Who has VA Disability?

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
I'm at 90%. Gonna fill out forms for the PACT act and that should put me over the top
The VA got a fukking note on the VA.Gov website saying you can apply by phone.

I called
Was on hold for 20 mins and then the person was like "I can give you information about applying but you have to fill out the form!" :beli:

I fukking hate the VA with the misinformation and time wasting!

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
How long ago did you file?

Im on the way out
I filed this one on Jan 29th. I filed for blood pressure, sleep apnea, and eczema. They denied me for sleep apnea but I am going to appeal. Blood pressure is still pending. I went from 10 to 60 off of my eczema alone.

I assumed I might get a 20 or 30% bump with everything. Getting pushed to 60% blew my mind. I’m so used to taking L’s I did not think it would realistically happen :yeshrug:

General Mills

Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
The VA got a fukking note on the VA.Gov website saying you can apply by phone.

I called
Was on hold for 20 mins and then the person was like "I can give you information about applying but you have to fill out the form!" :beli:

I fukking hate the VA with the misinformation and time wasting!
20 minutes! Ghatdam

WaveWhisperer

Stainless Steel
Daps
Reppin
Steel
I filed this one on Jan 29th. I filed for blood pressure, sleep apnea, and eczema. They denied me for sleep apnea but I am going to appeal. Blood pressure is still pending. I went from 10 to 60 off of my eczema alone.

I assumed I might get a 20 or 30% bump with everything. Getting pushed to 60% blew my mind. I’m so used to taking L’s I did not think it would realistically happen :yeshrug:
Man good shyt get what you deserve breh. Just got diagnosed with carpal tunnel in my left arm. I got three copies of my records including my referrals off base.

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY

How and why did they deny you sleep apnea? Were you diagnosed with it and were using a CPAP?

Daps

Establishing service connection is the hardest part with sleep apnea. I was denied initially but got it on a supplementary claim.

General Mills

Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
How and why did they deny you sleep apnea? Were you diagnosed with it and were using a CPAP?
I assume they denied me because I was never diagnosed with it while I was in. I def had it though. I suspect it is partially the cause for my high blood pressure

I got diagnosed after I got out and I use a cpap. I am going to appeal and if I get disability for my blood pressure I and going to attempt to tie it in

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV
Just got 60%. I was at 10% for hearing

That back pay just hit my account and I was:leon:
Keep at it, and upload any and everything related to your time in the Military.

I posted before, but for those of you working on your benefits:

Once you read and see the key words being used, it's basically a cheat sheet. And this is available to the public.

It boils down to documentation, and work on your (im speaking generally) part. The VA knows alot of people are not gonna put in the work.

Don't ever pay anyone to file, you can do it for free. And what these places don't tell you is that you have to sign Power of Attorney. So they have full access to your medical records.

Alot of folks that are 90% and above on here. It is doable, but takes a little bit of legwork. The good thing is you can upload any and all documents to support your claim

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
I got out in 2012 and was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea in 2019, been on cpap ever since.
Probably no claim right? I'm getting 10% for psoriasis, which started when I was deployed and had to use that cloth cranial all day every day on the flight deck

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I got out in 2012 and was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea in 2019, been on cpap ever since.
Probably no claim right? I'm getting 10% for psoriasis, which started when I was deployed and had to use that cloth cranial all day every day on the flight deck
definitely a claim. don't self-eliminate

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV
Brehs, I’m at 70% for PTSD only. Should I go for 100% :jbhmm:
Yep

PTSD never goes away.

Nothing wrong at all with therapy. Being a vet, there are a lot of resources. Military took your mental health, they owe you

PTSD is manageable, I believe it cannot be “cured” like a broken bone.

Lieutenant Daniels

I’m up for Major
Daps
Reppin
Major case squad
Yep

PTSD never goes away.

Nothing wrong at all with therapy. Being a vet, there are a lot of resources. Military took your mental health, they owe you

PTSD is manageable, I believe it cannot be “cured” like a broken bone.

Absolutely. Yeah I feel like the VA is trying to say you can be “cured” now though

They had me at 30% PTSD rating and then bumped it up to 70% when they did another C&P exam

I’ll look into it. Thanks breh.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Absolutely. Yeah I feel like the VA is trying to say you can be “cured” now though

They had me at 30% PTSD rating and then bumped it up to 70% when they did another C&P exam

I’ll look into it. Thanks breh.
the langauge of therapy and the language of compensation are different. just because the solutions and therapy mitigate what people suffer, it doesn't mean that the problem is 'gone'. it means that people are handling effects better.

its still something that must be managed constantly, and as such - compensated constantly. doctors don't speak for the compensation office and vice versa.