't start the process 'expecting' it unless there's surgery or recorded events in his service history attached to his injuries.

jesc07

Pro
Daps
don't know about backpay. a lot of the backpay stuff is easy to substantiate because of modern healthcare record keeping. its worth exploring, but i wouldn't start the process 'expecting' it unless there's surgery or recorded events in his service history attached to his injuries.

Gotcha. We're good with him just applying cause he was against it for the longest.

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV
Absolutely. Yeah I feel like the VA is trying to say you can be “cured” now though

They had me at 30% PTSD rating and then bumped it up to 70% when they did another C&P exam

I’ll look into it. Thanks breh.
You got it, just think of the back pay every time you get bumped up in rating

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Gotcha. We're good with him just applying cause he was against it for the longest.
drag those old dudes in there kicking and screaming if you have to :mjlol: there was a retired SGM at one of the places I contracted it. He was shocked to hear that I was getting disability money AND working at the same time. For whatever reason, he believed that accepting disability money meant that I had to work within the VA community.

This dude had a whole back surgery for a spinal injury and wasn't sure if he qualified :dead: being unaware of the options and accessibility of stuff out there is a bigger hurdle than the 'stigma' of reaching out imo. Give pops that push he needs to get seen. Some of those benefits effect family as well.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
this was me. I was only in for four years and never really went to the doc. I used none of my benefits.

Took me seeing my brother get 100% my brother in law get 80% and my girls friend get 80 and then recently got bumped up to 100 to get my off my ass
Yea I had did the hearing a few years back but got denied so I didn't bother with anything and then was like fukk it and try and start claiming shyt that could possibly be contributed to my service (Shoulder pain due to always having a weapon slung, or some shyt like that) to see what sticks. Then my therapist who was also in the military was like I definitely have some anxiety issues and she was like she would write a letter and "diagnose" me and I'm seeing them next week for my examination.

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV
Think of it like this;

Disability works, the VA is determing "will this get better or worse with time?". They won't know unless you bring it to their attention with documentation to back it up.

Usually the folks bytching about "not getting my 100%" are not really worthy of that.

The one fat fukk up in your shop is the culprit. I don't want to say no one deserves their disability. But to be honest, alot of people are trying to game the system. It kind of irks me when you know someone is bullshytting. Meanwhile there are older vets, and vets in general that are owed more.

I went through a VA rep at my last duty station before I retired. VSO, DVA, VFW and Legion are good too. Anyone that wants to charge you is just in it for the $

Stay off reddit, all the advice is in here you will need.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I’m at 70% right now. Had an exam last week for sever flat feet. Got another exam this Monday for a lot of things related to plantar faciitis and migraines & blood pressure secondary to my sleep apnea

Daps
I assume they denied me because I was never diagnosed with it while I was in. I def had it though. I suspect it is partially the cause for my high blood pressure

I got diagnosed after I got out and I use a cpap. I am going to appeal and if I get disability for my blood pressure I and going to attempt to tie it in
Don’t assume.:ufdup:They literally tell you the reason for denial in the decision letter. Just address whatever the reason was. If you appeal using the same info you’re probably going to get the same result.

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
Think of it like this;

Disability works, the VA is determing "will this get better or worse with time?". They won't know unless you bring it to their attention with documentation to back it up.

Usually the folks bytching about "not getting my 100%" are not really worthy of that.

The one fat fukk up in your shop is the culprit. I don't want to say no one deserves their disability. But to be honest, alot of people are trying to game the system. It kind of irks me when you know someone is bullshytting. Meanwhile there are older vets, and vets in general that are owed more.

I went through a VA rep at my last duty station before I retired. VSO, DVA, VFW and Legion are good too. Anyone that wants to charge you is just in it for the $

Stay off reddit, all the advice is in here you will need.
Listen to this man!